GTP_WRS Week 7: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 50 comments
Great times guys! I had to stop mid way through the week, for some reason this combo would just kill my shoulders to the point I had some sharp pains. Never experienced that before, but with all the super tight back to back turns I'm not too surprised. Never was a fan of Monaco but don't get me wrong, the car was fun here! 👍

Jerome

Oh dear, that was one of my best T3s as well.

Well done to all the division podiums, watching Mike's lap I am starting to see where I was going wrong and hopefully will be able to improve for next time. A great combo and I had plenty of fun, with one of my runs even lasting 78 laps (Had a new personal best on lap 30 so carried on and once I hit 50 decided I might as well go for the length of the GP, was a shame I didn't improve in them next 48 laps).

... I had to stop mid way through the week, for some reason this combo would just kill my shoulders to the point I had some sharp pains. Never experienced that before, but with all the super tight back to back turns I'm not too surprised. ...

Interesting. I am recovering from 2 frozen shoulders (I looked quite bad when they were at their worst!) and I agree that some combos are tougher than others on the shoulders, but I didn't have any trouble with this one.

What FFB setting are you using in GT6? I know my friend's CSR-E is "heavier" than either my old G27 or the T500, but not drastically. Also, does the new firmware feel heavier? I have heard really good things about it's improved rear-end-feel.

I'm about where I expected. Congrats to @Twissy ...insanely quick time there my friend. Congrats to all podium finishers, anyone who achieved their goal and everyone for taking part. And thank you to the event admins....great combo even if it did cause huge amounts of frustration and a rather large volume of 🤬 words :lol:

@AspecBob : I think the handicap system is doing quite well....the leaderboard for the RUF appears to bear that out as, apart from a couple of D2 guys, all the Divisions are ranked as they should be.

I will be doing my usual replay checking this afternoon and will try and check all unverified replays then

@Vaxen or another admin: Is there a reason why the leaderboard is no longer showing which replays need verifying etc? It doesn't bother me too much but it was so much easier to work out which ones to check when it was working

Thanks for checking @nursemorph I realised this morning that I forgot to check the chicane properly but turns out it was OK! 👍 Il check your when I get home if no-one else has by then!

Hehe. Thanks. :D

Yeah it was close! I knew really well how to attack the corner perfectly and I just started coming closer and closer to the wall. Oh and great job on your promotion! 👍

Thanks, the promotion was quite a surprise as I didn't think I'd been doing that well...then again, I've had a -ve handicap every week so far, so not such a surprise. Am sure I will get a +ve for the RUF.. I just can't see how you did it...as I watched the replay I was like "oh dear, he's going to hit the wall.....WTF? How did he avoid that? Do I need to go to Specsavers?" :lol:

Not my best result this week. I just watched Mike's replay and looks like I was a little too cautious and that has cost me some time.
But despite that, I definitely had fun this week. Congrats to all the podium finishers

7---1'37.498---nursemorph
user118395pic1573412914.gif

That's the last one checked now I need to go and get enough money to buy that Porshe (I mean RUF) as i stupidly deleted all my GT6 game data the other day!

Very happy with my last attempt on this one, didn't think it would hold up that well! :) Congrats all podiumers!

The lap for your viewing pleasure 👍

My goodness, that was impressive. I reckon that I would need race softs and another 20 HP. Going to skip the Ruf and follow your ghost. 👍

Mike_Peperni:

Thx for checking nursemorph! 👍

That's a stunning lap, question is it faster to shift before the circle icon blinks red?
Thx! to me it felt like it was faster shifting slightly earlier but it might about the same, hard to say :)

@mike_gt3 How do you make that thing look like it's on RS when it's on SS ?!? :lol: You aliens make this game look SOOOOOOOOO different from my experience of it :bowdown:

Thx Pilmat! From what i seen most of time the cars are overdriven slightly. you can be smooth but you need to do everything just once, like Chris @Vagabond said a while ago, brake once, turn once, accelerate once, and then do it with the right line and momentum wich is not always easy :lol:

Most of time trying to keep the car close to apexes using the shortest way around the track (mostly) and not push too much trying to get out of corners, you can see where we lift the throttle and just wait for the car to be in line for the exit, its faster letting it off throttle like that than trying to push, and the exit speed will be much higher as well.

Nice lap James @Twissy ! :)

On the Results section of the leaderboard (http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/results/7/), the [?] icons on the right will allow you to download each replay.

Something's wrong with this week though, as it's not showing whose needs checks and whose have been checked.

It was the same problem with it last week too...not sure why it's happening :confused:. It's not a major issue though as it is easy enough to check the thread to see which replays have been checked.

@mike_gt3 : No problem. I really enjoyed watching your lap. I have one question though: Did you fit some sort of barrier repellant to your car? :lol:. I could not believe you got so close to the barriers without touching them.....I had to view your line just before the chicane multiple times to make sure you weren't touching the barriers as it was so close, mere millimetres. Excellent driving there my friend and it taught me a lot about driving round Monaco 👍

Yes. :( For this Guy it's a podium place...

Edit: Thank you :) I still stink at driving while you don't :cheers:

Division 4 Checked:

1---1'38.416---stevetuffers

2---1'39.076---GForce1015
rflagnv1.gif

3---1'39.152---mcmullan64

5---1'39.514---atongo619

I am sorry, GForce @wingman1659, truly, I am. :(

Quite alright you're just doing what's right. It's my fault for not paying attention to the regs on clearly the sketchiest part of that track. Disappointed in myself is all I can be really.

@mike_gt3 : No problem. I really enjoyed watching your lap. I have one question though: Did you fit some sort of barrier repellant to your car? :lol:. I could not believe you got so close to the barriers without touching them.....I had to view your line just before the chicane multiple times to make sure you weren't touching the barriers as it was so close, mere millimetres. Excellent driving there my friend and it taught me a lot about driving round Monaco 👍

Sorry for the longer viewing needed, i watched it carefully after submitting and it was pretty close but clean, it seem faster keeping the car as much on right as possible before merging/turning for the left apex. :)

I forgot to thx the admins for another nice combo! :cheers:

@Gravitron : Could you or anyone else please check why my replay is still showing as needing to be verified? I'm sure it's not an issue but I do get concerned when I see it in case my handicap doesn't get updated. Couttsy checked it for me on Tuesday (Post #40). Thanks

Interesting. I am recovering from 2 frozen shoulders (I looked quite bad when they were at their worst!) and I agree that some combos are tougher than others on the shoulders, but I didn't have any trouble with this one.

What FFB setting are you using in GT6? I know my friend's CSR-E is "heavier" than either my old G27 or the T500, but not drastically. Also, does the new firmware feel heavier? I have heard really good things about it's improved rear-end-feel.

I usually wuss out and have FFB 20 with my newly modded wheel, which for normal CSR-E and CSW wheels is about 40-50 FFB strength. But it's not the FFB that kills, its the tight turns back and forth and trying to hold the car.

Jerome

Back