GTP_WRS Week 48 : Super Mario's Alpine Hillclimb

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 179 comments
First five laps. This one is fun!
Still having trouble finding the time but back to London so will be able to set a time there over the weekend too.

Every time I improved on my T2 time I was unable to break properly going into that corner with > speed. :banghead:
I have set my BB @ 0/0 and it has helped. Hopefully with practice I can find some "feel" in my pedal and increase it a little.

Best time after realizing I had to reset the suspension to default. Was .3xx faster at the line before resetting :(

Thought we weren't allowed to change brake balance since that is pretty much what you can change with the in game RA function.

Thought we weren't allowed to change brake balance since that is pretty much what you can change with the in game RA function.

@Mamba

TT info states brake balance is an option. I am pretty sure you can set it to whatever you like but you can not make changes during your lap via the RA fuction.

Last edited:
This rusty old fool managed a few first laps.

Is it me or is the track map in the leaderboard non-reverse?
Also if I recall correctly the S/F line has been moved.

T1: ?????
T2: ?????

Was feeling quite smug because I tried a couple of laps with DS3 and stock set-up, found myself halfway up the LB. Then realised I had wrong tyres and was using ABS. On the plus side I hadn't changed the oil. After changes came the reality check. First corner straight into the weeds. Must concentrate. :boggled:

Apparently everyone knows how to do T2... Well, i don't. :lol: First time driving this track in reverse, although i also never could get this one corner right... But T3 will be the decider ;)

Last edited:
Funny one @MadMax I like it but my wrist is protesting on the twisty part.
Stil drove some laps to see what can be done and for now it's

BB 2/5

Just realized that my suspension wasn't default :guilty:
I think the new default setup is faster though, just ran a 35.124 but blew it in sector 3.

Last edited:
After about 30 minutes of driving I'm actually enjoying this one and much to my surprise, I've barely locked up! :sly:

Key corners to me are the long left hander after the tunnel - essential to carry speed and get the right line there - and the twisty bits at the end which are more about the line than speed carried really.

New brake splits (1/5), new time splis:

Now who will be the first to a sub-35 second T2?

It's the reverse map for me, and the reverse-specific S/F line is in the right place. The S/F line is after the hairpin in the village; if it weren't different than the forward version, it would be before the hairpin.

Slower T2, but -0.3xx at the line. I've seen a 35.4xx T2 so there's another couple of tenths in it for me.

This rusty old fool managed a few first laps.

It's the reverse map for me, and the reverse-specific S/F line is in the right place. The S/F line is after the hairpin in the village; if it weren't different than the forward version, it would be before the hairpin.

I uploaded the new image this afternoon ;)

Initial Splits

Not sure if it will work, but for anyone who owns an "old" Hudson Hornet and does not want to spend $500k on another one here are the changes that are needed to the suspension.

Camber 1.5 / 3.5
Toe -0.50 / 1.0

Does this work or do we have to buy from dealership?

I tried the reset method but that didn't work ( Fetchy rejected my submission as previously mentioned).

Back