GTP_WRS Week 56 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 96 comments
Just to remind anyone or to let any of the new guys know, its not too late to sign up for the online race for this combo:

Even if you didn't run the WRS TT, you can still race online as long as you're on the GTP Registry.

Wow vagabond you cut it close a few times :) just before the rumble strip after the tunnel (end of T1) the inside of the tires might have been on the concrete. Very nice lap 👍
Thanks for checking Jon 👍 Yeah it was close there... I had no idea how close while I was running the lap but after my 1 DQ at Monaco I'm very careful about checking and triple checking my replays. And call me Chris, mate :cheers:

Last edited:
Sure, Dan. With less than 12 signed up for both races, you should be fine to join the GTP_3D3Racing lounge and either Watch Race, or even try your hand at some laps in the hour leading up to the races, in Free Run mode. These actions will tell you a lot about how well suited your home networking setup is for GT5 online action. 👍

I would strongly suggest that you get a few lounge connects under your belt before the Mar 24 Enduro support races, as you indicated you are interested in those.

EDIT: Thanks for the plug, Chris, and glad you are joining in this week! :cheers:

Sure, Dan. With less than 12 signed up for both races, you should be fine to join the GTP_3D3Racing lounge and either Watch Race, or even try your hand at some laps in the hour leading up to the races, in Free Run mode. These actions will tell you a lot about how well suited your home networking setup is for GT5 online action. 👍

I would strongly suggest that you get a few lounge connects under your belt before the Mar 24 Enduro support races, as you indicated you are interested in those.

EDIT: Thanks for the plug, Chris, and glad you are joining in this week! :cheers:

Great! Thanks, Lucas. The EU time slot is about the only one I can make since I get up about 4am et each morning. :grumpy:

What about Saturdays around 5pm ET? There's often unofficial races at that time, hosted by Speedy, and a re-running of the previous Wed's races.

This week he's doing something a little different at that time though, doing a test with as many people as possible to see if lounges with more than 12 people still have issues when mics are turned on.

What about Saturdays around 5pm ET? There's often unofficial races at that time, hosted by Speedy, and a re-running of the previous Wed's races.

This week he's doing something a little different at that time though, doing a test with as many people as possible to see if lounges with more than 12 people still have issues when mics are turned on.

Might have to check that out.....[writes on calendar] :)

How close? :)
s7sLLQz8

Looks like that's a camera shot of the photomode preview screen? Can you take an actual photo in photomode, since we've seen cases where the tire placement differs between preview and actual photomode photo.

Also, you can let us know whose replay that is, and the Admin's can take a look if there's doubt.

Looks like that's a camera shot of the photomode preview screen? Can you take an actual photo in photomode, since we've seen cases where the tire placement differs between preview and actual photomode photo.

With the shadow from the car being cast over the tyre, the photomode isn't very clear, even after upping the exposure. I've been over this quite a few times and figure the tyre is on the green moss which I would view as being part of the painted kerb.

I'll try and get some photomode pics, but the reason for the photo above is that gt5 simply won't let you zoom in enough to have a proper look. Hence the red ring from the 'please move further away' error.

It's w-g-e's replay: I'll be very grateful if someone more experienced than me can have a look. It's a PAL replay.

Last edited:
I'll have a look too.👍

:crazy: I'm sorry guys, I only looked at my rear tyres.. It looks clean to me but an admin has to look at it first I think.

Last edited:
I'll try and get some photomode pics, but the reason for the photo above is that gt5 simply won't let you zoom in enough to have a proper look. Hence the red ring from the 'please move further away' error.

There is a x2 magnification option, this will double the size of the photo allowing you to crop around the wheel. This is one I took from the monza week, it is also a standard car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6731057#post6731057

I will also take a look :)

Last edited:
3---1'23.081---GTP_w-g-e
user118395pic1573412914.gif

As close as possible Wes, a surgeon could not have cut it closer :D

Same photo's just cropped from full size(no size adjustment).

Deep Forest Wes 57.934 by jtv90069, on Flickr

Deep Forest Wes 57.967 by jtv90069, on Flickr

Deep Forest Wes 58.017 by jtv90069, on Flickr

Deep Forest Wes 58.084 by jtv90069, on Flickr

Deep Forest Wes 58.134 by jtv90069, on Flickr

At 57.8xx and 58.18x about half the tyre is clearly on the rumble.
All photos taken at X2 magnification.
My apologies for posting so many pictures.

Very strange, never had them not appear before. Hopefully is all fixed here.

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers of this week.👍

6---1'24.543---GTP_Nis

I also checked Wes replay and it was pretty close.

34fi7mr.jpg

In my opinion, the grass at the edge of the rumble strip should be considered as part of the rumble strip.

Thanks Jon for the multiple photos and to Viper for also checking.
I'm the newbie around here and I'm really glad you both had a look and confirmed my thoughts. :cheers:
Looks like I've got to get more practice in photomode too, and thanks for the heads up on the zoom option.

Thank you guys for checking.👍
I'm sorry you had to do this, I really didn't know it was that close.:nervous:

sorry i am a little late, here is my replay ;)

Attachments

• replay week 56.zip
    251.6 KB · Views: 6
I'll have another look at Wes' replay this evening and, if necessairy, discuss with other admins.

My replay. Fantastic combo, I may have been slow but still loved.
Thanks guys

Attachments

• GTP_WRS_wk_56_dougalf1.zip
    251.8 KB · Views: 5
I only noticed it because I was checking the results on the leaderboard.

The other two replays I can't check due to them being PAL.

33---1'26.923---GTP_cote_dazur

Nice Clean run!! 👍

Last edited:
Here's my replay. Sorry for the late post, I was 2000 miles away from my PS3 all week.

Attachments

• GTP_sjstuart_week56.zip
    252.6 KB · Views: 6
Here is my NTSC replay. Sorry for the delay... away from ps3 for a few too many days.

Attachments

• GTP_kavu2003_wrsWeek56.zip
    262.7 KB · Views: 9
Back