GTP_WRS Week 94 : Legend of Zolda

• Thread starter PASM
  • 170 comments
Still running TCS 5 mainly, sometimes 3...flitting between brake bias of 5/5 and 2/7 and setting PB sectors with all combinations of TCS and BB so no idea which is better. Improved by 2 tenths today but still not very happy with my lap time:

S1: 12.540
S2: 34.007
S3: 58.490

I dont feel comfortable in this new track. I can´t be fast and Im really surprised about your Splits. Any advice would be welcome
Would be nice to have Tidgney Guide here ;)

Your faster than me.. however.. brake early.. pratice your lines through chicanes.. you will go faster.. good luck

@Jfrod I think I got one tip.Changing the gears around 5900 rpm will give you some extra straight line speed, I am doing the changes at 6000 rpm when it's possible...Use abs 1 as your only driving assist, Practice some laps to learn the track and you eventually gonna get a better time.

@Jfrod I think I got one tip.Changing the gears around 5900 rpm will give you some extra straight line speed, I am doing the changes at 6000 rpm when it's possible...Use abs 1 as your only driving assist, Practice some laps to learn the track and you eventually gonna get a better time.
I'd say the shifting point depends on the situation as well out of the chicanes. That's where I have to turn out the engine a bit more sometimes to keep tail control - 2nd/3rd 6250rpm; 3rd/4th 6050rpm; 4th/5th 5950rpm is what I do.

First two splits slower.. however.. sector 3 & 4.. faster.. nailed the last chicane.. over .250 up at the line.. now if only I could hook them all up... I'd find another .200.. +

Last edited:
Whoa. I'm finding this one tough to hook up! A couple of sessions now and still plenty of time available; talent limited. :cool:

Very strange day today...continued with TCS 5 and BB 2/7 and improved by just under a tenth, which I was perfectly happy with.

Changed the TCS down to 4 and the BB to 3/7 (seems less TCS requires more front brake bias)...was all going okay as I kept up with my ghost through sectors 1 and 2 and was level exiting the corner after the sector 2 split....got a much better drive and pulled ahead and pretty much nailed the complex after that (was millimetres from being dirty in the middle of the complex but had a lucky break where the kerb angle shifted my car to the right and kept it on the kerbs!)...crossed the split for the first time under 58 (previous best was a .2), had a so-so last sector but still finished just over 2 tenths up. Checked the sector splits and had shattered my sector 3 PB by 3 tenths :eek:

Suffice to say I am very happy, though my last sector is poor...still, half a second improvement in 2 days after nearly giving up is fine by me...also managed a PB .3 first sector the next lap but messed it up at the next corner...typical!!

S1: 12.500
S2: 34.016
S3: 57.900

Back