GTP_WRS Week 53 : Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 238 comments
Oh well, I enjoyed being top for a little while. Looking forward to seeing your lap @GTP_CargoRatt.
I reckon I can guess roughly what your time is overall, as I think my lap target is probably similar. I need about a tenth and a half.

My best of each of the 2 first sectors is a 1'00.65x. I hope I can get them together tomorrow.

You still have me by a smidge atm, but if my run to the line has anything to say about it, I should be good. I don't know how, but I was able to keep the car hooked up in the big turn coming to the line with an exit speed of 103 mph. My best before was 99 mph. I'm not sure if that is good or not, but it is good for me anyway considering my average was 97-98 mph. with my best being the 99 mph until now. I'm hitting 121-122 mph at the line. Would be interested in hearing other's exit speed out of the big turn and speeds at the line.

Picked up almost a tenth and a half. I usually mange to find time after running the race. The TT seems easy when in the race my back left was on 3 :crazy: at the end of a stint.

:dunce:

Last edited:
I am too inconsistent in the last turn to have a good idea of exit speed,but I am getting 120+ at the line, so there is hope yet.
Will work on sector 3 tonight. Really enjoying the stiff competition for this one.

I watched the clip of todays race that @Animera 👍 posted and it looks like some of the "aliens" are staying in 4th gear for the last turn.

It does bump up my speed at the S/F Line (sometimes) but I'm having problems with corner exit speed consistency.

Anyone have ideas on how to do this corner in 4th gear? (I'm lifting and dragging the brake a little about the place where I used to downshift. )

@GTP_CargoRatt about how many miles before an oil change is needed? Have you ever needed to restore the chassis?

A big thanks to all who shared, with out you guys i wouldn't have got this time.

1'01.181

1st, 5th and last corner was not the best but good enough to take half a second of my laptime. Ended up with BB 1/10

Why I got the message "You need to attach exactly one replay with your best lap"? What may be my mistake?

Why I got the message "You need to attach exactly one replay with your best lap"? What may be my mistake?

Probably one of 3 things:

1. You attached zero replays;
2. You attached 2 or more replays; or
3. You attached a stint replay rather than a best lap replay.

Probably one of 3 things:

1. You attached zero replays;
2. You attached 2 or more replays; or
3. You attached a stint replay rather than a best lap replay.

Will check out again what is the problem. I hope it will be corrected. No time to run another stint now. Thanks for the help Alex.

UPDATE: Thankfully the problem was that the replay hadn't been fully uploaded when bot conversation was created. All good now after I uploaded it again correctly.

Last edited:
I watched the clip of todays race that @Animera 👍 posted and it looks like some of the "aliens" are staying in 4th gear for the last turn.

It does bump up my speed at the S/F Line (sometimes) but I'm having problems with corner exit speed consistency.
Thank you for pointing that out, after 8 laps I got half a second, most of it in S3. 👍

Low 157. And I now get the mentioned start speed more than occasionally.

Gave this combo a last chance:
T1: 28.517
T2: 1'01.233

I have seen some T2-times about 1'01.1XX but loose to much time in turn 9...

You still have me by a smidge atm, but if my run to the line has anything to say about it, I should be good. I don't know how, but I was able to keep the car hooked up in the big turn coming to the line with an exit speed of 103 mph. My best before was 99 mph. I'm not sure if that is good or not, but it is good for me anyway considering my average was 97-98 mph. with my best being the 99 mph until now. I'm hitting 121-122 mph at the line. Would be interested in hearing other's exit speed out of the big turn and speeds at the line.

Out of Interest, where are you classing the exit to the last turn. I am having to use the white line in the pit entry to gauge, as I seem to have 48 different lines through that turn.

A quick hour tonight before I submit, and really looking forward to checking the board in the morning.

Edit: It is nice to not have to check the replay frame by frame for cleanliness. A single wheel off wrecks my lap.

Look what I found a few months ago (couldnt change my paint chip - this is the color):

upload_2015-1-26_15-59-21.jpeg

Back