GTP_WRS Week 55 : Stuck in a Blender

• Thread starter EDK
  • 97 comments
Here’s my first attempt. I’m at somewhat of a disability after yesterday as I’ve damaged my hand / wrist at work. Doctors think it’s a damaged tendon in my wrist. I’m having to use the pad as can bearly hold a steering wheel. So pad not too bad as only need my right thumb for steering. But hey ho I carry on.

Jamie 👍

Online Event 55 : Stuck in a Blender (Sprints)

Mazda RX500 '70 @ Brands Hatch Indy

car_mazda_rx500.jpg
track_brands_hatch_indy_circuit.jpg

>> Go To Event Thread Here <<

My first go, currently using BB +2...

So far I'm only using 2 shifty points, from 4th to 3rd for turn one, then 3rd to 4th coming into the front straight. There is so much lag when changing gears... is anyone else shifting more?

So far I'm only using 2 shifty points, from 4th to 3rd for turn one, then 3rd to 4th coming into the front straight. There is so much lag when changing gears... is anyone else shifting more?
To shift or not to shift that is the question? Still trying to figure that one out myself..
Mr p put a clip up which sounds like he changed to second for the second corner and he said -3 bb..
I did make a couple of tenths but can't find the sweet spot for turn one yet , got to get a few laps in when i can concentrate better .

Turn 1 drop from 4th to 3rd gear and turn 2 drop to 2nd gear but over rev the nuts out of 2nd gear for an extra burst of speed accelerating towards turn 3.. gear up to 3rd at about 75mph 👍
Yep, just realized over reving 2nd gives you a burst. Weird.
Thanks for the info.
Hope you get a long session in tonight. 7 days straight of work is tough. Good kuck

Well, this is different. Took me a few laps to keep it on the track. So far, I like it. I really like being able to step on the gas coming out of a turn and not spinning into another time zone.

Last edited:
Technical question: does dropping gears from 3 to 2 in turns 3 and 6 (final) and straight back to 3rd before srepping on gas help with turn into these turns (3 and 6)?

Asking if I do something I do not need to do. :embarrassed:

Technical question: does dropping gears from 3 to 2 in turns 3 and 6 (final) and straight back to 3rd before srepping on gas help with turn into these turns (3 and 6)?

Asking if I do something I do not need to do. :embarrassed:

Personally I keep it in 3rd gear, tryed both and find that better, can unsettle it I find and can put me off when approaching the corner, find it more consistent.

Back