GTP_WRS Week 98 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 36 comments
Thanks very much for checking the replay and the advice. I did have the 'slow in, fast out' approach in mind, but evidently didn't apply it enough. Great to be learning though :D

EDIT: GTP_Anghammarad
picture.php

Real smooth, and very clean. Very inspiring. Your use of 4th gear was interesting, it certainly made it easier to keep the back in check on the exit. My only criticism is that IMO, red doesn't seem to suit the Impreza :sly:

Last edited:
Thanks for checking, and the comments. You are however mistaken. Red is a perfect colour for almost all cars :)

1---1'01.890---GTP_CICO 👍
picture.php

Well done CICO, a very tidy and nice lap to watch 👍

I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but I would like to share some observations if I may? On the first left-hander of the esses, you may find it quicker to just ease off the gas and turn in a shade earlier instead of using brakes. That allows you to stay left and get a wider entry into Ess 2. Your Ess 2 right-hander was nice but because your apex speed was quite high (aim around 63mph) it left you out wide on exit and gave you too tight an entry into the third Ess (long left hander) where you had to sacrifice 2mph or so at the apex and on exit. Gyaku Bank Curve was really nice, and so was your Dunlop. Carried a bit too much speed into the last corner which meant you had to wait a while to get the nose pointed in and get on the power out of the last corner. You can tell when you've nailed it because on full power you go right to the edge of the track on exit.

Overall, very accomplished lap and for a new wheel user, simply excellent. Well done :cheers:

I believe this one is now official, with all replays checked? :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Just wanted to say congratulations to the podiums and the new (wheel) drivers 👍
I struggled a lot this week, but I had fun :)

Thanks for checking my replay Anghammarad,and congratulations again to all competitors this week for great lap times. :cheers:

1---1'01.890---GTP_CICO 👍
picture.php

Well done CICO, a very tidy and nice lap to watch 👍

I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but I would like to share some observations if I may? On the first left-hander of the esses, you may find it quicker to just ease off the gas and turn in a shade earlier instead of using brakes. That allows you to stay left and get a wider entry into Ess 2. Your Ess 2 right-hander was nice but because your apex speed was quite high (aim around 63mph) it left you out wide on exit and gave you too tight an entry into the third Ess (long left hander) where you had to sacrifice 2mph or so at the apex and on exit. Gyaku Bank Curve was really nice, and so was your Dunlop. Carried a bit too much speed into the last corner which meant you had to wait a while to get the nose pointed in and get on the power out of the last corner. You can tell when you've nailed it because on full power you go right to the edge of the track on exit.

Overall, very accomplished lap and for a new wheel user, simply excellent. Well done :cheers:

I believe this one is now official, with all replays checked? :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the check, and you are more then welcome to give feedback :) nothing beter then that.
And yes you are right, when I saw your replay it was far more composed where I was more agressive. Last corner I used alot of understeer to slow down. Thanks alot mate 👍

How can I load these replays to watch them on my ps3? I want to see how the winners do what they do?

1)You need to click the file and save it on your PC
2)Than unzipped the folder
3)Put the unzipped folder on a USB stick
4)Place the stick in the PS3 and copy the file to saved data I think
5)Then ingame you can watch the replay

Back