GTP_WRS Week 79: Right Across the Border (RE-READ OP, changed tire spec)

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 115 comments
This changes things a lot! For me at least. :lol:

i'm sure it will :lol:. Almost impossible to go all out without dropping a couple wheels off the inside/outside at some point. Unless it's a track like Tokyo where you can't touch anything.

Before I submit. Would this be judged as on or off in your opinion? Fighting for every tenth here. The struggle is real!

The rear left is still perched on the asphalt and never drops into the dirt.

EDIT: Please ignore this post. I managed to beat the time. Just leaving it up for reference.

View attachment 824684 View attachment 824685
That's the kind of lap we rather not see submitted. Might be clean but it takes a lot of time to make sure of that. On first inspection looks like only the sidewall on the tire is over the track but not actual contact is made.

Before I submit. Would this be judged as on or off in your opinion? Fighting for every tenth here. The struggle is real!

EDIT: Please ignore this post. I managed to beat the time. Just leaving it up for reference.

I’d personally call that on, but I’m curious to see the ruling. It looks like the tire is on enough to keep the rest of it from dropping down and touching the dirt/grass to me. :)

@roamer2629 @Pigems Yes, it would have been a tight one to call. Luckily, it's no longer necessary.

Nice splits @Pigems , that was pretty much my pace before the update. Couldn't get that back in the few laps I did last night, but I'll try again when I have a minute.

:cheers:

I canceled my time, I’m an idiot and had the wrong tires in the back. I knew something was up when I gained that much. Doing it again properly now, man I suck at this. :lol:

Last edited:
I canceled my time, I’m an idiot and had the wrong tires in the back. I knew something was up when I gained that much. Doing it again properly now, man I suck at this. :lol:

Aww. You gave me hope that I could do that time again :lol:. No worries then, at least you caught it before replay verification, as that would have sucked indeed.

@MikeyLCR nice. I'm getting ready to host some friends as well. Hoping for a good game. Have one on me.

Aww. You gave me hope that I could do that time again :lol:. No worries then, at least you caught it before replay verification, as that would have sucked indeed.

@MikeyLCR nice. I'm getting ready to host some friends as well. Hoping for a good game. Have one on me.

My bad, I’m not used to having all options open when selecting tires lol. I wish I had realized sooner, I didn’t think anything of it at first because I had gained so much on my race C time yesterday after the update, I just thought the R8 was reacting similarly to the physics changes.

So, after an hour of trying with the new PD update and WRS mandated tire change, I am 1.2 seconds behind my current time! :grumpy::grumpy:

Is this an expected result now?
I'm around 6 tenths slower than my pre update time, but I think it was actually a better driven lap than the previous, which is what probably happened with @Pigems current lap as well.

I'm around 6 tenths slower than my pre update time, but I think it was actually a better driven lap than the previous, which is what probably happened with @Pigems current lap as well.

You are correct my good Sir, I’m about 3 tenths off my original lap now. It definitely takes a few minutes to get used to the changes. :)

I would consider this out of bounds, you are clearly well beyond the white line.

Never driven this track or this car and safe to say I struggled with both! The understeer is unreal and took me a while to realise not to shift down too quickly before a corner. As for apexes, are there even any?!

The key for me to this track is the first 3 corners, that's where I've gained most of my time to actually get something worthy of putting on the board but I think I'm totally done with it now...was a fun challenge though!

Back