GTP_WRS Week 8: Snake in the Sand

1:02.488

Slight improvement in T1 and T2, but big gain from T3.

I did turn 4 with a little mistake, not enough brake, turn in too soon and I found myself in front big bumping kerb on the inside apex like in the picture. Expected the car to fly, but it ran through it like butter and funnily enough way faster than my ghost.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpeg

Checked it all around and it seems two wheels on the kerbs.
Too much corner speed sent me wide on the exit and I almost lost it in terms of spin, but also contact with the track. Those white kerbs are track still, right?

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__1.jpeg

Have to improve on this lap. Wouldn't want to submit such sloppy driving as my entry.

final time

1:01.717

Not the best first sector
Messy exit from Corkscrew and subsequent time loss in the third sector, at least 0.2s lost there.
Don't have time to try anymore, but you know, aligning planets and all...
Didn't expect such result when I started, but it's one of my favourite tracks so...

Will have a chance to take one more crack at this but went ahead and submitted with these new splits.

1:01.731

Good luck to all!

Guess u have me beat again. Next week my week tho
You never know how much the final sector will shake up the order. Lost a bout 0.1 in the final sector to you but had enough of a gap to hold on. Saw your splits at spa, doubt I'll get close enough to see your taillights this week.

Aren't the results available already?
The event ended Monday as you can see by the leaderboard results. @Vaxen has not posted the breakdown / handicap info (which does require time & effort on his part). I'm sure he will get to it as soon as he can.

The event ended Monday as you can see by the leaderboard results. @Vaxen has not posted the breakdown / handicap info (which does require time & effort on his part). I'm sure he will get to it as soon as he can.
Yeah, I get it.
But I meant the basic list of laptimes posted which can be viewed on the results page.

Yeah, I get it.
But I meant the basic list of laptimes posted which can be viewed on the results page.
We were talking about Porsche/spa in regards to who will be fastest. Pretty sure we are mixing things up here 😉

Back