GTP_WRS Week 48 : Gee Tee Forty

• Thread starter Argon
  • 213 comments
Hi guys here's the gears I'm using for each turn...

Cross the start line in 4th gear at 155mph
Brake early for Turn 1 just after you pass the 150m board to 2nd gear lowest speed 50 mph
Turn 2 is 2nd gear lowest speed 70 mph
Gear up to 3rd after turn 3 on the rumbles around 114mph
Approach turn 4 right of the track in 4th and brake hard just after the 150m board and try to coast it in 2nd gear at about 65mph
exit turn 5 and the natural line will take you out to the right hand rumbles.. gear up to 3rd at the end of the rumbles 114mph
stay left approaching turn 6 and brake just before the 50m board and coast in 2nd at about 82mph around turn 7
ride the rumbles on the left approaching turn 8 and brake early and drop to 1st gear and coast that small rumble speed no less than 47mph .. stay in 1st and a burst of throttle and lift again to coast around turn 9 speed roughly 52mph and a smooth line you will throttle out onto the rumble on the right approaching turn 10.. gear up to 2nd at the end of the rumble and head left for turn 11 and brake early again down to 1st and coast around the right hander no less than 42mph.. early on the throttle and up to 2nd for a tight line around turn 12 and full throttle across the rumble.. brake just after you leave the rumble and stay in 2nd gear at around 60mph minimum and take turn 13 and if taken correct you will end up on the right hand rumble holding steady for the uphill leaving the rumble at 80mph and stay smooth through turn 14 and hopefully cross the line again at 155mph

That's as good as I can explain tbh.. just brake early and tread carefully and it will fall into place, turn 13 has to be done in 2nd gear to carry the speed to the line for the lap ;) I will add a T1 vid if that would help for the early part 👍

GL guys :cheers:

Last edited:
Enough d***ing about with the livery, I should be driving :lol:

LeMansGT40.jpg

lost some time in S3, still pleased with myself :)

BB +5 and try to do everthing your told here: :bowdown:

Brake early for Turn 1 just after you pass the 150m board to 2nd gear lowest speed 50 mph
Approach turn 4 right of the track in 4th and brake hard just after the 150m board and try to coast it in 2nd gear at about 65mph
exit turn 5 and the natural line will take you out to the right hand rumbles.. gear up to 3rd at the end of the rumbles 114mph
stay left approaching turn 6 and brake just before the 50m board and coast in 2nd at about 82mph around turn 7
ride the rumbles on the left approaching turn 8 and brake early and drop to 1st gear and coast that small rumble speed no less than 47mph .. stay in 1st and a burst of throttle and lift again to coast around turn 9 speed roughly 52mph and a smooth line you will throttle out onto the rumble on the right approaching turn 10.. gear up to 2nd at the end of the rumble and head left for turn 11 and brake early again down to 1st and coast around the right hander no less than 42mph.. early on the throttle and up to 2nd for a tight line around turn 12 and full throttle across the rumble.. brake just after you leave the rumble and stay in 2nd gear at around 60mph minimum and take turn 13 and if taken correct you will end up on the right hand rumble holding steady for the uphill leaving the rumble at 80mph and stay smooth through turn 14 and hopefully cross the line again at 155mph

That's as good as I can explain tbh.. just brake early and tread carefully and it will fall into place, turn 13 has to be done in 2nd gear to carry the speed to the line for the lap ;) I will add a T1 vid if that would help for the early part 👍

Not sure it's what I'm doing but sure sounds like what i'm trying to do

Read some of the comments above about the car being fantastic to drive. I couldn't see it. Regardless, drove for about 70 miles but was wondering why I couldn't get off the bottom of the leaders board before I checked what tyres were required.......softs.......:dunce:

Anyway....

have seen some 25.7s for S1 so hopefully I can grab that and get some more from the other sectors too.

20181023_200335.jpg

Ready to go

Edit:

Best I could manage in my opening 8 laps. Just typical struggle to find the perfect line around Interlagos regardless of what car I use.

Last edited:
Well, the first combo with a repeat track. Having driven the car, I absolutely agree its a joy to drive. For something that is around 50 years old, It handles like a very recent Sports car
As you said, for something that is around 50 years old, It handles like a very recent Sports car. For me it is the best car in the game so far :):cheers:. Talking about 50 years old, I am 4 years older but I feels like I am 24 again :).

I wish I joined these TT early this year to get better at this game, because I am enjoying these, and thank you :cheers:.

This has been a huge help for my latest session. I've still got heaps of time to find, but I can see where it is now. Thanks! 👍

Back