GTP_WRS Week 79 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 47 comments
It could be nice to know what software (OS and Zipper) both the zippers and unzippers has been used.

I used Winzip to zip my files and to unzip I tried Winzip 14 (Trial Version that I redownload every 40 days :D) and Winrar 3.90 IIRC.
I'm running on Windows 7 too.

Last edited:
Congrat's to all division winners and podiums
Cheers to all :cheers:
Keen as to check out replays aswell,but also can't get them to work :confused:

My replay

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 10
I checked following replays:
post #1
2---1'40.324---GTP_RudiRaser
gflagjn4.gif

6---1'41.235---GTP_DukeOfPendle
gflagjn4.gif

7---1'41.356---GTP_noshog
gflagjn4.gif

MadMax

Roomboters is R3/R3, clean, and
gflagjn4.gif

RB26DETT is R3/R3, clean, and
gflagjn4.gif

Have an odd issue with GTP_accessraider's replay - it is clean but the total time is 1'43.193 not 1'42.931 - doesn't seem like it would effect the podiums at all but wanted to bring that up so Vaxen can check the submitted time against what was entered and then submitted here.

As for the unzip issues, I was using WinRAR exclusively and it would only unzip about 7 of the 10 replays here - 7-Zip extracted the others. If you only install one I would go with 7-Zip but if you can get your hands on both you should be able to extract just about any replay loaded here.

gflagjn4.gif

gflagjn4.gif

Have an odd issue with GTP_accessraider's replay - it is clean but the total time is 1'43.193 not 1'42.931 - doesn't seem like it would effect the podiums at all but wanted to bring that up so Vaxen can check the submitted time against what was entered and then submitted here.

As for the unzip issues, I was using WinRAR exclusively and it would only unzip about 7 of the 10 replays here - 7-Zip extracted the others. If you only install one I would go with 7-Zip but if you can get your hands on both you should be able to extract just about any replay loaded here.

Good point! That appears to be my fastest lap 1'43.193. My apologies. I had my brother tell me the times so I could submit from my phone since I wasn't home. Either he relayed wrong time or my typing skills on my Iphone suck. Or both :dopey:

Thanks for watching my lap LinPark 👍

gflagjn4.gif

gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking.👍

I used winrar to zip it but i've had trouble viewing other replays that have been posted. I thought it was my computing skills (very limited :dunce:) but it seems that may not be the case.

I'll try some more later to see how i go.

gflagjn4.gif

gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking my replay.

About viewing the replay's. Since i'm a computer dummie, i asked my colleague and he helped me to get 7-zip. Hope it will work out fine now. Let you guys know when i'm abble to try it out.

Unfotunately I don't believe it's that simple. If you look at my post I have tried with several combinations of zippers and OS'es. Also 7-zip and winRar. And it's very hard to see any pattern. At least so far. :confused:

After I discovered that the files seems to be double zipped (can anyone confirm the methode I desribed in my previuos post also works for them btw) I'm starting strongly to believe it's a forum software bug.

And like Roombot also I have never experienced with unzipping files before, except for the odd bad download. Seems very very strange indeed.

But a mail with a zipped problem file, could easily either confirm or invalidate that theory. :dopey:

I guess we have solved at least a part of the problem. :dopey:

Phillip was so kind to email me his zip file from week 78, that I couldn't unzip, when downloaded for the forum. The one that arrived by mail unzipped with out any problems.

I think it is save to conclude, that the vBulletin software way to handle these uploaded zip-files is the root to the problem. In other words a plain software bug. :dopey:

It still remains unsolved if it happens every time with all zipped files, and some PC/OS/Zippers just can handle the messed up data. Or if only happens to some PC/OS/Zipper combinations, and that the odd PC/OS/Zipper still can handle it. :confused:

Thanks a lot to Phillip for helping out. 👍

Hi Guys, sorry i'm late with my replay, and that i've been unable to check replays and wotnot but i've been inundated with work recently (not complaining about that though :))

Here's my replay.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    126.4 KB · Views: 8
I checked the last replay:
post #1
17--1'42.846---GTP_tc76
gflagjn4.gif
- Nice driving , looked like alot easyer than it was. 👍

This thread is ready to be made official too.

MadMax

Back