GTP_WRS Week 57 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 66 comments
There are special moments that people never forget, like winning a trophy, and then there is winning a first place trophy. I think that this one will be on a first for me as well because it's the first time I have ever won first as well as got beatin by a girl eventhough I always dreamd it would be Danica (great job Kelly) Here are my replayzz 👍

Attachments

• GTP_LeftyWright_WRS-WK57 NTSC USA.zip
    446.4 KB · Views: 11
Congrats all winners and podium finishers. 👍

I maxed out early at the oval.
The road course was almost the same , doing a clean and fast lap was a bit more difficult.

My laps were 1'31.999 and 54.169

here are my replays: [001] and [002] (PAL)

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 GT5 WRS 57.zip
    443.3 KB · Views: 8
1---2'27.154---GTP_LeftyWright
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Nice clean lap, LeftyWright69. Congratulations for get the 1st place in your division! 👍

8---2'28.158---GTP_PaulMac
rflagnv1.gif

Basic rule of every WRS event: At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

Specific rules of this week:

Superspeedway:
  • The white line on the inside of the oval is the inner track boundary. Failure to keep at least two tires on or outside this inner white line, will result in a DQ.
Road Course:
  • Rumble strips and tarmac are track surface.
Superspeedway Turn 2
10dwrj5.jpg

Superspeedway Turn 4
16nel3.jpg

Road Course, exit of first chicane
35a24ht.jpg

And now the pleasant part of my post:

2---2'25.763---GTP_Mr_P

6---2'26.745---GTP_Kelly

There are special moments that people never forget, like winning a trophy, and then there is winning a first place trophy. I think that this one will be on a first for me as well because it's the first time I have ever won first as well as got beatin by a girl eventhough I always dreamd it would be Danica (great job Kelly) Here are my replayzz 👍

Don't worry Lefty, you're not the first bloke I've beaten at GT and you certainly won't be the last :mischievous:
Gonna train up my 2yr old granddaughter, she'll soon be kicking arse 👍

Well done on your 1st place 👍

Thanks for verifying my laps Viper :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to all (so few:nervous:), division and podium winners :cheers:

Special mentions to:

Mark - you´re a real "alien", that road course time is simply :bowdown:
Ron - great time also and thank you for the "level up" words :dopey:, mean a lot coming from someone that´s been around since the start of WRS:tup:
Rack - i know that was the fact that you hated the oval for me to get the 3th place (by a .xx1 :eek:).
Jack - for pushing me and winning the oval, and for taking a coffe in between :sly:
tramsanguy - if your splits are correct, you were faster than me on the road course, so great job, i see you will improve real fast if you stick with WRS 👍
Baron, mate you only need to get your last sector as fast as the rest and you will be there 👍
And Lefty for is first 1st place on D3, guess we have to say to Little more times to get on your nerves :sly:

Thanks Chris 👍

Really liked this week, even if the car 5th gear is capable of giving nightmares :crazy:.
Hope that we have more this doble tracks combo 👍 as is a great way to avoid some tiredness at the end of the week.
Thanks to all the people behind WRS, and don´t really understand so many people joining but so few people participating :boggled:

My replay

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 57 Replay PAL.zip
    442.8 KB · Views: 9
Nice clean lap, LeftyWright69. Congratulations for get the 1st place in your division! 👍

Thankz for the 👍 review :) Glad to see you pased the test as well

Gonna train up my 2yr old granddaughter, she'll soon be kicking arse 👍

Well done on your 1st place 👍

Lookz like shez goin ta have a great coach 👍 What fun your going to have training Danicas replacement :lol:

Congrats to all winners and podium finishers.

Here's my replays.

Attachments

• GTP_orsche WRS Week 57 NTSC.zip
    448.2 KB · Views: 10
Wow thanks for all the compliments guys!!
It really means alot :)
There's some stiff competition here!

I made a video of my almost perfect oval lap with a DS3.

1---2'26.032---GTP_UsualSuspect

4---2'26.168---GTP_MadMax86

Here are my replays.

A really fun week. The car drove alot better than I expected it to.

@ Joao, thanks for the encouragement. I've always struggled with improving my times when I don't have a clear goal ahead of me. When I ran the US GT Academy I could never run a fast lap unless I had a faster ghost to chase. I need to figure that out somehow.

Great job to all.

Attachments

• Week 57 NTSC.zip
    444.2 KB · Views: 10
When I ran the US GT Academy I could never run a fast lap unless I had a faster ghost to chase. I need to figure that out somehow.

You could always build a fast ghost by adding stickier tires or more HP or even a different car and all the above. GL 👍

Viper, do you use the analog sticks? Either way, do you ever find it useful to use the cockpit view to monitor DS3 steering correction? (I did that for a while for some cars - like the Civic RM at Deep Forest, though I wasn't in the registry yet at the time). The cockpit view for standards is a boon for replays in that regard for both controller types, even if it's a bit dark around the wheel... good to see the vid, anyway 👍

Checked GTP_Ealirendur replays 54.533/1'32.376 correct tyres and both laps clean 👍

Thanks for the check, Kelly, even if it's for naught.

I think that broken DFGT (and your granddaughter, by extension) are infected with alien DNA :sly: Nice run :cheers:

Here are my replays . This was a tough one , didnt like the transcammer at all :yuck: Kept on wondering why it shifted from 4th into 6th .
Sorry about your time being messed up ealirendur , if i had known that before i wouldnt have been trying to beat your time till 3.30 am :)

Attachments

• week 57-a.zip
    174.2 KB · Views: 10
  • week 57-b.zip
    272 KB · Views: 10
2---2'27.518---GTP_Tuesdaymops

Both clean and correct; 54.421 (very nice!) and 1'33.097.

Here are my replays . This was a tough one , didnt like the transcammer at all :yuck: Kept on wondering why it shifted from 4th into 6th .
Sorry about your time being messed up ealirendur , if i had known that before i wouldnt have been trying to beat your time till 3.30 am :)

Some cars are so "bad" they're good* - this one was bad to the bone! :drool: I started enjoying myself when I switched to roof-cam and turned the sound up.

If I'd known, I wouldn't have chased my lap 'til 1am after slaving at the oval for another .05 and messed it up anyway. Hey, wait....

* Yellowbird, Alpine A110S, MP4-12C (modded beyond reason) spring to mind. Just pray we don't get the V8 Vantage....

Last edited:
3---2'26.435---GTPcats_pajamas

5---2'25.139---GTP_transamguy

Nice runs guys.

No problem, you wanna take a look at my ultra slow run? Didn't get to put in much time on this one.

I can try to look at it tonight if no one else gets to it by then.

@ Viper nice lap I always wanted to get to see you drive in the driving view not from outside the car. 👍

Did you read my mind?:)

Viper, do you use the analog sticks? Either way, do you ever find it useful to use the cockpit view to monitor DS3 steering correction? (I did that for a while for some cars - like the Civic RM at Deep Forest, though I wasn't in the registry yet at the time). The cockpit view for standards is a boon for replays in that regard for both controller types, even if it's a bit dark around the wheel... good to see the vid, anyway 👍

Yes, I use the analog sticks. I think it can be useful to monitor the DS3 steering correction, but I usually use the bumper cam. Sometimes I try driving in cockpit view, but I'm always slower because of the limited field of view. A bar that shows the steering angle in the HUD would be great.

@ Viper nice lap I always wanted to get to see you drive in the driving view not from outside the car. 👍

Did you read my mind?:)

It seems i did.;)
I just thought some people might be interested in watching my oval lap.

Back