GTP_WRS Week 50 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 89 comments
10--1'38.920---GTP_Shlagemz
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Replays should be uploaded as .zip files. You uploaded a .rar file. Some people might have a problem openening .rar files.

11--1'38.959---GTP_Tuesdaymops

The replay files have to be in the correct folder in order to be imported successfully, in your case BCES00569-RPL002. Instead of the replay files you should compress the replay folder into a zip file the next time you have to post a replay for verification.

3---1'38.250---GTP_the_wilco

The lap time of the replay you posted is 1'38.732. Please post the right replay.

10--1'38.920---GTP_Shlagemz

Replays should be uploaded as .zip files. You uploaded a .rar file. Some people might have a problem openening .rar files.

Thank you so much Viper for the inspection :sly:, I'll make sure to post the way you mentioned next time. :)

3---1'38.250---GTP_the_wilco

The lap time of the replay you posted is 1'38.732. Please post the right replay.

Sorry, that's what happens when you do things in a hurry. I'll post the correct one tonight.

Cheers,

Stephen

I've been testing for hours. I still don't know how I did it. It hasn't mattered whether SRF is on or off, my best t1's are low .8xx. My t2's keep me at 57,6xx, and no further. It's hard to break 57.8.xx.
wtf.gif

I've watched that replay for hours, turning into days. For the first two sectors, it's perfect. You just can't do it any better! Whether it was skill or pure dumb luck, I don't know. I just know that I did it!

My first reaction when I set that lap was "Something's gotta be wrong! I'm not that fast!" And then when I lost the race by a tenth, it seemed to make sense. I won two out of three sectors, but Wes and Twissy still beat me by three tenths in one sector alone!
bump.gif

What I do know is that I FELT fast that morning. The foam pads made me feel invincible! Subtle touches were suffficient, and I kept going faster! The ghost became a joke.
slapping.gif

I didn't realize how fast, until I topped the leaderboard! :eek:

Then I became nervous. I'm still nervous! How did that happen? I only drove for 30-35 hours! :sly:

To be blunt, that lap scares me. I have to live up to it, and truth be told, I don't feel I'm ready. :nervous:
I was just a racing junkie out to get a cheap high, then I turned that lap! :ill:

And I am very proud of that lap, mind you. I just wish I knew how i did it!!!
Thinking.gif

Racing On! :cheers:

We've thoroughly checked your replay, and it's consistent with a legitimate run, there's no evidence of SRF.

You were just that fast this week, Chuk. 👍

Well done.

:cheers:
Kevin

Thanks Matt, Baron, and Duck for the tight fight for 2nd and 3rd, maybe you guys missed when I stopped in T3 for that sandwich, though. :dunce:

I'm just happy that I can compete with you, Duck, etc (but not Chuk :lol) :)
I enjoyed the fight a lot too, very late but.....thanks, also for the split analysis.
I had a bad surprise monday morning checking your dead line splits and results :D

A sabbatical week. Very busy at work and no time for foruming and the rain dance too.

Congratulations to all podium drivers. A special mention to Chuck. We were fighting good until you foamed your hardware.... and there was no match with similar pedals 👍

EDK
We've thoroughly checked your replay, and it's consistent with a legitimate run, there's no evidence of SRF.

You were just that fast this week, Chuk. 👍

Well done.

:cheers:
Kevin

Well happy for you about that Chuk. :cheers: Fantastic run and you beat me.. :crazy: You haven't done that since the Reasonably Priced Car. :P I realise I wasn't your target, you were after the win but I wanted that podium spot and wasn't going easy, believe me. Well done mate. 👍

Great job on the verification guys. 👍

Thanks for the info about the replay file. I'll make sure it will be in the right format next time .

Mops

Well happy for you about that Chuk. :cheers: Fantastic run and you beat me.. :crazy: You haven't done that since the Reasonably Priced Car. :P I realise I wasn't your target, you were after the win but I wanted that podium spot and wasn't going easy, believe me. Well done mate. 👍

Great job on the verification guys. 👍

Thank you, Kevin! :cheers:

I know I'm paranoid. I was truly stunned. I was determined to break into the 1'36.xxx's, then I did it. Then I did it again. Then I had a beer and kissed my new foam blocks!!! :D

Truthfully, Chris, you WERE my target!! :cheers:

I know I can't win D2 without matching some D1 guys. Since you and Jerry were the two closest to me, and you've always been fast, I was using your times as a guide. I thought Jerry would jump in with new splits, and never expected to catch Wes and Twissy.
When I had my first .8xx in t1, I knew I had a chance. Then I had sector times that were consistently fast. I never got that great t3, though. That last sector time is within .050 of my PB. Even in the on-line races, my t3's were clean, but not fast. :dunce:

Racing On! :gtpflag:

edit: Thank you Duck! :cheers:

Here's my (hopefully) correct replay.

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments

• WRS GTP_the_wilco Week 50 PAL.zip
    285.6 KB · Views: 7
Replay:

Attachments

• GT5 WRS Week 50 GTP_w-g-e PAL.zip
    281.2 KB · Views: 11
Great to hear that your lap has been verified as totally legit, Chuk.

If there is such a thing as a vote for WRS performance of the year, this gets mine :D 👍

Thank you Matt! :cheers:
Thank you Jon! :cheers:

I am finally calming down and enjoying it. My wife said if I watch that 🤬 replay one more time!! :lol:

The pedals make all the difference. I settled on a stiffer brake pad, and now I'm really starting to notice a change in my driving. It seems its easier for me to hit my apexes time after time, with more precision. :)

Racing On!! :gtpflag:

edit: I read this on a bottlecap this morning: "If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment!" :sly:

Looking forward to seeing the replay in one of Dan or Christophe's review videos Chuk - surely must be a thing of beauty!

4---1'37.260---GTP_Sphinx

The second personalized save icon thing, I shall now make my own too :sly:

Nice lap, good job 👍

Double thanks Mike and Jerry and Kristof for the podium video..👍

Here's my replay. Good racing! Insane T3 times. I was super sloppy after T2 because when I did this lap I didn't realize the whole lap time counted! However after trying many times I did improve my T3 time but not my T1/T2 so I am sticking with this one.

So I guess someone will review this at some point? :nervous:

That's the theory, anyway. We have 3 or 4 unchecked NTSC replays that need checking. Anyone up to it?

Hint: if you go to the Results part of the leaderboard (http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/results/50/), you can click on the ? icon and it will help you locate the posts that have unchecked replays.

I will try to get these tonight and check. Should have a pretty free night. :D

Thanks DB, that would be awesome. Note that GTPcats_pajamas always shows the ? icon, due to a low priority bug in the leaderboard code. So we're just looking for checks on GTP_CarbonFibers, GTP_Tonystew42, and GTP_Dumpy. 👍

4---1'39.408---GTP_CarbonFibers
rflagnv1.gif

Hate to throw up the red flag on you. Lap is well clean, time matches, but you are running on Sports Hards instead of the required Comfort Softs. :guilty:

13--1'39.435---GTP_Tonystew42

Time correct, tires correct, clean lap. Couple close calls in the T1 esses and the double left at the start of T2 but you came away clean.

7---1'40.576---GTP_Dumpy

Time and tires correct. Not sure if it was a glitch or what but the first time I watched the replay your car went into the wall in the tunnel at the end of T1...to the tune of half a taillight. :scared: Didn't hear any contact or see any sparks and I could not get it to repeat on subsequent viewings.

Last edited:
7---1'40.576---GTP_Dumpy

Time and tires correct. Not sure if it was a glitch or what but the first time I watched the replay your car went into the wall in the tunnel at the end of T1...to the tune of half a taillight. :scared: Didn't hear any contact or see any sparks and I could not get it to repeat on subsequent viewings.

Hah, that's strange. Thanks for the review!

Back