GTP_WRS Week 76 : In the Beginning, There Was Interlagos

• Thread starter EDK
  • 53 comments
Crazy combo this that made a first for me in GT.. 3 attempts so far whilst doing daily mileage on tuesday 7th sunday 12th and a short session now on the 13th and all 3 laps differ by about .2 at T2 but the strange thing is... all 3 laps saved on separate days have the exact same laptime?? seriously strange when the only times on your leaderboard are all 3 identical haha .. will just submit what I run on day 1 and show a screenshot of my leaderboard after the results :D:tup:

I know I'm about .3 off my best theoretical lap but multiple episodes of deja vu has told me I'm flogging a dead horse and telling me that I already have my final time.. so be it :lol: Submitting now 👍

GL to all in the results :cheers:

I submitted with my splits on board yesterday. While I am not competing for a podium, or anything like that, I am happy with my lap and glad to have become more consistent on this very difficult circuit.

I feel like learning the layout of a track is one thing, but that every track has a few tricks that can only be learned by running laps. For me, no amount of video will make that light bulb go off, I just have to grind.

Since the launch of GT Sport, I've been able to submit laps at Bathurst and Big Willow, tracks I never mastered and historically avoided. I can now claim competence at those, and hope I can say the same about this one.

The tricks I learned this week.

- Turn 1 us more of a throw away corner than you might think. Everything you do should be to set up optimum entry line and the earliest and smoothest throttle application possible for the exit of turn 2/Senna S.

- Brake early and accurately for turn 4. Get to the Apex, focus on exit speed and line, don't run wide on exit, even left wheels on rumble upsets the car and seems slower.

- You can carry a ton of momentum into 6 and 7, gradually reduce speed and gear down. And you can be flat out again leading to turn 8 braking zone.

- Turns 8 through 12 are heavily codependent, everything you do should be about setting yourself up for the next turn. Like the esses at Suzuka, there will be some compromise, and one mistake destroys the whole sector and lap. If you do the above correctly, turn 12 can be taken flat.

- Turn 13 is a lot like turn 4. The exit curb is a little more forgiving, but brake down and get to that Apex, focusing on exit speed and throttle application without wheel spin or a slide.

I'm sure all the fast guys knew this stuff, but if I was giving someone an in person walk through for a real life track, those are the call outs I would make.

I also need to clean my g29 pedals because I saw my brake lights flicker a couple of times.

I think I may need to do the same, I tried a few laps of this combo and my accelerator kept dipping when I was at full throttle, really annoying as my times weren’t terrible, just mediocre.

I think I may need to do the same, I tried a few laps of this combo and my accelerator kept dipping when I was at full throttle, really annoying as my times weren’t terrible, just mediocre.

Yep I've had that before. I was a bit lazy and switched the potmeters from the clutch to the accelerator because I dont use it, but now I dont have any potmeters to switch :lol:

Turn 1 as usual is my weak spot so that's where a lot of my troubles are no matter what I drive. Everywhere else, car is amazing. I might need to play with brake balance as I feel like I could squeeze abit more out from the exit of corners.

Edit: Please delete that, I made a typo. Here's the correct ones:

Last edited:

Minimal gain (mostly from Turn 1 again), but what a difference it made on actually getting a good exit. The rest of the lap was just wonderful, riding on the RPM mostly to gadge throttle response (though I admit the final turn was slightly a handful). Submitting, good luck all

Back