GTP_WRS Week 81 : Blue With N's Z

• Thread starter EDK
  • 80 comments
Had a session last night, but never really hooked up anything fast

1'03.729
1'55.801

Phenomenal splits Carl!!!! 1'03.4 is really on par with the world's best, when glancing at the online leaderboard time trial

Thanks Dan, but I feel like I've had a bit of a leg up on this weeks' WRS, as I've already put in 10+ hours of practice on the online TT in this car. I have no doubt you'll take more off of those splits after another session or two 👍

I would advise anyone to watch STREET_RAGING's lap on this month's online TT. He doesn't use the clutch, and he has put in what--to me--is one of the most impressive lap times I've seen in Prologue. Just incredible. I've just tried to copy a lot of what he does with the car. The main thing is just minimizing wheelspin wherever possible, and being gentle with all the inputs 👍

Last edited:
There we go:

1'03.520
1'55.591

Degner 2 is my nightmare in Suzuka. :grumpy:

Yeah, but at least you only have a single turn that is your nightmare - the only part of the track that doesn't give me fits is the part just past the start line down to just where turn 1 begins. :lol:

Nice splits by the way.

This reminds me greatly of the GT5 TT, there comes a significant improvement in laptime and I have no idea what went differently:

T1: 1'03.603
T2: 1'55.792

All the best
Maz

First splits:

T1: 1'04.047
T2: 1'56.407

A few tenths to come off, I'm never that quick at Suzuka :dunce:

Yeah, but at least you only have a single turn that is your nightmare - the only part of the track that doesn't give me fits is the part just past the start line down to just where turn 1 begins. :lol:

Well, almost any curve in Suzuka is very technical but the most difficult for me is Degner, even more when the tyres are N3. :scared:

Updated splits:

1'03.478
1'55.515

T1: 1'05.562
T2: 1'59.285

I told myself that I wouldn't post a time until I could break the 2 minute mark. It's taken me several weeks to get this time :) Really happy about it :)

I am curious, how come going through the esses, it is quicker to stay in 3rd gear?

T1: 1'05.562
T2: 1'59.285

I told myself that I wouldn't post a time until I could break the 2 minute mark. It's taken me several weeks to get this time :) Really happy about it :)

I am curious, how come going through the esses, it is quicker to stay in 3rd gear?

Well done on your time Silvadeus. 👍

It's all about traction and line, try three lap saving each one to use as a ghost, one in 2nd through the 's' bends one in 3rd, the other in 4th, see how you get on.

Phillip.

1'05.438
1'58.506
Bad I know... Will try to improve, it's just that I don't know where exactly I'm losing time.

Fairly long session (this combo's just too addictive!). About one lap in 5 got a good T2 then screwed up the last sector :( When the pressure is on, it's an extremely tricky end to the lap imo.

However, eventually I nailed one lap together, which I doubt I can beat.

1'04.828
1'57.790

Better get on with revision now...

Well done on your time Silvadeus. 👍

It's all about traction and line, try three lap saving each one to use as a ghost, one in 2nd through the 's' bends one in 3rd, the other in 4th, see how you get on.

Phillip.

Thanks Phillip, I will give it a try. I have been doing 2nd and 3rd gear up until yesterday. In 2nd I could not under any circumstances break into the 1'05's. Then, first lap, without even trying, I broke that barrier, and actually in the end was able to take about 2.5 sec off :)

I didn't know if the reason might have been weight shifting with the car or something.

Thanks!

Had a couple of laps earlier in the week but this is the first concerted effort.

1'04.587
1'57.218

Well, almost any curve in Suzuka is very technical but the most difficult for me is Degner, even more when the tyres are N3. :scared:

Updated splits:

1'03.478
1'55.515

Great splits Ramon :cheers:
I had another go last night, but I actually regressed a little :ill:
I pretty much wasted 2 hours trying to find my rhythm again with no improvement. Will give it another go again tonight *fingers crossed*

Gave this promising looking combo a try this morning. Ashamed to say, but at my level of competence this is a very frustrating combo that only makes me want to shelf Prologue even more :(
Please don't take it as a negative remark towards WRS because I am in growing admiration of Kevin who succeeds in keeping the community alive and growing despite the huge constraints of the prequel game.

In other words, I will keep coming back for combos that I like 👍

Andy convinced me to give it a go this week, so here are my first splits. They're even more embarassing then I expected them to be, but maybe they'll make the slower drivers feel a little bit better about themselves :P

1'06.704
2'00.671

Andy convinced me to give it a go this week, so here are my first splits. They're even more embarassing then I expected them to be, but maybe they'll make the slower drivers feel a little bit better about themselves :P

1'06.704
2'00.671

This well encourage others no doubt as well.

I did these splits earlier in the week. Was gonna wait to post when I got another chance to try & hopefully get better. But I have a 3 day conference starting tomorrow so not sure if I'll get another chance.

1'05.871
1'59.016

New Splits:

T1: 1'03.422
T2: 1'55.617

Took a bit off my previous lap time. Didn't have a great run in T2, but I had a good T3. Can't put all 3 sectors together :ouch:

A quick blast today and some new splits. I'm finding this one really deceiving, I can't run consistent times and I don't even know where I loose/gain time :crazy:

T1: 1'04.074
T2: 1'56.599

I haven't been able to sign into PSN today :grumpy:, so I did a few laps in arcade time trial (on N3s of course) - I assume that's ok?

Anyway, I managed to find 1.5 tenths at the line:

T1: 1'04.013
T2: 1'56.372

I've only had two sub 1'04s at T1, I have no idea where you guys are finding another half a second!! :nervous:

I haven't been able to sign into PSN today :grumpy:, so I did a few laps in arcade time trial (on N3s of course) - I assume that's ok?
The online event needs to be used for final submissions. There's no way to verify if there are any differences in physics and the times that can be achieved. I doubt there are, but we need to be on a level playing field.

Sorry that PSN is acting up for you.

EDK
The online event needs to be used for final submissions. There's no way to verify if there are any differences in physics and the times that can be achieved. I doubt there are, but we need to be on a level playing field.

Sorry that PSN is acting up for you.

I am almost certain that there are no differences, based on the times I did in the online event before and offline in arcade mode today, but I completely understand that there is no way to tell for sure. I was able to briefly sign in this evening, before being rudely booted off again :grumpy: (something to do with the server...), so let's hope it's just a temporary problem :dopey: . And does this mean I'm not allowed to post my splits?

Nevertheless, I'm going to keep plugging away at this combo (online or not), because it's very addictive and I can feel myself improving on Suzuka with every lap. :) [but I won't submit if it's done offline]

Also, I have studied STREET-RAGING's outstanding lap, and the most important thing I learnt was not to brake much at all through the esses, let the car turn in and slow down on its own. With this I was able to easily break the 1'04s tonight, even with a slightly messy Degner.

Last edited:
I had another go last night and improvement didn't seem likely, I watched some top times and I can't see anything I'm doing differently, it's just plain old lack of skill as usual.:rolleyes:

I had another go last night and improvement didn't seem likely, I watched some top times and I can't see anything I'm doing differently, it's just plain old lack of skill as usual.:rolleyes:

I agree completely - I watch them as well and notice that their apex speeds are slightly higher than mine yet when I try to maintain that much speed through the corners the car is all over the place and often ends up in the sand. It's one of those weeks where I actually start to question my setup and want to fly one of those guys in for the weekend to see if they can actually run that lap on my gear. I don't understand why the car sticks for them but won't stick for me. :)

I agree completely - I watch them as well and notice that their apex speeds are slightly higher than mine yet when I try to maintain that much speed through the corners the car is all over the place and often ends up in the sand. It's one of those weeks where I actually start to question my setup and want to fly one of those guys in for the weekend to see if they can actually run that lap on my gear. I don't understand why the car sticks for them but won't stick for me. :)

Mate, if I can do it on an unsecured plank of wood sitting on two pulverised shoeboxes on slippery wooden chairs while I sit on a chair with wheels, it can be done on your gear :lol:

As for the apex speeds, I actually genuinely think there is a slight difference in grip/physics between the online free run and the actual online TT. I ran about 5 laps today on the TT and it was really much easier to maintain the apex speeds you see at the top of the chart than in the free run.

I've had much more difficulty getting the apex speeds I aim for with required grip on the free run compared to the TT.

All the best
Maz

Back