GTP_WRS Week 81 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 48 comments
Well done to all podiums. It wasn't an easy combo, but definitely an enjoyable one :)

Attachments

• GTP_jh001 WRS 81.zip
    121 KB · Views: 10
GTP_jh001
gflagjn4.gif

You were pushing it a bit there Jack on the first kerb at Casio!

Silvadeus, I tried to watch your replay but I couldn't get it to load. I'll have another go later on.

I'm guessing since he's in the US and it's not specified in his sig, that he has the NTSC game version, while you have PAL.

I'll watch it in the next few days, if no one beats me to it. ;)

How to take the image or how to view the car position?

Personally, I use a capture device to record a reply which allows me to review frame-by-frame if required.

I would guess the above has been 'caught' by uploading the replay to the TT event as a ghost-replay. This would allow whoever caught this image to gain a lead by using racing tyres and additional power(?)

THe easiest way to do it is to jump in a high-performance car on R3's enter the suzi intermediate race, load up the ghost and jump into free-run.
I can get to degnar 1 in a s2k amuse in 40 seconds and park up before the ghost arrives 👍 simples.

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me how to do this? I asked Phil and LP in the race box but they also don't know.

👍

I too would be interested how that was done. I just started running in the WRS and looking at my replays, and so far I have only figured out how to change from like bumper cam to a ambient cam that at times doesnt give the angle I would like to see to make 100% sure if there is a "grey" part.

EDIT:
Thanks Fastas, never thought of that. Guess you posted that while I was typing my reply...lol

Last edited:
THe easiest way to do it is to jump in a high-performance car on R3's enter the suzi intermediate race, load up the ghost and jump into free-run.
I can get to degnar 1 in a s2k amuse in 40 seconds and park up before the ghost arrives 👍 simples.

You will be even faster in the F1.

You will be even faster in the F1.

:lol: yeah, true. But, I was in the Audi TT and it was quicker to make a couple of clicks to the right for the amuse. 👍

Whoever did it must have fast reactions to pause it at the right time though :)

Thanks guys, I'm in the U.S. (San Diego) I have the hard copy version of GT5P. Sorry, didn't know that it would make a difference. I thought that the copies of games were all region free.

GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

Good lap MadMax, impressive stuff again for a controller, when are you going to get a wheel? :)

Thanks for checking Fastas :cheers:

I'll be getting a wheel when the time is right. :sly:

Could anyone tell me how to do this? I asked Phil and LP in the race box but they also don't know.

👍

As eclipsee wrote above , using the F1 is a good way to get infront of a ghost car.
This can be easily done in Arcade mode using S2/S2 on the F1 .

Once parked in place and waiting for the ghost ,
press start when the ghost gets close to the place of investigation.
Then choose "continue" and before the game continues press start again.
This will allow the game to continue by 10-20 1/1000's of a second before it pauses again.
By repeating this method it is possible view the car's movement frame by frame.
Preferably from different angles.
The "pause option screen" is usually in the way of sight ,
so it's usefull to place the F1 so that the place of investigation is on either side of the screen.

MadMax

I did some NTSC Cleanup tonight. :dopey:

GTP_Silvadeus -
gflagjn4.gif
Clean lines and good car control, in general. You were a bit late on the brakes (or lifting throttle) going into most turns. Try to practice slow in/fast out. You also had a few odd shifts. Not sure if you are using AT Transmission? If you aren't, some of the upshifts going into corners (Hairpin as an example) are costing you some time. It looks like you use a DFGT, so I would recommend learning do use Manual if you don't. It will aid your car control significantly. Great D4 time and win, I just like to provide some tips, where I can, while watching these.

GTP_accessraider
-
gflagjn4.gif
Again, nice clean lines and good car control and driving overall. Try turning the wheel sooner to get the car pointed where you want it to be going before you get there. You turned in too late on many turns, causing you to understeer, scrub the tires and lose time. You also have the unnecessary upshift to 4th going into hairpin. Seems like a small thing, but holding that gear and focusing on getting the car pointed can really save you. Again, really respectable time in D4. 👍

I also tried to watch GTP_Worst_Driver's replay, but his zipped file has something weird going on. I've asked him to try posting again.

EDK

GTP_Silvadeus -
gflagjn4.gif
Clean lines and good car control, in general. You were a bit late on the brakes (or lifting throttle) going into most turns. Try to practice slow in/fast out. You also had a few odd shifts. Not sure if you are using AT Transmission? If you aren't, some of the upshifts going into corners (Hairpin as an example) are costing you some time. It looks like you use a DFGT, so I would recommend learning do use Manual if you don't. It will aid your car control significantly. Great D4 time and win, I just like to provide some tips, where I can, while watching these.

GTP_accessraider
-
gflagjn4.gif
Again, nice clean lines and good car control and driving overall. Try turning the wheel sooner to get the car pointed where you want it to be going before you get there. You turned in too late on many turns, causing you to understeer, scrub the tires and lose time. You also have the unnecessary upshift to 4th going into hairpin. Seems like a small thing, but holding that gear and focusing on getting the car pointed can really save you. Again, really respectable time in D4. 👍

I also tried to watch GTP_Worst_Driver's replay, but his zipped file has something weird going on. I've asked him to try posting again.

Thanks for checking. But more importantly thanks for the advice! 👍

- I also tried GTP_worstdriver bit didn't work

Here's my ''new'' replay, sorry if it's late I had a lot of things going on and I totally forgot.

Anyway I hope it works and I apologise for any inconvenience.:)

Attachments

• GTP_Worst_Driver 2'24.990.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 8
It worked. Nice lap!

2'24.990---GTP_Worst_Driver
gflagjn4.gif

EDK

GTP_Silvadeus -
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks EDK! I am using a DFGT and always use manual paddle shifters. What should I do with the upshifts to go quicker?

Thanks for the insight. I will try going in slower into the corners!

Thanks EDK! I am using a DFGT and always use manual paddle shifters. What should I do with the upshifts to go quicker?

Thanks for the insight. I will try going in slower into the corners!

Sorry, I'll clarify my comments. I meant that there were some times you were shifting, but you really didn't need to. One example was the approach to hairpin, where you went up into 4th, and then had to immediately shift back down 2 gears. I also remember some odd shifts in the esses (I know I was taking all of that in 3rd, right up until Dunlop). And, if I recall correctly, you may have shifted into 5th before Spoon Curve.

The point is, there is an optimum shift point for keeping the motor in the power band, but that needs to be balanced against not shifting unnecessarily. In those cases, you could have run up to redline without hitting the limiter, you have less chance of upsetting the car, and it allows you to focus your driving efforts on things other than shifting.

As far as the slow in, fast out comment, I think the N tires probably had as much to do with that as anything. But that's just another one of the reasons the gap between the divisions widens on a combo such as this one.

Back