GTP_WRS Week 40 : Weds Forest V.2.150

Why am I always so stinking slow at this track.
You are running some pretty high rear Downforce, I think it takes away more straightline speed than the front does. I tried yours out and was losing 0.5ish to myself. I started with min DF, tuned the car to my liking, then added a bit into the front to get the thing to turn.

Last splits of the night

T1 21.693
T2 48.283

Had a monster drift from exit of first tunnel to the entrance of the second which cost me abit but nailed the last sector for a 3 tenth gain at the line

@Allibubba99 Massive congratulations on achieving this milestone just 6 weeks shorts of running 3 years in row. That's just amazing, don't you go on vacation once in a while :P. Really brilliant effort keep it up!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Fun combo, since the triple mix part deux the GT300's conquered a special place in my heart! Can't wait to give this one a go:gtpflag:

My wife is just finishing up with medical school so we haven't travelled in 5 years. Once she starts making the big bucks, that will change!!!!

Thanks everybody and glad everyone is enjoying the combo. I can't take credit for anything other than reverse direction, the idea was all WRS Staff back in 2011!

you manage full throttle to T1, right?
No. But I haven't tried to. I'll try though:)

I just ruined a .3 T1...
AND I just had a legend lap ruined by PD's lovely penalty system. I had 2 wheels still on the white line(not even the curb), and it got invalidated. Compared to Monza where you can basically ignore the chicanes and get away with it.

:mad:

Edit: it is possible to do turn 1 flat, but it's faster to lift a tiny bit.

Last edited:
My wife is just finishing up with medical school so we haven't travelled in 5 years. Once she starts making the big bucks, that will change!!!!

Thanks everybody and glad everyone is enjoying the combo. I can't take credit for anything other than reverse direction, the idea was all WRS Staff back in 2011!
At $500,000 I can't afford to buy one ( due to my stupidly deleting all my Data! )and no courtesy car!! :irked:

I'm going to try something I haven't done before. A full lap summary. Be aware that it's probably going to be crap, because I'm really bad at explaining things:lol:.

image.jpg

Before the lap start:
Take an unusually wide entry to the final turn to maximize your speed into the straight. Keep it in 3rd gear and avoid the inside curb. Get on the power early and let the car run out wide.
The Plunge:
Put your left wheels just barley on the outside curb. If you get just the right amount, it will increases turn in. To much, and you'll slide and lose loads of time, or spin. Just before turn in, lift off to around 50% throttle for a fraction of a second. You should be back to full throttle before the apex. Make sure you avoid the inside curb. On my lap I'm going 129mph at the apex, and 124 is the lowest I drop down to on corner exit.

The Kink:
Easy flat. Make sure you position your car correctly for the next corner.

Clearing:
Before turn in, put your left wheels just over the curbing on your left to increase turn in. While turning in, left to 50% throttle for a fraction of a while simultaneously shifting down to 5th. Make sure that you get as close to the inside grass as possible. This is crucial to a good T1 split. The lowest I drop to is 113mph in my lap.

Clifftop:
Depending on your gears, shift to 6th around the T1 split.

End of Sector 1. My split- 21.374

For the entrance to Valley Rise, get your car as close to the cliff face as you dare to make the track as wide as possible. I'm hitting 141 before the braking point. I have no defined braking point for this corner, but I manage to brake at the same point consistently. Just find out what works for you. While you're turning in, shift down to 4th. Try to avoid the inside curb, however it will not ruin your lap if you hit it(I accidentally hit it on my best lap). Just after you hit the apex, floor it and don't lift off. Let the car run wide, just make sure you don't hit the grass. The slowest I hit is 100mph.

Daylight Turn:
The run up to the blind apex is all done flat out in 4th gear. Make sure you stay as tight to the curb as possible without hitting it. Just before you reach the crest of the corner, shift into 5th(still flat). The slowest I hit is 97mph.

Tunnels:
One of the harder corners to nail on this track, you want to brake right before you hit the crest of the corner. If you brake to late, your car could get airborne and send you into the wall. Trail brake deep into the corner to get the car try to get the car to rotate. Hug the inside line, and I haven't figured out if it's faster to sift down to 2nd for a moment and then go back up to 3rd, or stay in 3rd the whole time. You can get on the power earlier than you'd think, so take advantage of that. The slowest I hit is 63mph. On the run up to the final corner of sector 2, put your right 2 wheels on the concrete runoff, and your left 2 wheels on the rumble strip.

End of Sector 2. My time- 47.841

Forrest Hairpin:
As you turn into Forrest Hairpin, shift down to 3rd while you tap the brakes at about 25% for a split second. Just before you hit the apex, gradually get back in the power. You should be at 100% power by the end of the curbing on your left. The slowest I drop to is 73mph.

Forrest Esses:
The esses should be taken flat out. Make sure you don't invalidate your lap, as the penalty system is harsh at this particular point.

Stadium:
Shift into 6th at the exact time your front wheels lift off the ground. Brake when your halfway in between in between the shadow from the billboard, and the start of the rumble strip on your left. You should be going 125 by this time. As you brake, move the car into the middle of the track, while shifting down to 3rd. You want to floor it very early, about halfway through the corner. Hit a very late apex and let the car run out wide. The slowest I hit is 65mph.

End of lap.

My setup:
50/50
12.55/11.80
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
0/0
BB- 5/6
Diff- 13/12/6
DF- 350/300
Ballast- 2kg @ 50
Gears(set in order):
Reset to default
Top speed to min
1st. 3513
2nd. 2604
3rd. 2106
4th. 1753
5th. 1512
6th. 1347
Final. 3200

Hope it helps someone :)

I'm going to try something I haven't done before. A full lap summary. Be aware that it's probably going to be crap, because I'm really bad at explaining things:lol:.

Before the lap start:
Take an unusually wide entry to the final turn to maximize your speed into the straight. Keep it in 3rd gear and avoid the inside curb. Get on the power early and let the car run out wide.
The Plunge:
Put your left wheels just barley on the outside curb. If you get just the right amount, it will increases turn in. To much, and you'll slide and lose loads of time, or spin. Just before turn in, lift off to around 50% throttle for a fraction of a second. You should be back to full throttle before the apex. Make sure you avoid the inside curb. On my lap I'm going 129mph at the apex, and 124 is the lowest I drop down to on corner exit.

The Kink:
Easy flat. Make sure you position your car correctly for the next corner.

Clearing:
Before turn in, put your left wheels just over the curbing on your left to increase turn in. While turning in, left to 50% throttle for a fraction of a while simultaneously shifting down to 5th. Make sure that you get as close to the inside grass as possible. This is crucial to a good T1 split. The lowest I drop to is 113mph in my lap.

Clifftop:
Depending on your gears, shift to 6th around the T1 split.

End of Sector 1. My split- 21.374

For the entrance to Valley Rise, get your car as close to the cliff face as you dare to make the track as wide as possible. I'm hitting 141 before the braking point. I have no defined braking point for this corner, but I manage to brake at the same point consistently. Just find out what works for you. While you're turning in, shift down to 4th. Try to avoid the inside curb, however it will not ruin your lap if you hit it(I accidentally hit it on my best lap). Just after you hit the apex, floor it and don't lift off. Let the car run wide, just make sure you don't hit the grass. The slowest I hit is 100mph.

Daylight Turn:
The run up to the blind apex is all done flat out in 4th gear. Make sure you stay as tight to the curb as possible without hitting it. Just before you reach the crest of the corner, shift into 5th(still flat). The slowest I hit is 97mph.

Tunnels:
One of the harder corners to nail on this track, you want to brake right before you hit the crest of the corner. If you brake to late, your car could get airborne and send you into the wall. Trail brake deep into the corner to get the car try to get the car to rotate. Hug the inside line, and I haven't figured out if it's faster to sift down to 2nd for a moment and then go back up to 3rd, or stay in 3rd the whole time. You can get on the power earlier than you'd think, so take advantage of that. The slowest I hit is 63mph. On the run up to the final corner of sector 2, put your right 2 wheels on the concrete runoff, and your left 2 wheels on the rumble strip.

End of Sector 2. My time- 47.841

Forrest Hairpin:
As you turn into Forrest Hairpin, shift down to 3rd while you tap the brakes at about 25% for a split second. Just before you hit the apex, gradually get back in the power. You should be at 100% power by the end of the curbing on your left. The slowest I drop to is 73mph.

Forrest Esses:
The esses should be taken flat out. Make sure you don't invalidate your lap, as the penalty system is harsh at this particular point.

Stadium:
Shift into 6th at the exact time your front wheels lift off the ground. Brake when your halfway in between in between the shadow from the billboard, and the start of the rumble strip on your left. You should be going 125 by this time. As you brake, move the car into the middle of the track, while shifting down to 3rd. You want to floor it very early, about halfway through the corner. Hit a very late apex and let the car run out wide. The slowest I hit is 65mph.

End of lap.

My setup:

Hope it helps someone :)

Thanks Joe. Good explanation! :cheers:

(before your post :lol:)

Back