GTP_WRS Week 96 : Pocket Rocket

• Thread starter EDK
  • 75 comments
EDK
Going to open up the leaderboard with this, but the trick to S3 is brake very early for the chicane at the bottom of the hill, first white stripe on right, then mash the throttle at turn in and pin it all the way through there. If you guys are using the PD cone line, you're doing it wrong.

The trick to S2 is 4th in the downhill sweeper, no 3rd gear.

Good luck. 👍 ;) :D

Also, not sure why, but I am always faster at dawn. Lol.

Using 5 am here, and this was about the same time from the dawn stint in a 24 hour race in 2015. 4AGE FTW. ;)

Think I know the bits you're talking about, thanks for sharing
To clarify, that's the downhill sweeper that happens just before the really steep hill?

Also, what's the trick for the final chicane? I've been braking at the apex of the first tumble strip on the right then trying to throw it across the last rumble, but often run wide and not sure about the gearing through here

Cheers!!

Think I know the bits you're talking about, thanks for sharing
To clarify, that's the downhill sweeper that happens just before the really steep hill?

Also, what's the trick for the final chicane? I've been braking at the apex of the first tumble strip on the right then trying to throw it across the last rumble, but often run wide and not sure about the gearing through here

Cheers!!
Correct.

That final chicane, momentum is key. Do all you can to keep up speed, and it will reward you.

Frustrating the last section bah!! I have 2 saves .2 faster at T3 that have garbage end bends and lose all the speed, Probably submit this one and admit defeat as I'm over 500 miles in total on this combo with 2 sessions haha :gtpflag:

Poor first sector for me, used the lap to practice that damn chicane and improved by one thousands of a second with my best last corner yet.

Leaving (.300) out there. Getting frustrated now. I want that perfect lap. May have 20-30 minutes before the deadline for a last run at this one.

Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
OK, about 8 tenths off my optimal now. Gained half a second at the line.. I'd say realistically I can try and gain another half second, but becoming elusive...

I can see where I'm losing time though in the replay, not long to go!

Have only seen a sub 31 1st sector once

Went through my replays and found i didn't have a single fast clean one :lol: had to go back on and run the opposite of a banzai just to get a clean time!

Submitting this one..good luck all

Back