GTP_WRS Week 59 : Let the Arrow Fly

• Thread starter Argon
  • 86 comments
Final update for the day. I’m having to put this away as I’m about to explode and throw the G29 and PS4 straight through the window. :D Can’t beleive how mad this one is making me. I’m consistently hitting 21.1 every lap but for some unbeknownst reason I’m going backwards in the other 2 sectors. :banghead:

Jamie 👍

Final update for the day. I’m having to put this away as I’m about to explode and throw the G29 and PS4 straight through the window. :D Can’t beleive how mad this one is making me. I’m consistently hitting 21.1 every lap but for some unbeknownst reason I’m going backwards in the other 2 sectors. :banghead:

Jamie 👍
Have you tried TC? Helped me a lot...

Ok.. so I bit the bullet tonight backed up and saved my GTS stuff online and formatted my PS4 and then reinstalled GTS from the beginning to try and access the circuit experience again without crashing on every event.. The Good news is that it worked and I can do all the circuit experience events again.. YEAH!!! The Bad news for me is I lost all my replays like an idiot :dunce: from release day until tonight including this one 👎 Will have to restart this again tomorrow from scratch ;) will be worth it to be able to make some credits again and get some game progress done :cool:

I'll be back 👍

Ok.. so I bit the bullet tonight backed up and saved my GTS stuff online and formatted my PS4 and then reinstalled GTS from the beginning to try and access the circuit experience again without crashing on every event.. The Good news is that it worked and I can do all the circuit experience events again.. YEAH!!! The Bad news for me is I lost all my replays like an idiot :dunce: from release day until tonight including this one 👎 Will have to restart this again tomorrow from scratch ;) will be worth it to be able to make some credits again and get some game progress done :cool:

I'll be back 👍
I had to take my console apart and use compressed air. Then did a restore. My garage and game progress was saved on psn but all the replays were gone. I feel your pain. Terrible feeling.

Might give this one more go because the first sector is still driving me nuts.
How are people managing to hit 31’s in sector 2. I have managed it only once. It’s driving me nuts as to where I could improve. :banghead:
Here’s how I’ve been doing it:

For the first corner, the double apex, I’m braking just after the entry curb begins on the left, halfway between the 50 and 100 boards. Use 3rd gear. Trail brake to the first apex and get the inside wheels on the curb. Get on the throttle gently, and let the car drift just wide of the second apex. Wind the car all the way out on the exit while slowly building up the throttle. Try to minimize sliding as much as possible throughout the corner.

Swing across to the other side of the track to get a good entry for the hairpin. Use 3rd again. Take a slightly wide entry and lightly trail brake all the way to the apex. Wind it all the way out and slowly build up the throttle on the exit. Again, try to minimize sliding.

For the left-hander after the straight, brake halfway between the 50 and 100 boards, or slightly earlier, and coast into the apex in 4th gear. Try and cut the corner as much as possible, keeping the lap legal of course. Use all of the track on the exit, but don’t go on the grass because it’s killer. It’s especially important to not slide on this corner, because you can lose so much time.

For the double right at the end of the sector, drift wide of the first curb to set yourself up for the second right. Go flat through the first right and then lift in between, then get back on the throttle as you approach the second right. Cut the second right as much as possible and try not to slide, and get it out all the way to the wall on the exit.

The big things to remember are be smooth and don’t slide, use all of the track, and get good exits. Hope that helps. 👍

Might give this one more go because the first sector is still driving me nuts.

Here’s how I’ve been doing it:

For the first corner, the double apex, I’m braking just after the entry curb begins on the left, halfway between the 50 and 100 boards. Use 3rd gear. Trail brake to the first apex and get the inside wheels on the curb. Get on the throttle gently, and let the car drift just wide of the second apex. Wind the car all the way out on the exit while slowly building up the throttle. Try to minimize sliding as much as possible throughout the corner.

Swing across to the other side of the track to get a good entry for the hairpin. Use 3rd again. Take a slightly wide entry and lightly trail brake all the way to the apex. Wind it all the way out and slowly build up the throttle on the exit. Again, try to minimize sliding.

For the left-hander after the straight, brake halfway between the 50 and 100 boards, or slightly earlier, and coast into the apex in 4th gear. Try and cut the corner as much as possible, keeping the lap legal of course. Use all of the track on the exit, but don’t go on the grass because it’s killer. It’s especially important to not slide on this corner, because you can lose so much time.

For the double right at the end of the sector, drift wide of the first curb to set yourself up for the second right. Go flat through the first right and then lift in between, then get back on the throttle as you approach the second right. Cut the second right as much as possible and try not to slide, and get it out all the way to the wall on the exit.

The big things to remember are be smooth and don’t slide, use all of the track, and get good exits. Hope that helps. 👍
Great guide Saur much appreciated 👍

Using as much of the track as possible with careful use of track limits. Gained a good (.300).

Still not sure of the best approach to the last corner. I’ve been using a late apex/really wide exit onto the main straight.

BB +1 now with as smooth a release as possible on the brakes. Really like this car, good feel to it, especially under braking.

Still not sure of the best approach to the last corner. I’ve been using a late apex/really wide exit onto the main straight.
That’s the right idea, and you can actually carry a good amount of speed into the apex if the car gets settled quickly coming off the banking. Be careful coming back onto the banking near the barrier, the change in angle can really unsettle the car and cost you some speed.

Back