GTP_WRS Week 83 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 57 comments
2---1'34.185---GTP_Brinomial
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Nice clean/correct lap. I noticed your previous laps T2 was .14 faster, that sure would have been a nice package eh. Congrats on your podium !

Here's my replay.
Thank you and thank you. I actually had other T2's that were quicker than that but I couldn't string them together. No worries though, I still had a good time.

Loved this car/track , surprised I was last :(

Attachments

• GTP_zapphoid WRS WK83 PAL.zip
    278.5 KB · Views: 6
Zapphoid: Did you that you can follow your position in WRS Leaderboards all week along? There you can see all the drivers splits.

Some great times there, congratulations to all the guys on the podium, to Chris for an amazing lap time and overall win - will you put it on youtube? Would love to see how you made sector 1.
Also congrats to Ren for a great time in first d2 event.

I knew I could manage a 33.8 if I got the last corner correctly with my submitted lap as I was running t3 in about 17.99 consistently. But I guess after a long break that's about as good as I could do. Im not too keen on Monza as I find it quite tricky with the directional buttons, but will definitely be in the following event.
Cheers for a great combo!

Will you put it on youtube? Would love to see how you made sector 1.
Thanks Lou. :cheers: I'm having trouble with my capture card at the mo... might have to return it... jerky flickering video, which is also why I didn't do a sector 1 vid this week either. But you're in England so you can just download my replay and have a look directly. 👍

4---1'33.477---GTP_transamguy

10---1'33.965---GTP_orsche

Both nice clean runs! Correct tires, no wall contact.

Last edited:
3---1'36.452---GTP_GDS (Replay Needed)

Very clean lap,
Correct car (arcade that is)

Nice lap, but i have to say you were a bit too safe in most of the corners, throw the car a little its okay to slam into the walls. A couple of things, you were a bit too late on breaking in turn one therefore you ran a bit wide but I dont think you lost much time there you did however lose a chunk of time in the double left hander by breaking a bit too much there, also may have lost a few tenths by lifting off at the start of T2, the high speed chicane (should have tried it flat out). T2 i never really mastered so all I can say is you took the U turn pretty well the chicane was hard to master. The last corner you also braked a bit too long, I remember gaining about 2tenths on that long straight by nailing it on some occasions, never really nailed it on my fastest lap though.

Good lap though 👍

Thanks for the replay check and the advise. I tend to play it safe most of the time because when I'm out-of-control I'm out-of-control. My reaction time is slower than you young'uns!! I could not get any consistency in turn #1. The times I ran wide didn't hurt my times much. Probably because I hit the brakes later. Thanks again!!

Thanks for the replay check and the advise. I tend to play it safe most of the time because when I'm out-of-control I'm out-of-control. My reaction time is slower than you young'uns!! I could not get any consistency in turn #1. The times I ran wide didn't hurt my times much. Probably because I hit the brakes later. Thanks again!!

No problem, were all here to learn from each other, and Im only D3 so Im not as fast as some of the aliens, one thing I always try to do is be very smooth in my laps, not doing too many sudden changes in the steering wheel, so sometimes I turn a bit early into a corner and if I dont run wide enough then next lap I go faster till Im off the road, thats when I know I've reached the limit. For consistency in corners I use the brake markers a lot, just so I know exactly where I braked on a previous lap, If I go too wide into the corner then I brake a tad bit earlier and if I have to accelerate to reach the corner then I brake a tad bit later, after thousands of laps it starts being second nature. Another thing that helps me a lot is watching some laps from the faster folks and trying to see where they were braking, how much and how long, sometimes its just fear that the car wont stick that stops us from being faster

A little advice from me (as posted in Week 1):

Brake early and only once - vital to learn your braking point for each corner.
Try and stick to one line through the corner and learn where in the corner you can get on the power without spinning the rear wheels or pushing the front wide. Essentially try and do every part of the cornering process only once - braking, turning in, accelerating and straightening up. Smoother is faster - it may feel slow but if the tyres start to slide too much, you're losing time.

Sorry for being so late, but work and a virus :ouch: stoped me from posting before.

Big congrats to my mate Chris, great time, amazing lap 👍

Already knew i would tumble down, as my last sector was really bad :dunce:

My replay

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 83 Replay PAL.zip
    270.1 KB · Views: 6
Here is my replay, sorry I left it quite late.

3---1'33.555---GTP_UsualSuspect (Replay Needed)

2---1'35.198---GTP_Racingworld (Replay Needed)

24--1'37.207---GTP_zapphoid r=5.446 - Zapphoid, you might have uploaded the wrong replay as your times don't match up. Your replay time shows 1'37.209.

Attachments

• GTP_Coupe WRS Week 83 Pal.zip
    272.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here is my replay, sorry I left it quite late.

3---1'33.555---GTP_UsualSuspect (Replay Needed)

2---1'35.198---GTP_Racingworld (Replay Needed)

24--1'37.207---GTP_zapphoid r=5.446 - Zapphoid, you might have uploaded the wrong replay as your times don't match up. Your replay time shows 1'37.209.

The .209 will correct, I write them down as I do the fastest times each run and with my bad had writing the 9 looks like a 7, sorry about that

Just thought I would bump this thread and ask if someone would be able to verify my PAL replay please?

We also need someone to verify gooners' replay.

Sid, you checked zapphoid's replay, and noted the typo. We're forgiving it since it was a first offense, and very minor. Could you give him the green flag if it was clean and he used the correct tires?

1---1'33.457---GTP_gooners_17

Everything appears to be in order. Great run Mohit.

3---1'34.544---GTP_Coupe

All looks in order. Great podium run there Sid.

Sid, you checked zapphoid's replay, and noted the typo. We're forgiving it since it was a first offense, and very minor. Could you give him the green flag if it was clean and he used the correct tires?

No problem everything else is correct. :)

24--1'37.207---GTP_zapphoid

All looks in order. Great podium run there Sid.

Thanks very much.

Back