GTP_WRS Week 78 : License Test Coffee Break - Prologue Style

• Thread starter EDK
  • 83 comments
I know I'm on N1/N1 - this one takes SO much patience. The car seems to require very small steering inputs and those need to be made quite early. I'm also hearing what zed300 said - the car is very small so watch your replay and notice exactly how much space you have to use - I think last night I didn't use nearly as much of the track as I could.

I can see why Kev did N1/N1 - if you want to watch something funny grab Sinibomb's top replay on S2's - the whole thing can be done in 4th gear - adding the N1's is pretty much the same but getting the lines right in all the sectors on the same lap takes a ton of patience. This is actually an excellent combo to learn your lines at Suzuka.

I've not yet cracked the first long right-hander and looking at everyone else's splits it's where I'm losing time.

T3 is also very tricky. I'm finding it difficult to know when to brake for the last corner. This week definitely won't be over until Tuesday.

Is it me or is everyone getting really good at this WRS? LOL! N1/N1 right? Just making sure, don't know why but I'm way off pace.

My test splits were about the same as you have on the board. When I ran a proper session last night, I just started to learn where I could push the limit. Like any other combo, the key is maximum time at Wide Open Throttle. Play with staying flat out longer/getting on the gas sooner in certain sections to see what you can get away with. Low HP combos like this one are all about gaining and sustaining momentum.

Tricky bastard this one. :P

small improvement:

For some reason, my name doesnt show up on of my replays. I know it use to display the name at the beginning of the lap. Now it just displays --- instead of a name.

Did I screw up some setting, or is this how it works now? I havent saved and watched any replays for quite some time, but I wanted to give one of these WRS events a try.

For some reason, my name doesnt show up on of my replays. I know it use to display the name at the beginning of the lap. Now it just displays --- instead of a name.

Did I screw up some setting, or is this how it works now? I havent saved and watched any replays for quite some time, but I wanted to give one of these WRS events a try.

That's coz you sign-out the PSN before you start the game, happens to me all the time

:cheers:

Just to clarify: WRS arcade time trials should be always done offline so as not to affect the online scoreboard which would make times available for us all to see (thanks to our fantastic world beating drivers 👍).
In this weeks' case it isn't really an issue as we're on N1 tyres so our laptimes won't get into the top 100, but it's a good rule of thumb to follow unless otherwise instructed...

...which is a long way of saying that you're doing it right. Offline, your replay will have the --- tag.

Good luck!

Well all i've got to say is :bowdown: GTP_DHolland sub 47

After my second hour long session I've just reached some split times I'm willing to share. I either concentrate too much on my line and loose my speed in the corners or concentrate too much on my speed during corners and loose my line :banghead:

T1: 26.624
T2: 47.653

Improvements tonight:

T1 0'26.372
T2 0'47.206

Very happy with the final sector as well but will give it a few more tries this week. 👍

EDK, if you consider this post off-topic, please feel free to remove it.

As someone who doesn't own a PS3, GT5P, or a wheel, I'm always on the lookout for WRS combos that can be replicated in GT4, and this one fits the bill; the car is the same model, its horsepower and weight are the same, and the course has undergone only the most minor of changes. I thought that it might be interesting to post a lap done with the same settings in that game and see what differences exist. Of course, I have no way of comparing the times at this point, since GT4's Suzuka East has no split times, and the online leaderboards are useless for times not set on S2 tires. So although it might go against the lap time discussion rules to indicate how this 1'09.573 compares to the times that you all are setting, I'll definitely be interested to see the results on Monday evening.

This was driven with N1 tires and stock settings, using a DS2, and if you were wondering, I did (barely) stay on the track in the last corner. Although it looks a little bit sloppy and there might be the potential for sizable gains with the smoothness of the wheel, I don't think that there's much more than 0.25 to be taken off this time. I slowed too much in Reverse Bank and in the following uphill left, and the last corner is ludicrously difficult to get right, which I did not really do on this lap. Ideally, it can be taken in a low-angle slide at a significantly higher speed than I achieved here. However, the rest was about the best that I can do. One thing that I can say for sure is that even though the GT4 car loves to slide, it's certainly easier to drive, judging by the comments in this thread.

I hope that you all find the comparison interesting, and that I'm not being too intrusive or off-topic. 👍

Last edited:
T1: 0'26.362
T2: 0'47.200

T1: 0'26.341
T2: 0'47.165

Phillip.

Last edited:
Another small improvement tonight.

26.259 26.271
47.105 47.080

Last edited:
Pheew, it's been a while since I last competed... Let's see if I can still cut it :)

new splits and another 2 tenths snatched at the line.

I think the difference with me this week is that the car's so slow I can actually use the G27 gearshifter effectively and turn traction control off.
...Can we use this car every week? :lol:

Still gonna be at the bottom, but I am excited as I am seeing personal gains in my own driving!

T1: 26.919
T2: 48.322

Here we go ran another 30 laps and cleaned up my driving style a little.

T1: 26.684
T2: 47.838

Skipped lunch & did some laps.

Righty ho.
My first session this week due to being at school.

Anyway after a productive session my splits were.
t1:25.065
t2: 44.387

However then I realised I was using s2 tyres (facepalm)

Righty ho.
My first session this week due to being at school.

Anyway after a productive session my splits were.
t1:25.065
t2: 44.387

However then I realised I was using s2 tyres (facepalm)

Just post new splits on the right tyres and the LB will update.

Phillip.

New splits with the right tyres.
Can probably go abit faster if I master a the last turn.
t1: 27.252
t2: 48.757

Back to the bottom as normal then :(

improved again.

Lost a tiny bit on the last corner but very happy overall :)

slightly slower splits but fixed the last corner and gained a tenth at the line.

Last edited:
Due to a serious arm injury I will be submitting with splits on the board.

Good Luck everyone 👍

Due to a serious arm injury I will be submitting with splits on the board.

Good Luck everyone 👍

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can race again with us soon!

Back