GTP_WRS Week 58 : Richard Hammond Would Love This

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 126 comments

for the start

edit:
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit '80s.jpg
color scheme I'd like to use for all events, if applicable. Isotope Green body, PD Chrome 006 rims

Last edited:

after 2nd session.scared to cut the corners w/o TC :scared::lol:

EDK
Nice combo, thanks for the tire stagger. Cannot imagine how this car would drive without it. Some of the modeling for rear engine cars is overdone, I know from experience. A First Gen MR2 is as planted as they come, unless you are PD.
It's the suspension settings. Take the 1999 MR2/MR-S "twins". The MR2, with good stock suspension settings, is a dream to drive. The MR-S is pure evil with the stock suspension, a lot like this car really.

Still driving it like an Orangatan, but at least I'm not dead last anymore...

Missed the deadline for last week running this... too much fun. 👍

Probably another tenth to T2.... a bit too much sideways action through the last sector but progress is good so far I think.

It's the suspension settings. Take the 1999 MR2/MR-S "twins". The MR2, with good stock suspension settings, is a dream to drive. The MR-S is pure evil with the stock suspension, a lot like this car really.
Suspension settings can help, as can adjusting tire stagger. But I think the main issue is the modeling of the weight distribution, and the impact on handling. I think that's the part that''s overdone. To the extent that if you reduce the weight of the car, and then add it all back in ballast, then finally adjust the weight distro to something closer to 50/50, the problem magically disappears.

.14 cut on line. End of day, possibly this lap for submission as i can say i have no clue where to cut the time.

After doing so many laps sideways (especially the first corner), I finally have a lap I'm not completely ashamed of.

4 ms improvement.
So a similar 3rd sector. 1st sector has potential enough that I could have some margin the rest of the lap.
bb 7/7

Last edited:
Fun combo this one, and at my local(ish) track...love Brands Hatch 👍

Can see where I'm loosing time (and traction) coming out of druids hairpin and down into the old Graham Hill left sweeper, so with a bit more plugging away at this I'll hopefully get that missing tenth or two.

BB at 4/3

Back