GTP_WRS Week 47 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 92 comments
Really? :nervous: I know it was close but I was quite sure it was clean, there was definitely no wall contact. When I checked the lap on the replay, I did not see the car go through the poles either.. sucks to get red-flagged because of a dodgy mirror :ouch: and that is twice in 6 WRS combos, what a horrible record.

Make sure it will be twice in 60 :sly:
That pole position was pretty difficult to see :lol:

Actually I'm quite pleased that I got moved up now.
Cheers Biffy. 👍

I'm not sure if you're just joking around but I think that's a little uncalled for. 👎

@Biffy - bad luck. Don't let it put you off.

For those that have Biffy's lap, is there a drop in speed evident in the datalogger? I ask because I think there has been history both ways with regards mirrors through boundaries.

Last edited:
Cheers Biffy. 👍

Patting yourself on the back because you benefited from someone else's disqualification kind of goes against the spirit of community that we encourage in the WRS. You didn't beat Biffy's time so there's really nothing to be pleased about is there?

For those that have Biggy's lap, is there a drop in speed evident in the datalogger? I ask because I think there has been history both ways with regards mirrors through boundaries.

No speed drop in the datalogger, no. To be honest, I reviewed that bend 4 or 5 times and failed to get a shot that would prove without doubt there was contact. Viper's pictures look more damning than any I got but I think it may still be best to get the admins to review and discuss it. We have previously allowed a lap that had mirror contact but did that set a precedent for ignoring the mirrors as part of the car? I would't like to say that exactly but for msyelf, I'd already decided to call it clean because I couldn't 'get the shot'. Then again, the rules also state that if you're not sure a lap is clean, consider it dirty... and Biffy must've known it was borderline. I was also very close on that corner but after checking my own replay there at least 10 times, none of my shots looked like contact could occur.

You were pretty close on the last turn of sector 3 but you didn't touch the poles as far as I could see and the rest of the lap was clean as well.

2---3'26.260---GTP_Vagabond
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Many thanks mate 👍 :)

Last edited:
Patting yourself on the back because you benefited from someone else's disqualification kind of goes against the spirit of community that we encourage in the WRS.

You can say the same for posting a dirty lap and also deliberately posting dirty splits.
That's against the spirit too, am I correct?

Deliberately driving on the razor's edge and going for it in the submissions hoping for a green flag ain't called a good sport (again feel free to correct me), it's called desperation to win.

Sorry, it's harsh but that's the way I see it.

You can say the same for posting a dirty lap and also deliberately posting dirty splits.

Deliberately driving on the razor's edge and going for it in the submissions hoping for a green flag ain't called a good sport, again feel free to correct me.
It's not called sportsmanship, it's called desperation to win.

I totally agree with you there but that doesn't move your comment into a more favourable light. We all need to observe the expected standard of conduct or the community and its friendly atmosphere will suffer.

This was debated in another post and put to bed by Kevin. It's not relevant to bring back up again in a different context. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt and move on.

No speed drop in the datalogger, no. To be honest, I reviewed that bend 4 or 5 times and failed to get a shot that would prove without doubt there was contact. Viper's pictures look more damning than any I got but I think it may still be best to get the admins to review and discuss it. We have previously allowed a lap that had mirror contact but did that set a precedent for ignoring the mirrors as part of the car? I would't like to say that exactly but for msyelf, I'd already decided to call it clean because I couldn't 'get the shot'. Then again, the rules also state that if you're not sure a lap is clean, consider it dirty... and Biffy must've known it was borderline. I was also very close on that corner but after checking my own replay there at least 10 times, none of my shots looked like contact could occur.

Kev was quite clear in wk46 that people should only submit times and post replays that they are certain are clean. If in doubt consider it dirty, but as Biffy has stated, he was certain it was clean. Definately one for the admins.

May or may not help in relation to this from week 7...
p0604110249.jpg

1---3'27.592---GTP_Biffy
rflagnv1.gif

Photomode is a joke, missing the frames so I had to use my phone to take a shot.

fllgfc.jpg

inve5d.jpg

EDK
No Contact with walls or other objects, including invisible walls. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

The matter of catching the exact frame where the mirror is in the pole is a one in a million job, but I guess that my pictures show enough.

Energizerrr, You seem to be on a mission to red flag Biffy? Your pictures are very convincing, but the replay has already been checked by two others and has been referred to the admin. Let's leave it there and wait on the outcome shall we.

I'm not sure if you're just joking around but I think that's a little uncalled for. 👎

@Biffy - bad luck. Don't let it put you off.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Cheers Biffy. 👍

Deliberately driving on the razor's edge and going for it in the submissions hoping for a green flag ain't called a good sport (again feel free to correct me), it's called desperation to win.

Sorry, it's harsh but that's the way I see it.

I really did not see the humour in your comment, definitely in bad taste. I'm pretty sure I acknowledged my mistake, accepted it, said sorry, and moved on? So why are you still bringing up? I'm fully aware now that it was a bad idea, as Kevin said, it doesn't require further discussion.

And I'm sorry, but your post just stinks of bitterness. I didn't just look at my lap and think "oh that's dirty but I'll submit just for the hell of it" as you seem to be implying. I did take time to review it, I made very sure there was absolutely no contact with that fence, and there wasn't. I knew it was very close, yes, but my understanding is, if there is no contact with the walls/fences that has a physical effect on the car, then it is clean. And I still think that now. I didn't "hope" for a green flag, I felt it was clean so I submitted. After at least half of day of practising and getting those splits, do you really think I would just throw my lap away because it was close? If I considered it dirty I wouldn't have submitted that time. Easy.

And I'm aware of the 'spirit' in the WRS. I love it, the camaraderie around here is great, it's why I'd like to stick around because most people are very friendly. But I really do not understand the point you are trying to make? I am competitive, no doubt about that, sometimes it rears it's ugly head and irks people, I really don't intend to do that, it's just a part of my personality. And I won't lie. I want to win, but that doesn't mean I expect to win, neither do I try to bend the rules as much as I can as you seem to be implying. I'm not "desperate to win" either, I won't stand for that lazy assumption. I'm pretty sure that one of the objectives of the WRS is to get the fastest times you can achieve, and learn from those who are faster than you. I don't try to disrespect anyone atall, that definitely the opposite of what I want to do, but I'm not going to dumb down my driving just because you don't like it.

Yeah, like I said above, I was aware it was borderline but very sure that it was clean.

We'll have a look at Biffy's replay and make a definitive ruling on it.

We don't need any other members trying to cast judgment or determine his intent.

One thing that's clear - This one is a very close call, not something that's blatant and obviously dirty.

My replay as requested NTSC.

Attachments

• RaceRyder Week 47 Topless Girl Replay.zip
    563.9 KB · Views: 13
I was able to take this Photo at the 2'49.883 mark to visually confirm Biffy's car indeed had contact with the Wall / Ribbon and this confirms the DQ for the lap.

Chamonix-Main_2.jpg

It's important to add that at no point prior to this particular pic being taken was it obvious that there was contact with the wall, and I was never able to freeze the replay in a spot that showed contact with the Blue Poles.
Nor could I get a shot that showed the car as close to the Blue Pole as previous posts had.
In watching the replay, it was absolutely not certain that the lap was dirty, and it wasn't until several passes, and pauses before it became somewhat clear how close the car got to the barrier.

However, as much as it may not have been apparent in the replay that the lap was dirty, it was almost impossible to believe 100% that it was clean IMO.
It has been mentioned many times in the past that if you are not 100% certain it is clean, then don't submit the lap.
There will always be weeks with a few close calls, and if anyone thinks their lap is questionable, there's several Moderators available now that could have checked the replay in advance of posting it to the results thread had a request been made.

1---3'27.592---GTP_Biffy
rflagnv1.gif

Photomode is a joke, missing the frames so I had to use my phone to take a shot.

The matter of catching the exact frame where the mirror is in the pole is a one in a million job, but I guess that my pictures show enough.

No they don't in fact. No more or less than the previous pics that were posted. And all of those pics indicated that there was most likely contact at some point.
We are all very aware of the limitations presented by Photomode, but at no time will phone pics be accepted as 'evidence' regarding a submitted lap.

Biffy's lap had already been red-flagged, and there was certainly no need to post another as he had already acknowledged the observations / decision(s) of other drivers, and accepted the DQ.

My replay. I'm afraid, Biffy :(
Bad end for a very good battle. Didn't you read about me checkin my own lap for half an hour? :nervous:

Attachments

• GTP_Duck_PAL_WRS_week47.zip
    547.1 KB · Views: 9
My replay. I'm afraid, Biffy :(
Bad end for a very good battle. Didn't you read about me checkin my own lap for half an hour? :nervous:

That's something I respect and that's also something I do everytime I post a submission.
I'd rather post a 2 seconds slower time than risk posting a dirty replay and getting a red flag.
I apologise for my reaction and my attack on Biffy but I take WRS a bit seriously since GT5's seasonals are very dodgy (just look at P1 for Chamonix now and you'll get the point) and so WRS are the only TT events I'm doing.

I'll check your replay now Paul (it's Paul, right?).

Edit:
Done, good clean lap. 👍
3---3'28.352---GTP_Duck

Last edited:
The DQ of Biffy puts me on 3rd place in D2. Just doesn't feel as good as the other podiums I achieved. In fact I'm not happy at all right now.

Here's my replay

Attachments

• GTP_viper84 week 47 PAL.zip
    547.6 KB · Views: 8
I'll check your replay now Paul (it's Paul, right?).

Edit:
Done, good clean lap. 👍
3---3'28.352---GTP_Duck

Yes, I'm 100% italian but was born and lived in Germany for my first 4 years ;)
Thanks for checking :cheers:

Checking Thomas replay now.

@artanonim: please re-attach your replay without changing the folders name. This corrupts your data.

EDIT:
3---3'26.736---GTP_Anghammarad

Clean lap and easy to check, correct time, account and.... tires :D

Last edited:
@artanonim: please re-attach your replay without changing the folders name. This corrupts your data.

I suggest you use this as folder name for GTP_Art's replay: BCES00569-RPL003
;)

6---3'37.539---GTP_Art
rflagnv1.gif

Your left front tire touched the snow wall in the second corner of sector three. Your speed dropped from 66 km/h to 61 km/h.

Here's my replay (PAL). When I checked the splits on Monday night and saw otxjto and ASpecBob had passed me I thought my chance of a podium was gone. Looks like I did OK in T4 though.

Thanks in advance for whoever checks this. Hopefully it's easier than some of the others.

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments

• WRS Week 47 GTP_the_wilco PAL.zip
    558.1 KB · Views: 8
New posting for week 47 NTSC RaceRyder. First try Corrupted.
Thank you DDiamond for the try.

Hope this works properly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Replay worked perfect, Dale!

Nice smooth run!

Visible specs and time correct.......

GTP_RaceRyder -

Back