GTP_WRS Week 40 : Official results

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 64 comments
Congrats to all podium finishers! 👍

I was about .250 off a perfect lap my tune would have allowed.
Special mentioning to paulie's gears, well done.
Currently using similar gears on Week 41's car at suzuka east.

MadMax

Congratulations to Madison for the overall win, just edging by Ian. Great times guys.
It would be nice to see that finish online, or in a photo finish.
Quite the time put up by DarkNeo, wow.
An even better time and placement by Matt, well done mate.
Thanks to zed for the mention and Erik, it won't be long before your crushing my times, as before with GT4.

What's the deal with how some of you are saving relpays as just one file? Mine are always bce file folders with 5 files inside. I can't figure out how to load these replays onto my ps3. Just one file with no extention?

Thanks for checking my replay, Kagamushi.

GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking, glad it worked.:dopey:

Congrats to all podium finishers! 👍

I was about .250 off a perfect lap my tune would have allowed.
Special mentioning to paulie's gears, well done.
Currently using similar gears on Week 41's car at suzuka east.

MadMax

Thanks mate.:)

What's the deal with how some of you are saving relpays as just one file? Mine are always bce file folders with 5 files inside. I can't figure out how to load these replays onto my ps3. Just one file with no extention?

Thanks to someone who cares about these things for the better of us all, I figured out what was going on. For some reason when I first unzip replay files from some of you they appear as just a single file with no extention, the cure is to rename the file as a *.zip and decompress again, then it's just fine 👍

So, all that tadue so I could check one, and I did.

a 1'13.007 with correct specs and all, clean and green. Nice run Carl. It's not this however? 02---1'12.945---GTP_CarlPKY

So, all that tadue so I could check one, and I did.

a 1'13.007 with correct specs and all, clean and green. Nice run Carl. It's not this however? 02---1'12.945---GTP_CarlPKY

EDIT:

When I went home on my lunch break, I double-checked my USB drive and PS3 and found out what I did wrong.
I had saved the 1'13.007 lap as I had been planning on submitting it, but I went back and cut my lap time
down a bit to the 1'12.945, so I had two WRS_40 Zip files on my USB drive, and I must have gotten in a hurry
and mistakenly uploaded the wrong one.

Here is my correct 1'12.945 lap replay. Sorry for the mix up.

Attachments

• 1'12.945.zip
    101.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'll post my replay just to make sure I can do it, in case I ever need to :dopey: (it's ntsc btw)

GTP_arora Clean and green, just for checking.
gflagjn4.gif

No problems with your replay.

These replays are sometimes easy, sometimes not so easy and sometimes not at all.
I am able to just fly through the replay cycle now that I have the proper software, until then, no replays for me to see.
Reminds me of the Max drive.

All I do now is save the file to my desktop, open it up and open up the PS3/SAVEDATA folders and drag the BCUS folder to the same location on the USB drive, stick the USB in the PS3 and copy it using the PS3 XMB.

Cheers Kenny :)

I do the same thing, just odd that sometimes the replay does not unzip into a file structure, so just an extra step to get it to work, I've viewed several replays now from this week and also went into the archive and viewed a bunch of them. Good to know that the way I've been uploading them works also 👍

1'13.152---GTP_Fuzzy clean and green 👍
1'12.945---GTP_CarlPKY clean and green 👍

Great laps guys.

Matt.

Thanks for checking my replay Matt 👍

GTP_MJH--Correct specs/clean and green
gflagjn4.gif

Excellent lap mate--especially the final corner, great powerslide :D

Sorry for the delay, usb troubles! Replay attached

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    102 KB · Views: 8
CRAP...CRAP...CRAP...I forgot I need to submit a replay and the instructions don't relate to Mac users. On a Mac the trunk is like this:-

PS3 > SAVEDATA > BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7003 > (five different files here) ICON0.PNG, PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO, PIC1.PNG, REPLAY.DAT

What do I do??

EDIT: I can't get this working.

Last edited:
Yes,the BCE folder contains always the five files.

Try to upload the BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7003 folder.(That is the replay data)
That will do.

CRAP...CRAP...CRAP...I forgot I need to submit a replay and the instructions don't relate to Mac users. On a Mac the trunk is like this:-

PS3 > SAVEDATA > BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7003 > (five different files here) ICON0.PNG, PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO, PIC1.PNG, REPLAY.DAT

What do I do??

EDIT: I can't get this working.

You just need to upload that folder Sjaak mentions, using a file extension that works on GTP. We use zip files for PC, do you have zip or other compression software for mac, that shows as an applicable file extension here on GTP?

Yes,the BCE folder contains always the five files.

Try to upload the BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7003 folder.(That is the replay data)
That will do.
Yeah, I did try. I selected the file one-by-one so the attachments should show all five files but, as you saw earlier, only two files were on show. I've just tried to upload the REPLAY.DAT file but it tells me it's an invalid file (which makes sense considering it didn't show itself when I originally tried to upload all five files).

I suck balls at this kind of thing. HALP!!!

EDK
You just need to upload that folder Sjaak mentions, using a file extension that works on GTP. We use zip files for PC, do you have zip or other compression software for mac, that shows as an applicable file extension here on GTP?
I have StuffIt...but that's just an expander. I don't have any compression software...well none that I know of.

EDIT: I've downloaded the latest version of StuffIt 2009 but it's only the trial version...30 days!

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7003.zip
    98 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have a Mac and I have had no problems in zipping files and uploading them. It's a built in feature in MacOS. Just rightclick on the folder you want to zip and select compress.

I have a Mac and I have had no problems in zipping files and uploading them. It's a built in feature in MacOS. Just rightclick on the folder you want to zip and select compress.
See PM...I can't see that option on my Mac :(

Right Click the file / folder you want zipped, and click 'Create Archive of "Name of Folder"' 👍

hey guys. sorry for the kinda late post.
im still having computer problems and my usb drive isnt working too well.
:guilty:
but here it is.
again my apologies.
and congratz to everyone that participated.
that was a fun race
👍

View attachment replay.rar

Sorry for the late reply, I PMed Sjaak about it, hope its ok.

View attachment 69120

hey guys. sorry for the kinda late post.
im still having computer problems and my usb drive isnt working too well.
:guilty:
but here it is.
again my apologies.
and congratz to everyone that participated.
that was a fun race
👍

View attachment 69122

I can check your replays if you are both NTSC but i can't open a .rar file, is their a free program i can download to open them?

Back