GTP_WRS Week 5: Time for Some Grip

• Thread starter EDK
  • 86 comments
Not even done a full lap yet, going through circuit exp, as I've not done any on this track so far, just can't get the first section right with anything like a decent time, will take time, gave up trying with wheel as I was doing so bad. Could be the setup, not sure.

Thanks mate! I have been dealing with the worst backache I ever had since I crushed the vertebrae in my spine at 15 year old falling through a roof. been laid up for weeks with this bout and hobbling around like a 90 year old so no time for racing or pretty much anything other than eating and toilet haha.. feeling a lot better today so thought I would test some laps :cheers:

I will defo submit a time for this round no matter what 👍

Thanks mate! I have been dealing with the worst backache I ever had since I crushed the vertebrae in my spine at 15 year old falling through a roof. been laid up for weeks with this bout and hobbling around like a 90 year old so no time for racing or pretty much anything other than eating and toilet haha.. feeling a lot better today so thought I would test some laps :cheers:

I will defo submit a time for this round no matter what 👍
Glad to hear you're feeling better, I think that some precision use of your feet and hands sounds like some good physical therapy for you :D

Last edited:
Great to see you again Ron! 👍
I had another go today and managed to squeeze some more out.

1'27.756

I think there's maybe a tenth or two left for me, but I have an iRacing league race this weekend to prepare for so don't know if I'll be able to try again.

Great to see you again Ron! 👍
I had another go today and managed to squeeze some more out.

1'27.756

I think there's maybe a tenth or two left for me, but I have an iRacing league race this weekend to prepare for so don't know if I'll be able to try again.
Good to see you also.. and those are some wicked splits man!! :cheers:

1'28.414

Still chipping away :)

1:30.413

Not huge gains in the sectors but half a second overall!

If anyone has any tips or guides to run sector 1 consistently it’d be greatly appreciated! Can’t hit gold on the circuit experience sector either!
For the first corner I start turn in at the side road near the 50m sign and keep full throttle until the start of curbing on the inside right then brake 50% staying in the middle of track, keep 50% brake slowly downshifting to 2nd and down to 120-130kph to really late apex, exit up to 4th gear for next left then to 3rd for next right and rest of sector. Not sure if that helps but for me using the inner right curb as brake marker for first corner sets up the line nicely, the rest of the sector is rhythm and flow :)

For the first corner I start turn in at the side road near the 50m sign and keep full throttle until the start of curbing on the inside right then brake 50% staying in the middle of track, keep 50% brake slowly downshifting to 2nd and down to 120-130kph to really late apex, exit up to 4th gear for next left then to 3rd for next right and rest of sector. Not sure if that helps but for me using the inner right curb as brake marker for first corner sets up the line nicely, the rest of the sector is rhythm and flow :)
Thanks mate, I’ll see what I’m doing tomorrow and compare! The first corner really feels make or break for the whole lap! 👍

Back