GTP_WRS Week 40 : El Toro

• Thread starter Argon
  • 132 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where to find the time in T1 to get under a 27.

This car hates losing grip or stability, always try to flow the car through corners. That may sound ridiculously obvious, but in turn one, for example, I’m using all of the track (very close to apex bollard and the traffic cones, abuse track limits wherever possible for super happy bonus points! :dopey:), pulling it out wide again for turn two, then trying to aim for a line which smoothly takes the car from the apex of three to a point to the left of four’s apex (I do use turn four’s apex, just in case that isn’t clear) to avoid compromising either, and hopefully maintaining momentum and grip throughout. Once you get the hang of that you can gain quite a bit of time elsewhere, as you’ve learnt the limits of the car.

I hope that all makes sense and actually helps someone at least a little. I always feel like my explanations are clumsy at best. :dunce:

So i have been very busy the past week. Found a new job and i'm also studying for upcoming exams but i finally found some time for this TT.
It feels like a Caterham on steroids :lol:. Trying to find grip out of a corner is the most frustrating thing with this combo. I realized that you don't turn on corners, you need slice through them. Or something like that, you get my point :dunce:.

Now that I actually remembered this was a thing, My best splits from A 5 Lap stint:

Fun little car, tempts you into pushing harder but will actually bite if you get too greedy.

Fair bit happier with my time now, however I made an error in T2 and lost .25 easily. Frustrating as the rest of the lap is solid.
My best T times are: .21 / .06 / .69.

Will be extremely interesting to see everyones T4 time :lol:

Out of curiosity how far off is everyones time vs their "optimal"? I'm currently sitting at .5 - .6 and this feels like too much...

Fair bit happier with my time now, however I made an error in T2 and lost .25 easily. Frustrating as the rest of the lap is solid.

Out of curiosity how far off is everyones time vs their "optimal"? I'm currently sitting at .5 - .6 and this feels like too much...

I'm pretty close to optimum but I've gotten to the point where I pretty much ignore it. So many times I've gotten close to what the game believed was optimum and then found huge amounts of time in one or more sectors. These days if I feel good about my lap then I quit regardless of what optimum tells me

I'm .5 ish off my op but every time i improve my pb lap my op changes.
My sector 4 time is about .2 of my pd

D'oh! I got distracted by Monza and the Red Bull Ring this week, so never really got back to this after the race (where I quietly learned a lot). I'm heartened by my progress at this track (a whole second since my last splits) but there are still parts that are a complete mystery to me (most notably sectors 1-4).

I'm looking forward to a week driving in the dirt!

Out of curiosity how far off is everyones time vs their "optimal"?

.64, all in one session. Don’t know about actual optimal because I haven’t been paying that much attention, although I don’t think it’s much more (a tenth or so).

I’ve submitted anyway, even with my lack of confidence in the last sector, because I am not that unhappy with the lap, just a little irritated that I couldn’t at least go a couple of tenths faster. Maybe I still will, who knows...

To think I started getting paranoid that my best lap may have been dirty... I left a whole car width in the last turn. :lol:

18C71BD8-FA4E-41A7-BB60-B8566702F6F5.jpeg

Can we discuss last sector if we don’t talk about time? I have a question about the chicane.

I've never been fast in the last sector of nur gp. Although i take it in 2nd and try to stay on the flat part of the curbs. I don't fully put my foot down till after the 2nd curb. Think with the right line you could do it earlier. For the last corner it's important to get your foot down early. I use 2nd. Concentrate on the exit then work on your entry.

I just wanted to ask if it’s possible to straight line or cut with this car?

I’ve tried some variations and if I try and take too much curb it sends me flying! Or at the very least unsettles car.

You can discuss the last sector, no hint of time though.

You can't straight line the chicane, aside from anything else you would probably nail the course bollard on the second apex and DQ your lap. The other thing is this car does not like raised kerbs so you have to weave your way through keeping to flat ground as much as you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back