GTP_WRS Week 94 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 78 comments
What do you have your FFB on, Mike? I play in the wee hours under my sleeping family with headphones on - FFB on 3 ;)

I would really like to! :dopey:, but from what i understand, the event is at
22h here tomorow, and the neighbor(spelling?) under my appartment would not like me driving that late with the G27, they can hear the force feedback kick-in, and walls are really thin id need to use headphone, i cant join unfortunatly. :(

But if you guys practice tonight, in the next hour or 2, i can try to join! :dopey:

Right, we have two races every Wednesday at 3:00 PM and 10:00 PM Eastern. I don't know if anyone will be around practicing as there was a pretty long practice session earlier today already, but watch the online event thread and see if anyone posts.

I play with FFB at 3 as well, but they several time told me they could hear it very clear, i dont want to upset them, he have a crazy sound system and my bedroom is just over his livingroom :scared: lol

Right, we have two races every Wednesday at 3:00 PM and 10:00 PM Eastern. I don't know if anyone will be around practicing as there was a pretty long practice session earlier today already, but watch the online event thread and see if anyone posts.

I will keep an eye on it :), thx Tim!

Just about to open the room for practice now 👍
Edit: You're added to the 3D3 FR list Mike.

Just about to open the room for practice now 👍

Sweet!, i will join, i dont have a mic though, you would not understand a word of my english anyway :D

Sweet!, i will join, i dont have a mic though, you would not understand a word of my english anyway :D

You're canadian and you don't speak english? You speak french then, right? If yes, i'll turn my mic on :)

Last edited:
Yes i speak french, i understand most part of english if not too fast. :)

I'm ok with French too, just talk slowly :lol:
To be honest, asking if 'neighbour' is spelled right has me questioning Mike's nationality ;)

Congrats to all the podium placers, some really nice lap times there 👍

Attachments

• GTP_JTV WK94 PAL.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Had a lot of fun (and some frustration as well) on this one as I was coming off a long hiatus. Anyhow, I did meet my goal of 7.10.xx, but feel I could get another 1.5 sec. Unfortunately, I'd need at least another 3 to even catch 3rd place in D3 :( Top D3 guys are just too good. Had a few very close calls. Hopefully, my run is still valid. Here's the evidence.

nur1.jpg

nur2.jpg

nur3.jpg

Attachments

• GTP_academic_wrsk94_replay_ntsc.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Thanks guys for the kind words.

Amazing stuff Wes and Mike! Was watching your video Mike, and didn't realize my mouth was open the whole time :D.

Great job Bernie and Ren for the D2 podiums!

Close finish there Matthew, just a couple of tenths over 7 minutes :crazy:.

A big 👍 to everyone else too :).

Last edited:
My first div win. 👍
Here's my NTSC replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Airsick_WRS_WEEK_94_NTSC.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Close finish there Matthew, just a couple of tenths over 7 minutes :crazy:.

Indeed, so close. I actually made a bit of a mess of the last part of the lap, losing four tenths. :ouch: Never mind, I shall have my revenge in the EU race...

More replays checked:

2---7'05.320---GTP_SnowCrash
user118395pic1573412914.gif

2---7'06.677---GTP_JTV

You had one close call in T4, luckily you were touching about two inches of rumble strip so the lap is clean.

2---7'05.320---GTP_SnowCrash

2---7'06.677---GTP_JTV

Beaten to the punch; these were indeed clean and correct. Jon's close call at Wehrseifen was definitely pretty spectacular :sly:

Good checkin', again. Over to you, NTSC dudes.

Last edited:
Well I know it wasn't the greatest lap - especially after seeing myself second last following the handicap - but I'm happy to have posted one on the board. I only had time to squeeze one clean lap into a crazy busy week - and even though it sucked - it was fun!

NTSC replay attached.

:cheers:

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL002.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Wow, last in the handicap, I don't know what I didn't know about this combo. Great job to all those who had a clue. wow :dunce:

Wow, last in the handicap, I don't know what I didn't know about this combo. Great job to all those who had a clue. wow :dunce:

I feel your pain Lefty. Does this have anything to do with an over achiever in our division? I don't know how this handicap thing works...

Al

1---7'10.626---GTP_Airsick

Clean lap :) your racing line was good, one thing you can try to work on is the braking, braking late and strong is slower in most case, on this track at least, you can try braking slightly sooner but just do trail braking and slowly release the brakes as you get closer to the apex or the point where you hit the slowest speed through the corner, every corner will reqire a given amount that you need to find though, you will carry more speed in the corners and it will smooth/ease the transition when you get back on throttle, it allow you more control on what you are doing :)
(theres some exceptions like hairpins, or corner that require a steady speed like the karoussel, there you can use full brakes more.

And for the Karoussel dont hesitate to keep right side of the track on entry, midnite did the same thing and entered from the left side of the track, that will make you slow down more in entry, keeping right and brake slightly before the last shadow down to 2nd gear will get you a better line. :)

4---7'28.383---GTP_Midnite

Clean lap :)

I feel your pain Lefty. Does this have anything to do with an over achiever in our division? I don't know how this handicap thing works...

Al

As far as I am able to observe (with no direct knowledge of the internals), no. Your handicap does not directly depend on any single competitor, and the maths don't "see" anyone's division at all (the Vaxen behind the curtain does, but he also has more than enough experience to tell what an outlier looks like). A div 3 or even div 5 could in theory win the overall event with a stunning time, but that would only affect your handicap very slightly if you still did well amongst everyone else.

So, it is not so much to do with how any individual in your division did as how everyone did (all divisions), and how you fared there - ignoring fine tuning, it's all about mean and standard deviation. That's how you get placed in a division in the first place, via the qualifier. Each event is like its own qualifier - the event handicap change figure is effectively the difference between how you would have been placed if only the current event had ever been run, compared to how you've done in the past over time (all of them added up and averaged*).

Someone let me know if I'm off base or even explaining badly; this is opinion based on what has been made known in the past and what I've seen.

*Weighted, and pretty nice about it.

Last edited:
As far as I am able to observe (with no direct knowledge of the internals), no. Your handicap does not directly depend on any single competitor, and the maths don't "see" anyone's division at all (the Vaxen behind the curtain does, but he also has more than enough experience to tell what an outlier looks like). A div 3 or even div 5 could in theory win the overall event with a stunning time, but that would only affect your handicap very slightly if you still did well amongst everyone else.

So, it is not so much to do with how any individual in your division did as how everyone did (all divisions), and how you fared there - ignoring fine tuning, it's all about mean and standard deviation. That's how you get placed in a division in the first place, via the qualifier. Each event is like its own qualifier - the event handicap change figure is effectively the difference between how you would have been placed if only the current event had ever been run, compared to how you've done in the past over time (all of them added up and averaged*).

Someone let me know if I'm off base or even explaining badly; this is opinion based on what has been made known in the past and what I've seen.

*Weighted, and pretty nice about it.

Thank you!

Al

NOTE that Vaxen has updated the OP to include GTP_DOUG and GTP_CargoRatt.

Mitch, your replay is requested.

3---7'07.913---GTP_orsche

Well done Shawn, clean lap! :)

Back