GTP_WRS Week 9 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 138 comments
Congrats to all the podium placers and everyone who beat their target! ๐Ÿ‘

Here's my replay, went really wide in couple places on this lap, doesn't look good at all :lol:

Attachments

• GTP_Sutuki WRS 9.zip
    238.4 KB · Views: 13
My PAL replay for this week. I know that I lost 2 tenths at turn 1, and then another at the chicane based on all my best splits over the week, but it is what it is.

Attachments

• WRS_week009_GTP_Carlos.zip
    241.3 KB · Views: 7
Here's my replay, went really wide in couple places on this lap, doesn't look good at all :lol:

Wish I could run an "ugly" lap at that pace.

Here's my replay.. fairly pretty if you ask me. NTSC

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL007.zip
    239.6 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to Sutuki for the overall win and Zoky for being right there too!
Well done to all the division winners as well.
Some great battles going on through the divisions, thanks for the entertainment.
My replay:

Your rar file has the incorrect data, you must have done it incorrectly along the way.
It seems to have some data from the BCUS folder but not the folder itself.
I think you went one step too far.

I'll be watching some replays this morning.
Here is my replay, it's # 007 as well

Attachments

• 01GTP Week 9.zip
    248.8 KB · Views: 7
That was a great race, Kevin!! ๐Ÿ‘ Awesome combo. :cool:
Congratulations to Sutuki and Zoky for another great run. You guys are amazing.
Also, kudos to Chris for a D2 win! ๐Ÿ‘ Very nice. I was also glad to see Plato keep at it and post a good time. Well done! :)
Cheers to Shigegaki and darkstar for their division wins! :cheers:
It was another great race in D3, and I'm glad for the podium. (Sorry, Carlos!) ASH was definitely in a league of his own, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ but the race for second was certainly fun. I thought I would need every tenth, and it turned out to be true. Nice job to BOSHUTER for the great T3!! ๐Ÿ‘ Great racing! I enjoyed this one quite a bit, and it looks like we will get some good competition going forward. I see Burr-U.K. and insatiable ran really good times, too, so this should be fun to see what happens next. Once we finish with "Lefty's Revenge", that is! :sly:
Last, but certainly not least, superb job by 01GTP to take the Team SMART title this week!! ๐Ÿ‘ Kenny!! :cheers:
Replay soon.

Race On!

My PAL replay

I watched it just now and can see where all the time was lost, the first turn in T2 was terrible and certainly cost me some time. I couldn't get this turn right all week

Attachments

• GTP_Plato Week 9.zip
    239.4 KB · Views: 8
Hey, great combo, podium not to bad for a cripple:dopey:

Attachments

• gtp_dholland week 9 1'35.801.zip
    240.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey, great combo, podium not to bad for a cripple:dopey:

I drive one handed all the time but I do use manual, so used to it now don't think I would be able to use two hands. It's really hard work when you are using cars with anything less than racing tyres, especially on tracks with tight turns. Using one hand is the main reason for a bad performance on eiger week 7.

Great lap you have, even for a cripple :sly:

Any chance of a youtube video for us to see

GTP_Sutuki
gflagjn4.gif

Congratulations on an excellent victory. I noticed you used the handbrake on 2 of 4 corners in T1 which really helped get your car turned in and on the power early. Very fast lap despite missing the apex at the hairpin after T1, but a really lovely end to the lap. Well done, Ali ๐Ÿ‘

Tried to view Zoky's replay but the data was corrupt for me.

All the best
Maz

I drive one handed all the time but I do use manual, so used to it now don't think I would be able to use two hands. It's really hard work when you are using cars with anything less than racing tyres, especially on tracks with tight turns. Using one hand is the main reason for a bad performance on eiger week 7.

Great lap you have, even for a cripple :sly:

Any chance of a youtube video for us to see

The main problem was avoiding unwanted gear 2 downshifts. Hopefully with any luck I'll be able to drive normally towards the end of week 11, around the time I'm allowed to take the sling off. Video coming.

Once again some amazing times this week, here's my PAL replay for checking

Attachments

• GTP_Burr-UK_Week_9_WRS.zip
    246.7 KB · Views: 8
GTP_Sutuki
gflagjn4.gif

Congratulations on an excellent victory. I noticed you used the handbrake on 2 of 4 corners in T1 which really helped get your car turned in and on the power early. Very fast lap despite missing the apex at the hairpin after T1, but a really lovely end to the lap. Well done, Ali ๐Ÿ‘

Tried to view Zoky's replay but the data was corrupt for me.

All the best
Maz

Thank you Maz ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for the video, did you check the replay properly. It's hard to tell from a video but your entry to the chicane looks suspect. I may be wrong, as I say hard to tell.

I can see what I was doing wrong at the T2 hairpin now, lost a tenth or two there. ๐Ÿ‘

Hey Plato, my replay is good I believe, don't even thin I checked it at that spot as it felt clean by a good margine.

Hey Plato, my replay is good I believe, don't even thin I checked it at that spot as it felt clean by a good margine.

Just youtube playing tricks on me then, great lap for someone only at half strength for the next few weeks :sly:

Hey boshuter, it's a shame you're NTSC as I would have loved to watch your lap. Great T3 and great lap time - looking forward to some more close fights (hopefully a bit closer than wk9 though)
:cheers:

Thanks Carlos, I wasn't sure how I would like running in the WRS, but I have to say I enjoyed it as much as anything I've done in GT5. ๐Ÿ‘ This is the first time I've ever run on this track and I don't think it will ever be one of my favorites :nervous:

It looks like Division 3 is a very competitive and close division to be in, we both have some work to do to stay with Ash32 :)

I'll post my replay when I get home tonight :) Wish I had put more than an hour into it o well.

Excellent job guys!

Jerome

Thanks Carlos, I wasn't sure how I would like running in the WRS, but I have to say I enjoyed it as much as anything I've done in GT5. ๐Ÿ‘ This is the first time I've ever run on this track and I don't think it will ever be one of my favorites :nervous:

It looks like Division 3 is a very competitive and close division to be in, we both have some work to do to stay with Ash32 :)

Hey BOSHUTER,

Great job for your first WRS!๐Ÿ‘ If you are anything like us you will really enjoy WRS. I feel like it has become a chess game between all of the top D3er's. I had an off week this week but I usually have a good run to put me near the top of D3 only to see the next time I'm on the computer that ASH, Insatiable, Chuk, or now you and Carlos making a move right past me. It just goes back and forth all week long. I think it is interesting to see how we all progress over the week. D3 is a fun and competitive place to be. I hope you enjoy it.:cheers:

Congrats to Sutuki for the overall win and Zoky for being right there too!
Well done to all the division winners as well.
Some great battles going on through the divisions, thanks for the entertainment.

Your rar file has the incorrect data, you must have done it incorrectly along the way.
It seems to have some data from the BCUS folder but not the folder itself.
I think you went one step too far.

I'll be watching some replays this morning.
Here is my replay, it's # 007 as well

I didn't have any problems with Dr Wankel's file, it played fine for me.

Hey BOSHUTER,

Great job for your first WRS!๐Ÿ‘ If you are anything like us you will really enjoy WRS. I feel like it has become a chess game between all of the top D3er's. I had an off week this week but I usually have a good run to put me near the top of D3 only to see the next time I'm on the computer that ASH, Insatiable, Chuk, or now you and Carlos making a move right past me. It just goes back and forth all week long. I think it is interesting to see how we all progress over the week. D3 is a fun and competitive place to be. I hope you enjoy it.:cheers:

Thanks mcfizzle, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it progresses each week in Div 3. Don't expect much from me this week, I'm no rally driver :scared:

Congrats to all winners and podiums. :cheers:

Thanks to everyone for making hotlapping fun. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for viewing and approving my lap. ;)

All I got was a message saying windows cannot open the file:

Must be on this end then, thanks.

I opened it with WinRAR. The lap looked clean to me. ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to all the division winners and podium finishers. I thought you had the top time in D4 Pool. :cheers to a very close finish.
Yeah I was eager to find out who won because my chicane wasn't really good.
Good job to you and all other podiums ๐Ÿ‘

Yeah I was eager to find out who won because my chicane wasn't really good.
Good job to you and all other podiums ๐Ÿ‘

Good job everyone! :cheers: Especially my D4 speedsters Shigegaki, poolhaas, and GTP_G30_Hellas ๐Ÿ‘ Was hard, yet interesting, watching you guys from over 1sec back. :dunce:

Thanks again Admins for keeping this interesting and smooth!

Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_poolhaas WRS week9.zip
    242.9 KB · Views: 8
@Chris
Last week i was .030 behind you, this week you sky rocket. Amazing performance ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks mate :) Yeah I'm pretty inconsistent... and not very adaptable to different handling. I just happened to love the way this car behaved on the limit, so was happy pushing harder. You'll no doubt catch me in a future combo ๐Ÿ‘

Also, kudos to Chris for a D2 win! ๐Ÿ‘ Very nice.

Thanks Chuk - a good week, loved it. My first divisional win too. :cheers:

Video of my lap if anyone is interested. Chase cam, TV cam and cockpit cam in that order:

I'll check some replays after tea. Cheers all :)

GTP_Carlos
gflagjn4.gif

Very nice T2. If I am to say anything it is turn down TC, you are good enough to do without it ๐Ÿ‘ (and you will be faster :))

Plato and Zoky: Your replay files need to be inside a BCES00569-RPLxxx directory else it won't import.

GTP_DHolland
gflagjn4.gif

Very nice of course. Close at the chikane, but only just close enough. Do you always drive that calm or is it because you have a broken arm? :sly: I am usually too erratic and eager to get on the gas, it is inspiring to see how fast you can be just by being on the gas at the right moment, not before.

Last edited:
Back