S - 4

47wrs.jpg

Mazda RX-8 Type S

aapb210044py0.jpg

Daytona Road

p9190006.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Quiet week.

A quick note: almost half of this week's submissions did not follow the correct format (single line):
[div #]---M'ss.mmm---GTP_username
This is the same as the format given in the results themselves, except that place is substituted for the division from the submission.

I have a program that reads and sorts times submitted with this format, so any deviation (multi-line submissions, swapping time and name, etc) forces me to manually fix the submission. Thanks for your consideration in the future. 👍

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---6'03.540---GTP_Animera
gflagjn4.gif

Division 2:

1---6'06.258---GTP_theewar
gflagjn4.gif

2---6'07.233---GTP_zed300
gflagjn4.gif

3---6'07.423---GTP_LinPark
gflagjn4.gif

Division 3:

1---6'06.158---GTP_grevling
gflagjn4.gif

4---6'11.059---GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

5---6'12.326---GTP_demond
6---6'13.871---GTP_Nuclearfire

GTP_01GTP
rflagnv1.gif

Division 4:

1---6'19.769---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

47iw.jpg

Overall Results:

1---6'03.540---GTP_Animera
2---6'06.158---GTP_grevling
3---6'06.258---GTP_theewar
4---6'07.233---GTP_zed300
5---6'07.261---GTP_Mav3r1cK
6---6'07.423---GTP_LinPark
8---6'11.059---GTP_MadMax86
9---6'12.326---GTP_demond
10--6'13.871---GTP_Nuclearfire
11--6'19.769---GTP_DGiant2000

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Done to everybody that took part this week:tup:

GTP_Animera thats a great time:tup:

Heres my replay

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    129 KB · Views: 16
A quick note: almost half of this week's submissions did not follow the correct format (single line):
[div #]---M'ss.mmm---GTP_username
This is the same as the format given in the results themselves, except that place is substituted for the division from the submission.

Take a look at the orignal WRS 47 thread - it didn't mention this part this time so since this was not a regular style WRS event I wasn't sure if it was intentionally left out of sjaak's post - maybe the last time we did one like this we weren't doing that format? :) Either way, I'll be sure to put in the right format next time.

Congrats to all podiums and a big 👍 to all who entered because this one was not easy.

Theewar - clean
gflagjn4.gif

And here is my PAL replay:

Attachments

• GTP_LinPark_WRS47.rar
    143.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well done to everyone who persisted this week, and congrats to the podiums.
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Animera_WRS_47.zip
    131.7 KB · Views: 13
GTP_theewar
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_LinPark
gflagjn4.gif

Good races by both. 👍

Edit: Oops, sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
:( should have submitted my slow lap after all - would have been an easy silver and good for the Leadboard points :) well done Andy and all other podiums 👍

What a great line-up, you had Animera......along with your natural speed.

Well done to all who participated:tup:
Congrats to the podiums as well.
As much as the AI are annoying, I have to say a little dissappointed with the turnout.
Seems you may have over- mixed it up for some sjaak.

Attachments

• GTP_zed300 Week 47 WRS.zip
    149.4 KB · Views: 14
Nicely dominated Ian.👍 Quiet week indeed.:crazy:

Congrats to everyone who stuck with this combo, i wish i had more time with it as i was away for the weekend

Congratulations to Animera for winning this week.
Congrats also to grevling for a 2nd overall and to theewar for a 3rd overall, great times guys.
Well done to all that stuck it out with the AI and submitted.
I was to the point of just completing the races (touches or not) because I liked the combo.
Time to go back, raise the PP and beat these AI.

Here is my replay.
The only close call is entering the bus stop on lap 1. It's the right side corner.

times

2'07.886
2'01.004
1'59.698
6'08.588

Attachments

• 01GTP Week 47.zip
    144.4 KB · Views: 17
GTP_01GTP replay is dirty

i was able to push the start button in time to freeze the replay for a second and could see grass between the track and the front tire looking threw the reverse chase cam

GTP_zed300 - clean
gflagjn4.gif

After reviewing this one, I realize I could have gone a little faster - in the past, Turn 3 was very questionable if you put more than 2 tires to the left of the white line. But since all hard underground was part of this one you could take a much better line there and keep speed up for that long run down to the next hairpin. Oh well, I should read these things closer I guess. :)

Congrats to all podium finishers 👍

I had a close call in my fastest 3 lapper that was in the 6'07'.xxx's ,
So, I submitted the next race I could complete clean.

MadMax

Thanks LinPark:tup:
I wasn't overly keen on driving over the white line. Sort of used to not doing it, so I drive that turn, keeping on the inside in mind. Sometimes the exit didn't workout ,and this weeks event allowed us to go over so I continued on. I didn't do every lap.....or did I??:scared:

Thanks LinPark:tup:
I wasn't overly keen on driving over the white line. Sort of used to not doing it, so I drive that turn, keeping on the inside in mind. Sometimes the exit didn't workout ,and this weeks event allowed us to go over so I continued on. I didn't do every lap.....or did I??:scared:

Lap 1 you put 3 tires off briefly - Lap 3 you had all 4 tires over the white line for a bit. :) But, that's part of the event this week so it's fine.

GTP_01GTP replay is dirty

i was able to push the start button in time to freeze the replay for a second and could see grass between the track and the front tire looking threw the reverse chase cam

Thanks for checking my replay.
Two things I learned yesterday, L3 is reverse cam during an AI race and pressing the start button is a great way to pause the replay, if only briefly.
A lesson learned for sure.
I'm not making excuses for subbing a dirty replay, but had I know these 2 things the replay would not have been submitted.
In real time it looked close but good to me and now, after further review, I agree it's dirty. In fact, tires front and rear were off, just after the rumble for the rear tire.

I'm sorry to you Neil for having to take the time to review the replay and I never like the feeling of having to tell someone their replay is dirty.

I also want to say "Sorry" to the WRS community for having posted this dirty lap. It's been a while since my last DQ and I hope I never submit one again.

:cheers:

Good for you Kenny, experiences like this help you grow (up) into a better You ;)

Still missing GTP_Mav3r1ck and GTP_DGiant2000's replays for verification - deadline is 10/5 at 8:01 PM EST.

Thanks!

Sorry guys, busy week. Replay attached

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    150.4 KB · Views: 14
GTP_DGiant200 - clean
gflagjn4.gif

I need a second opinion on GTP_Mav3r1ck - on lap 2 just after turn 3 a Skyline runs up on his bumper, it accelerates towards him and backs off a bit, then hits the accelerator again in an attempt to pass him, at first I thought there was no contact but watching from the Skyline's cockpit and seeing its speed drop from 103 to 100 almost instantly and noticing a slight jump up in speed in the RX-8 at the point of incident I'm just not sure on this one. Can someone else please review and comment?

Thanks!

Thanks LinPark, sterling job again on the checking 👍

GTP_DGiant200 - clean
gflagjn4.gif

I need a second opinion on GTP_Mav3r1ck - on lap 2 just after turn 3 a Skyline runs up on his bumper, it accelerates towards him and backs off a bit, then hits the accelerator again in an attempt to pass him, at first I thought there was no contact but watching from the Skyline's cockpit and seeing its speed drop from 103 to 100 almost instantly and noticing a slight jump up in speed in the RX-8 at the point of incident I'm just not sure on this one. Can someone else please review and comment?

Thanks!

Hmm - watched the replay through and personally I don't think there is contact there, otherwise I wouldn't have submitted the lap at all. Obviously I'll go with the concensus opinion though :indiff:

I've just watched the particular incident through again and my view is that he's accelerated at me twice and backed off. The second time was close but I don't think there is contact there. I think it's just him lifting off the throttle. But as I say, I'll bow down to the majority.

Last edited:
Hmm - watched the replay through and personally I don't think there is contact there, otherwise I wouldn't have submitted the lap at all. Obviously I'll go with the concensus opinion though :indiff:

I've just watched the particular incident through again and my view is that he's accelerated at me twice and backed off. The second time was close but I don't think there is contact there. I think it's just him lifting off the throttle. But as I say, I'll bow down to the majority.

I've watched it all the way through 3 times. The first time I just watched your car for contact. The second time, I was in the Skyline, with roof cam, and saw it back off each time it came up on you, with no dramatic spike in speed drop. The 3rd time, I was in your car again, and watched for speed boost. Nothing immediately apparent there either.

Happy to report this one as clean. :)

GTP_Mav3r1cK
gflagjn4.gif

It's funny, we had almost the same incident in the same place on the track in the Event_01 time trial. Replay checking sure is a pain on Prologue. :grumpy:

Also, it looks like you had a lot of fun avoiding those Lotuses. Was funny when the green one passed you and then promptly ran himself off track on lap 3. :lol:

Anyhow, this one's official now.

:cheers:
Kevin

Last edited:
Back