• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 64 comments
BigDawg_1281
greenflag-gif.152575

Thanks for checking!

2 down, 1 more to go and I can be officially part of the WRS :D

r_p_m
greenflag-gif.152575

Join the club mate! I'd run a few 20.7s in the last sector so I was stunned to see I'd come in 0.04 on my 20.820, I was expecting you to run 130R flat and take best part of a tenth out of me. Guess I was right when I said it would cost me lol, but not how I was expecting. Now that its over it is so easy to see 0.003 lost nearly everywhere when you know that is the gap! Not every day you give up 0.14 in the first sector and then claim most of it back over the rest of the lap.
Out of curiosity what did you get to for optimal sectors? I would be surprised if you hadn't eclipsed my own marks over 1 sector but the nature of your tune made it hard to stick them together on 1 great lap.

Yeah I was running 130R flat out. The problem I had was I was being too conservative at the chicane so a lot of time was lost there. A lot of my optimal sectors didn't really represent my potential because I spent no more than 90 minutes on this time trial. I don't remember the exact split times but they were around a 34.35 - 19.86 - 48.765 - 20.81.

GTP_Fastas____
redflag-gif.152574

Submitting a replay that is this close is not acceptable and none of us should have to spend this amount of time trying to figure out if a lap is clean or not. This has now had 4 independent reviews and goodness know how much time spent.

View attachment 710353 View attachment 710354

The weird edge in the top picture is the delineation between sidewall and tread and it's clear to me that the only contact being made is with the sidewall. The second picture also substantiates this.

full

The above diagrams that depict what is or isn't clean are about as clear as we can get, diagram 2 applies here.

Argon, are you available for this F1 season? The stewards could use somebody with a keen eye and clear communication ;)

PLEASE READ

Earlier today I had to make a call on a replay that resulted in a decision against @Fastas and without reservation this is an open apology to Dan for one of the most poorly worded responses in the history of the WRS. There is no excuse and the insensitivity of the wording portrayed completely the wrong message about Dan and his good standing during a very long history with WRS.

Whilst I will stand by the decision i wanted everyone to understand that the extremely poorly made point was that we (the admin team) would really appreciate not having to make a call on that kind of circumstance and NOT that Dan ( @Fastas ) was anything but a creditable member of the community who has an exemplary record.

Sorry Dan, I will do better for you, the rest of the community and in my role as a Steward.

Latest Posts

Back