GTP_WRS Week 92 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 61 comments
1---1'20.346---GTP_CargoRat
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Nice lap Mitch. 👍

Overall, you had very good lines and could have even taken advantage of them more as you had extra room on exit a few times (turn 1, turn after corkskrew) meaning you could have gotten on the throttle even a bit sooner. A few turns you were a touch wide of the apex (first right in sector 2, penultimate right turn) which cost a few moments before getting in the gas. Real nice run threw the Corkskrew. The last turn was a bit ragged, but you probably noticed your great splits and were getting tight trying to bring it home... didn't hurt your exit speed too much though as you crossed the line at about 134 mph. Maybe just a tenth or so getting the car settled.

I noticed a few turns you really muscled the car on entry with a little lockup/slide (this is a muscle car after all :sly:). I found the little slide on entry would hurt my times a bit versus the smoother approach displayed by Vagabond, but I couldn't always avoid that without slowing too much so it was tough walking that tightrope (for us non aliens). Not sure exactly what the secret was to avoid that... probably just a slightly slower entry speed or shallower turn in angle... maybe the faster guys can shed some light.

Thanks for checking and also thanks for your explanation of how I can improve. Really appreciate it and your advice is always welcome.

Considering that I qualified for Division 1 Bronze, it's disappointing to end up with only a Division 2 Silver class time here. Oh well, there's always the online race tomorrow.

EDIT: Thought I'd help with checking the replays:
4---1'19.342---GTP_Roomboter

Attachments

• GTP_gmmatthew_WRS_Week92.zip
    237.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
millross
7---1'19.463---GTP_ealirendur

Definitely not the lap of someone who just jumped out of D3 to D2 fairly recently. Nice and smooth. Little tentative on a couple of turns, but only very fractional. Middle section of the lap was v.good

Thanks for the check and comments Matt, and I think I'm barely in time to say Happy Birthday!

Laguna is generally pretty good to me; I did have a pretty hard time figuring out what the car wanted, but that's part of what made the combo interesting and challenging. 2.08/9 physics have probably limited fast-in/slide/fast out possibilities to a degree (never a strength for me), and downforce effects are somewhat increased along with the drop in top speed that goes with it, so that's all part of what made for the impression of understeer. The car certainly told you what wasn't going to work! You'd think it had a mind of its own....

Also also, I think I nicked your diff 👍 Thanks again, and congrats!

Congrats to all podium finishers, particularly Chris for such a great lap. Thanks a lot for the tune, by the way, couldn't have been on the podium without it!

A lot of people mentioned the close battle in D2, but we had one in D3 as well (which got mentioned only once, I think, so I'm mentioning it again :dopey:). Just a bit over half a second for the first 6 guys. I'm glad to have been part of it, doesn't happen too often! Great win, Manu!

Congrats to Mitch and Chris (again!) for those great handicaps. It's really amazing how people like Chris and Wes, who are at the top, can still manage to get those big negative handicaps from time to time.

Here is my NTSC replay.

Attachments

• GTP_AspecBob_WRS_week92.zip
    239.6 KB · Views: 9
GTP_AspecBob

Clean and green. 👍

GTP_WRP001

Clean and green. 👍

I like the color you picked on your camaro. :sly:

Congrats to all podium finishers, particularly Chris for such a great lap. Thanks a lot for the tune, by the way, couldn't have been on the podium without it!

A lot of people mentioned the close battle in D2, but we had one in D3 as well (which got mentioned only once, I think, so I'm mentioning it again :dopey:). Just a bit over half a second for the first 6 guys. I'm glad to have been part of it, doesn't happen too often! Great win, Manu!

Cheers aspecbob (sorry I don't know your name) I think I was trying too hard to match your splits I was convinced you had at least a 19.8 so didn't think I had enough in T4 to jump you. Great competition in D3 though didn't notice how close we were till you mentioned it

My replay.Didn't see any close spot, shouldn't be too hard to check.

Attachments

• Week 92.zip
    237.3 KB · Views: 8
Can someone give me the steps of how to check a replay so I can help out with this process in the future. Just want to do my part for the good people here. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, in the archives, is there any way to go back more than 4 pages?

EDIT: NVM the edit question, I got it figured out.

Last edited:
Mitch, the explanation is here, third post 👍

@Manu: my name is Daniel (I don't mind Dan, but there's already one or two on here, although there is another Daniel, now too: n0iZe).

Considering that I qualified for Division 1 Bronze, it's disappointing to end up with only a Division 2 Silver class time here. Oh well, there's always the online race tomorrow.

EDIT: Thought I'd help with checking the replays:
4---1'19.342---GTP_Roomboter

Thnx for checking

One combo suits you better than the other. So don't worry, there will be many combo's following

Congratulations to all winners and podium finishers!

My goal was sub 1'20 and I know I could've gotten there with more laps but I've had no time the last couple of weeks, I didn't even get a chance to review my replay so I could be in for a few surprises:nervous: I was really starting to get a feel for the car around this track but couldn't put it all together as usual (but then again how often does that happen?), my PB's put me a good half second ahead of where I was.

Attachments

• Brinomial WRS Week 92 Replay.zip
    239 KB · Views: 8
3---1'19.651---GTP_gmmatthew

2---1'23.865---GTP_whiskyecho96

All clean and correct 👍

What an impressive lap "V" 👍 how you do it just blowz my mind. Your feel is just spectacular. I tried your setup and I was all over the place, it was just too lose for me and you just rocked the house. Congratz :bowdown:

To my fellow D3erz, great job especialy Bri 👍

Replay as requested, always slow with tuned cars. Lots of seat time but CargoRat and Airsick did great! Congrats!:bowdown:

Attachments

• RaceRyder Week 92 NTSC Replay.zip
    241.7 KB · Views: 11
1'19.407---GTP_Worst_Driver

1'20.694---GTP_Airsick

1'20.131---GTP_Brinomial

All clean and correct.

Sorry i'm so late whit my replay. Completly forgot about it.
So here's my pal replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Staffestef week 92 replay.zip
    244.7 KB · Views: 12
Sorry i'm so late whit my replay. Completly forgot about it.
So here's my pal replay.

Stef, please do not change the name of the root dir. You can create a dir with the dir (BCES00569-RPL008) within it but if you change BCES00569-RPL008 to anything, the checker of the replay must go in and find the original dir name and change it to that. Some of the folks here do not have the expertise to accomplish that.

I have changed it and hopefully it will not show up corrupt. I'll post the results shortly.

2---1'19.274---GTP_gooners_17

Grrrrr! ATTACK!

3---1'21.274---GTP_RaceRyder

Nice clean run.

3---1'19.309---GTPcats_pajamas

Must be that slight litterbox odor Baron, doesn't bother me though.

ConRollins
3---1'19.309---GTPcats_pajamas

Must be that slight litterbox odor Baron, doesn't bother me though.

Thanks Con, shouldn't be left up to you though, you didn't even run this week did you?

Do my replays smell funny or what? Can someone help me out. :/

Yes, kind if lame when Baron reviews so many laps and nobody returns the favor without him asking. Remember guys this review process is a community effort. If you have questions then ask and if you are unsure about a lap ask for a second opinion. If everyone reviews one replay it's a very light workload and in most cases only takes a few minutes. There are always guys that do more and 👍 to them.

If you haven't reviewed a replay for months... Well forget what I was going to say and just start with next week and pitch in please.

Back