GTP_WRS Week 53 : A Rainbow of V-12's

• Thread starter EDK
  • 125 comments
I am finally enjoying GT5P, and also starting to get a feel for the car and it's limits.
Bearing in mind, I've had the game 3 weex, had the car 3 hours, and had my eyes open for 17 hours so far, I think I did ok.

I know I can do better, and I will be back to try again when I get chance.
It's the damned oversteer when applying throttle in 3rd that keeps catching me out. It's such a different game to GT4, in many respects.
However, the car does remind me of the super autobacs MRS, and I always liked that one too.
I did:

1'01.1xx
1'52.0xx

so far......

Good luck everyone.

:mischievous:👍

First Splits:

T1: 1'00.065
T2: 1'50.231

Hopefully a bit of time left here and there.

This is going to be great 👍 Lets see if this combo can bring an even bigger turn out then week 51 :D

And I see Maz is already in on the game :lol: Good looking splits 👍

<<< I have my go fast costume on and ready for this one :sly:

Nice Avatar :dopey: CT 👍

Blistering times posted in here, scary as a matter of fact.
Looks like I need to really get my behind in gear and find 1.5 seconds :scared:

Blistering times posted in here, scary as a matter of fact.
Looks like I need to really get my behind in gear and find 1.5 seconds :scared:

Yeah, and once I find 1.5 seconds, I'll be where you are now! :crazy:

@ timeattack07gt: Exchanging tunes?!?!?! How about sharing tunes man! :lol:

Last edited:
After my first 20-30 min. session, I can see that I have a LOT of time to make up for! First splits are:

T1: 1'03.050
T2: 1'54.905

:scared:

Yeah, and once I find 1.5 seconds, I'll be where you are now! :crazy:

@ timeattack07gt: Exchanging tunes?!?!?! How about sharing tunes man! :lol:

I've just been using Ren's tune with a few little tweaks 👍 It's posted in the 512 race event thread...sorry for my laziness :lol:

Haven't really spent much time at all tinkering with the tune yet, but it may be worth giving a try 👍

Edit: Here it is

Power -20
weight 86
S3 S3

Ride height -30 -30 (changed to -29)
Springs 9 10
Damper 8 9
toe -.15 (.-10) +.08 (+.03)
camber 2,5 2,4

Brakes 7 5
Turning 50
ABS 1

1st 2969
2nd 1949
3rd 1485
4th 1216
5th 1027
Final 3595

Last edited:
1'01.346
1'52.129

Very difficult combo for me but also a combo which I like very much.
The car and tires make you work for every part of the track.:)

I shall try not to look to often to the Div.1 times 👍,absolute out of reach for me

Race my own race is key now.

Some new times for the board

T1: 1'00.354
T2: 1'50.483

Slowly finding the speed and method needed to get this car around the track fast

Got a tiny bit free time and raced a few laps more, using the setup posted above (thanks :)). New splits:

T1: 1'02.692
T2: 1'54.176

Slightly faster, but still quite slow. Hopefully I'll get more time this evening or later this week for some more racing, still loads of time to make up 💡

I did yesterday's time using Paulie Lion's Den-setup. Today I tried the setup provided by timeattack07gt and I liked what I felt. The car was better to drive, more steady and solid. But I had trouble following my ghost, Paulie's tune was a bit looser a more of a handfull to control, but it seemed faster.

So I decided to mix the two, using Paulie's gear settings and the rest of the settings as timeattack07gt posted them. And that combination suits my driving style very well. This thing is actually starting to handle and becoming fun to drive :) So, a big thank you to the tuners for providing their settings. 👍

Only had one problem left though. I'm still a AT driver :embarrassed:, and that results in the car slipping back into first at the tight hairpin from time to time. So I took a big step (for me anyway) and decided to go MT this week :scared: Took a bit of getting used to, but seems to be getting along.

All these factors resulted in a 1,5 sec drop in my final time :) And altough I'm still at the back of the bunch, I'm very happy with the progress I'm getting.

T1: 1'02.351
T2: 1'53.417

I did yesterday's time using Paulie Lion's Den-setup. Today I tried the setup provided by timeattack07gt and I liked what I felt. The car was better to drive, more steady and solid. But I had trouble following my ghost, Paulie's tune was a bit looser a more of a handfull to control, but it seemed faster.

So I decided to mix the two, using Paulie's gear settings and the rest of the settings as timeattack07gt posted them. And that combination suits my driving style very well. This thing is actually starting to handle and becoming fun to drive :) So, a big thank you to the tuners for providing their settings. 👍

Only had one problem left though. I'm still a AT driver :embarrassed:, and that results in the car slipping back into first at the tight hairpin from time to time. So I took a big step (for me anyway) and decided to go MT this week :scared: Took a bit of getting used to, but seems to be getting along.

All these factors resulted in a 1,5 sec drop in my final time :) And altough I'm still at the back of the bunch, I'm very happy with the progress I'm getting.

Great to hear 👍 Its not about being at the top or the bottom. This is all about improving your driving skills and it seems like you doing just that. Keep on the MT and you will see a big change in performance. Keep up the good work :cheers:

Switching to MT is a great choice. When you get the hang of it (and it seems you already have), you won't regret it. Nice lap mate :)

Last edited:
I managed to get a good run tonight and came up with the following splits:

T1: 1:00.080
T2: 1:50.250

Definitely more in it still, so I'll keep fiddling with my tune.

A nice improvement:

T1: 1.01.986
T2: 1.53.072

I'm actually enjoying this combo although it's a very hard one.

Minor improvement with a better result at the line

T1: 1'00.311
T2: 1'50.434

Nice one CT 👍 You're doing awfully well for D2 mate :sly:

I hope to have another go later today. Hopefully I can at least knock off a 49.7xx for T2 with another tenth or two improvement at the line.

I hope to have another go later today. Hopefully I can at least knock off a 49.7xx for T2 with another tenth or two improvement at the line.

49.7xx! :scared:

Thanks TA :cheers:

Living up to the alien reputation I see :lol: 49.7 is a bit to far out my reach

spent an hour on this yesterday getting very frustrated that I couldn't get within 2 seconds of my best time, then I remembered the weight bug :dunce:

Back