GTP_WRS Week 91 : We Found the Grip

• Thread starter EDK
  • 87 comments
Much appreciate the information there EDK - I will have some experiments with it full + and full - to see the difference. I do know though that when I've been having the -2 on with some of the others, my lap times are a bit better.

I googled the brake balance thing, and it brought up a post on GT Planet actually which I read through, but so much information was thrown out there, and a lot of it was people arguing which was better for what style etc.. I got the gist of it, but not the full information.

Much appreciate your info. Haven't been back on this track yet, but I know I will be tonight before pool :)

Maybe it’s just me??? A bit hard to pick out the apex for the first corner.

Still learning the track. Smooth and hugging the corner apex feels faster on most of the switch back corners. Great car to balance on the throttle too.

BB -2 seems right to me.

That first corner is huge pain in the ass. I haven’t drove this track much or better said hardly. There was a weekly a few weeks back with gr 4 cars. Tried about 15 laps or so. I used a few ghost out of the top 10 and noticed the moment the ghost steers in there is a marker on the left hand guard rail. Can’t remember what it was or what color. Hope it helps.

Good luck and the most important have fun :cheers:

Yeah, T1 on this track is very tricky, I usually leave the cones on for a brake marker because there really isn’t much on the left side leading up to this corner and I also leave the blue corner markers on so I can see the floating blue apex marker, it’s nice and easy to spot even on the blind corner. I find a later apex works best with this corner, I was going down to 2nd the other day when I tried it. :)

Yeah, T1 on this track is very tricky, I usually leave the cones on for a brake marker because there really isn’t much on the left side leading up to this corner and I also leave the blue corner markers on so I can see the floating blue apex marker, it’s nice and easy to spot even on the blind corner. I find a later apex works best with this corner, I was going down to 2nd the other day when I tried it. :)

👍 Later apex for sure...

Yeah it's very hit and miss turn 1 on this event.. I can stuff it 10 times in a row if my mind isn't on the entry, Here's a T1 vid from one of my saves that is on lap 1 and no lap info is shown other than the T1 split 👍 This is how I would like to approach turn 1 all the time.. but as said it's very hit and miss :ouch:👍

Hope it helps somebody :cheers:

Yeah it's very hit and miss turn 1 on this event.. I can stuff it 10 times in a row if my mind isn't on the entry, Here's a T1 vid from one of my saves that is on lap 1 and no lap info is shown other than the T1 split 👍 This is how I would like to approach turn 1 all the time.. but as said it's very hit and miss :ouch:👍

Hope it helps somebody :cheers:

Thank you!!!!

Al

Like this car!!!
It was one of the first Gr. 4 cars I owned on the game, and I remember really liking the way it drove, while it was woefully uncompetitive on the BOP.

I was testing all kinds of cars for this track and found a whole bunch I didn't like. It's actually not all that well suited to even higher power stuff.

So I started trying Gr. 4 and thought this fit like a glove.

If you just want something nice to drive at the right track, I think it's a hidden gem.

Info to OP - when I should submit my time to fetchy it wrote the wrong week nr (90) instead off (91) just altered it myself though :)
Thanks, I fixed it.

Looks like @Pigems got to be the first victim of what I always feared could happen with that convenient link.

Submit for the new week on Sunday or Monday, and it overwrites the old week due to the Week in the Subject being wrong. :ouch:

I personally don't submit to fetchy until my Monday night lol. I generally give it another hour or so, and if I can't quite beat the time, or if I do, then I submit before I go to bed lol.

Looking at spending a few hours on this over the weekend - no kids, so I can just do anything I want haha

Back