GTP_WRS Week 96 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 64 comments
EDK
Thanks guys, for the great turnout, and congrats to everyone on the fantastic times. 👍

snip

2---0'57.152---GTP_Denur
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap. You were taking a few corners much more aggressively than I was. Our final times were very close, interesting to see the 2 different approaches. Turns 5 and 6, you slid the car more liberally, and I'm not sure if that last corner slide/drift was intentional, but it WAS effective. :sly:
I try not to drive wildly, because I think smooth is faster. Can't seem to do just that though. :D
That little drift in the last corner was intensional, it works for me. 👍

This is my replay, correctly named this time I hope.
I could unzip your file at work, and will review your lap later today when I get home. :)

EDK
Thanks guys, for the great turnout, and congrats to everyone on the fantastic times. 👍

I decided to watch a few of these tonight, to see if I could learn anything, and give a few pointers here or there. :sly:

3---0'58.876---GTP_dhandes
gflagjn4.gif

Really clean looking lap, and you seem to have reasonably good car control. To find speed at London, you really need to take all the track you can get away with. In most corners, you're being more careful than you need to be, and you're just not making it all the way to the apexes. Please don't confuse this with turning in a dirty or borderline lap. You just have a lot of margin right now. In particular, Turn 1, Turn 4, Turn 7, and the last corner complex, you need to take a tight apex, for cleaner corners and better exit .

Thank-you for the feedback, I'm still getting used to the hood view as for the last 15 years I've always gone for chase view. I think my car is wider than what it really is! Good fun though, learning the different car styles.

Thank-you for the feedback, I'm still getting used to the hood view as for the last 15 years I've always gone for chase view. I think my car is wider than what it really is! Good fun though, learning the different car styles.

I think you'll find most people running WRS use bumper cam (View where you can only see the gauges and the road in front of you).

Typically, the sides of the gauges are a reasonably good indicator of your car's width.

You might want to try some bumper cam. It allows you the widest field of vision, and will let you see the apexes I was talking about.

Here is my replay.

Kev, it would be great if you could view it & give me a run down on where I could have improved 👍

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-BF204ABF001.zip
    111.3 KB · Views: 9
I tried to view a replay, but when I put my USB in my PS3 there's no other replay in it. Can someone please give me a detailt discription of how to view a replay?

Here is my replay.

Kev, it would be great if you could view it & give me a run down on where I could have improved 👍

:lol: There's a funny story that goes with that. I was stuck on your EXCACT time from my 3rd session until 45 minutes before the deadline. I might have some comments, but doubt I'll have anything more constructive than "keep cutting laps". ;)

Will have a look tonight. 👍

I tried to view a replay, but when I put my USB in my PS3 there's no other replay in it. Can someone please give me a detailt discription of how to view a replay?

You need to drop the folder with the long name starting with BCES into the SAVEDATA folder on your memory stick. That would be a subfolder of PS3. In other words, it should go in the same folder as your replay you extracted.

On the PS3, go to the Saved Data Utility, then go to the USB Stick. The replay should be in that folder. Then just press triangle and select copy to the appropriate account.

Last edited:
EDK
You need to drop the folder with the long name starting with BCES into the SAVEDATA folder on your memory stick. That would be a subfolder of PS3. In other words, it should go in the same folder as your replay you extracted.

On the PS3, go to the Saved Data Utility, then go to the USB Stick. The replay should be in that folder. Then just press triangle and select copy to the appropriate account.
I didn't put it in the SAVEDATA on my memory stick, will try it again, thanks.👍

DrTrouserPlank's (GTP_Frantic) lap is smooth and clean. 👍

You make good use of the track width: except for corners 5 and 9 your apexes are spot-on. Nice to watch your lap. :)

Here is my replay.

Apparently I gave up too early on this one. I knew my t2 was ok & thought my final sector was ok. Well it turns out my final sector was a piece of 🤬. Just felt complacent with my final time early in the week. Should of worked harder. Lesson learned!

View attachment week96_accessraider_ntsc.zip

EDK
I think you'll find most people running WRS use bumper cam (View where you can only see the gauges and the road in front of you).

Typically, the sides of the gauges are a reasonably good indicator of your car's width.

You might want to try some bumper cam. It allows you the widest field of vision, and will let you see the apexes I was talking about.

Will certainly give bumper view a go again. Especially on the more technical tracks.

My replay. It looks questionable at some points when using chasecam but if you switch to a rearfacing angle it's (to me at least ) obviously clean

Edit:

Here's my replay:
View attachment 73715

I hope you can view it, cause this is the first time I upload a replay.

I tried to check this but all I found was a RX-8 lap around Fuji. Good lap no doubt but still not the one I was looking for.

Attachments

• WRS96 GTP_Anghammarad.zip
    108.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Congratulations to all podiums, some outstanding times there :cheers: I couldn't get anywhere near it this week, despite spending quite a lot of time, highly addictive combo Kev 👍

My replay. It looks questionable at some points when using chasecam but if you switch to a rearfacing angle it's (to me at least ) obviously clean

Edit:

I tried to check this but all I found was a RX-8 lap around Fuji. Good lap no doubt but still not the one I was looking for.
:banghead::confused::crazy::ouch::odd:Sorry, I'll post the good lap tomorrow. But still nice that you could watch it.

Last edited:
Getting read for my vacation starting Friday. Almost forgot to submit replay.

Here it is - nothing special! Took me forever to get used to this car. First time I ever drove it. I still love London though! Great combo to learn something new. 👍

Attachments

• gtp_wasntme week 96 ntsc.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
I hope this is the right replay:
View attachment 73721

GTP_w-g-e is
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap. Last corner was superb

Sidenote: I may be the only one running WRS who actually can check that replay since you are using the download version of the game. The disk versions can't read the download version replays and vice versa. I know there was trouble finding anyone who could check my replays when I was running the download version. This also means that you will be unable to check anyone else's replays.

GTP_w-g-e is
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap. Last corner was superb

Sidenote: I may be the only one running WRS who actually can check that replay since you are using the download version of the game. The disk versions can't read the download version replays and vice versa. I know there was trouble finding anyone who could check my replays when I was running the download version. This also means that you will be unable to check anyone else's replays.
Thanks for checking and thanks for the note, I didn't know that. Doesn't really matter anymore because there are only a few WRS weeks in prologue left. Can you check my replays if I can catch a podium then?

Looks like we still need checks for Mignun (Post 34, PAL), accessraider (Post 39, NTSC), and Bugman27 (Post 56, PAL). I know I said I would check Mignun's, still happy to do that, even if someone beats me to it. 👍 Any help is appreciated. :)

GTP_Mignun
picture.php

You were seeking some feedback in your post (#34). Not much I can pick out; it was a very good lap. I'd say turn-1; maybe could take a straighter exit with more exit speed. Definitely could take a fraction more speed in the chicane at turn 2/3 (could have taken more out of the turn 3 apex).

But to be honest, it seems like a different car to the one I was using. The way you could just turn the wheel and the wheels respond...I just can't believe it. I was complaining previously about the very heavy turn-in, presuming it must be the same for wheel users (I'm on a pad).

You were able to just quickly hit X amount of lock and get your turn in. On a pad, to hit the same lock takes so much longer with that car; you input the amount of lock, but it just responds with such a slow, prolonged movement to the desired amount of lock. The problem with this is, it means having to always turn in a bit earlier, and probably end up taking a bit less speed to keep on the best line. And a further problem is it's very, very difficult to accurately hit apexes, because of having to input steering before you actually want it to start steering!

This is something I've always complained about; why it's possible to get quicker/better steering response using a wheel. This is something which dramatically changed in the TT demo in January; the steering response on the pad was so much better. But just this BMW in particular is an extreme case in Prologue.

Last edited:
Thanks Bugman for checking 👍 & a big 👍 for giving me a detailed description

Back