GTP_WRS Week 44: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 46 comments
I’ve taken a close look at Ben’s/Iceman/Be Weis replay and it is a tough call.

What I’m seeing is, if you compare tyre position to the safe/unsafe wheel locations image, the tread of the tyre is on the chamfer on the limit of the track edge.

The images bottom right of the third shows clean, the bottom left of image four shows foul.
upload_2018-10-2_20-21-49.png

Ironically, this is what caught Ben out on week three.

However, the rule does state that all tarmac is track and, to back this up, and to be fair to Ben, he did seek clarification on this and Mike/Argon called it safe.

That’s good enough for me. I say clean.

I’ve taken a close look at Ben’s/Iceman/Be Weis replay and it is a tough call.

What I’m seeing is, if you compare tyre position to the safe/unsafe wheel locations image, the tread of the tyre is on the chamfer on the limit of the track edge.

The images bottom right of the third shows clean, the bottom left of image four shows foul.
View attachment 770166

Ironically, this is what caught Ben out on week three.

However, the rule does state that all tarmac is track and, to back this up, and to be fair to Ben, he did seek clarification on this and Mike/Argon called it safe.

That’s good enough for me. I say clean.

I also said benefit of doubt for Ben, I've had my decision overturned before, hence the no green / red flag. Nothing against Ben or others, what I would ask is please don't post laps that close, so none of our fellow members have the same issues checking replays.

I know it's nice to gain that extra place, but there is always another TT after it. I thought I was on for 4th I was very surprised at 3Rd.

Just had a peek at the winning lap, fantastic job Dan after a big break. :bowdown:

.153 in the last sector .150 was my best and was trying desperately to break into the 29.xxx but alas it never happened.

Well done Sir each corner was inch perfect, I think you would of hit a 38.1 @T1 all but the turn in the dip could have been a little smoother
Glad to see you back active 👍

Just had a peek at the winning lap, fantastic job Dan after a big break. :bowdown:

.153 in the last sector .150 was my best and was trying desperately to break into the 29.xxx but alas it never happened.

Well done Sir each corner was inch perfect, I think you would of hit a 38.1 @T1 all but the turn in the dip could have been a little smoother
Glad to see you back active 👍

Thanks again Phil. I think the trick with any FF car is to brake and apex late and get the power on and straighten up as soon as possible.

The down hill left hander was very tricky. I didn’t really find a consistent line there. Overall I had a few ‘:03 optimal laps and ran a lot of low :04s. I think we all struggle with optimal and actual times!

My winning lap took about 90 laps and only gained be 0.01 of a second :boggled: still worth it though! 👍

I’m sure you could just as easily taken this one yourself.. maybe next time :cheers:

Back