GTPedia

• Thread starter Eks
  • 196 comments

Eks

United States
United States
Brucifxr
Ok so I plan on buying a copy of GT Pedia but cannot right now because I dont have the money. So my question is : Is GTPedia like a limited-edition/supply sorta thing? I probably cannot get it 'till January and just wondering if it will still be available.

Edit-Thanks for the move. Did not see this section for some reason.

Last edited:
There are no plans to limit the supply - GTPEDIA should be about for as long as GTPlanet itself is.

Im not sure if im sub-hijacking this thread by asking this but are there any plans to have GTPEDIA sold from sites such as amazon or waterstones etc? Its just these sites don't charge for shipping and the shipping cost is the only thing putting me off.

They also take a massive cut!

It might be possible to get a run over to me and I can post them from the UK. The cost would then be a proportion of the freight cost of the boxes (which should be considerably smaller) plus UK 3 day delivery at about a fiver. There are also other options that Jordan may explore - but getting it out and available was the first concern.

Of course the eBook is an excellent alternative and postage free, but I agree that there's something nice about a physical copy too.

Thanks for the answer and move. 👍
Shipping cost is not a issue..I'd prefer an actual/physical copy. Ebooks aren't really my thing.

I'm just spitballing, since the book has two authors, Famine says he's an author and I assume Jordan's name is not Andrew.

Probably wrong, but I was only joking anyway, so meh.

I'm just spitballing, since the book has two authors, Famine says he's an author and I assume Jordan's name is not Andrew.

Probably wrong, but I was only joking anyway, so meh.

I was joking :rolleyes:
Thanks anyway though for biting my head off...

I was actually just saying that I was only guessing myself when I told the originalom joke, but okay. No problem, I guess?

It's pretty self-explanatory that Famines real name is Andrew, based on the book that is.

I just don't like how you came out with such a derogatory statement subliminally based on my comment.

I want to purchase this book, but I do have a few questions.

Is this encylopedia filled with negative commentary? Or is it just something that highlights the games?

I am not paying for something that mirrors the forums here.

Hah, no.

It's what a Wiki of GT would be if it were editable only by people who knew stuff about GT. There is very little commentary of any kind - I've written all of it and I've tried to stay as neutral as I can but there is probably a mildly positive presentation.

There's prose in each section regarding each game (what it brought over from previous games, what it introduced, what it lost), the car list (highlighting certain firsts), the track list (highlighting certain firsts) and the events list - also a GT Academy section and a Trivia section - but it remains largely factual in nature.

After reading each section I wanted to play each game again, despite the fact that's what I've been doing for two years to write it :lol:

- Well I'm still consindering if I should buying this, or if I should buy a premium membership... Though, if I choose to buy the book, the shipping/handling/etc. is going to be really expensive...

- Well I'm still consindering if I should buying this, or if I should buy a premium membership... Though, if I choose to buy the book, the shipping/handling/etc. is going to be really expensive...

Getting it to the Netherlands costs me €36,-. Can't be much more for Denmark.

Getting it to the Netherlands costs me €36,-. Can't be much more for Denmark.

€36? It "only" costs me ~$36.90 USD - which is ~€28.40 (though this is without the Danish postal service-handling fees).

Or that. Could have been less. I should pay more attention when paying for something. :lol:

€29,46 EUR. That is what I paid.

Hah, no.

It's what a Wiki of GT would be if it were editable only by people who knew stuff about GT. There is very little commentary of any kind - I've written all of it and I've tried to stay as neutral as I can but there is probably a mildly positive presentation.

There's prose in each section regarding each game (what it brought over from previous games, what it introduced, what it lost), the car list (highlighting certain firsts), the track list (highlighting certain firsts) and the events list - also a GT Academy section and a Trivia section - but it remains largely factual in nature.

After reading each section I wanted to play each game again, despite the fact that's what I've been doing for two years to write it :lol:

Thank you Famine. Thank you for staying professional (and not getting defensive) with those questions even if there was reason to be offended.

I am actually excited about you indicating that the presentation is positive in nature.

Consider me sold. I will post my thoughts on the book here at the forums once I get it and spend some time in the book.

I got the combo last night and I'm throughly impressed with the amount of information inside. I see it being a very useful reference guide when playing an actual GT game as well. Looking forward to getting the physical copy in the mail. :)

But one thing I hoped to see was maps of every track. Them not being there doesn't take away from the book but I thought it would be a nice thing to look at.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback, MuoNiuLa. 👍

We also really wanted to include track maps in the book, but were unfortunately advised not to by our intellectual property lawyer. :indiff:

No problem Jordan. :)

One of my favorite things about the book is how it lists the cars the AI uses for every event. I decided to start a new file in GT2 last night, and the opponent list really makes it easier for me to decide which car I should buy for an event and if I should upgrade one of my cars or buy a more powerful one.

Unfortunate news about the maps. Good to know you wanted to put them in at least.

How is errata going to be handled? Will the .pdf version be updated? If so, can people who have purchased it download an updated version at no cost?

One of my favorite things about the book is how it lists the cars the AI uses for every event.

...No way am I passing this up now.

Infinite respect. I love those kinds of things. (I did them myself for GT5 after all!) I'm hoping to go and download it later tonight, looks perfect for me. :)

One of my favorite things about the book is how it lists the cars the AI uses for every event.

Glad you like that :D

I did my very best to generate a methodology that would get every AI car but there remains the possibility that I missed something rare. It was a pain to do and no mistake!

How is errata going to be handled? Will the .pdf version be updated? If so, can people who have purchased it download an updated version at no cost?

There will be a .pdf pushed out to those who've bought either version of the book that contains the corrections. Whether it's a full pdf with corrections or an additional errata-only one, I don't know - Jordan's the publisher so I'd wait for his answer.

...No way am I passing this up now.

Infinite respect. I love those kinds of things. (I did them myself for GT5 after all!) I'm hoping to go and download it later tonight, looks perfect for me. :)

:D

Have you made a post with the GT5 AI opponent list in it? It'd be fun to compare - except if I discover an omission in our list :lol:

Have you made a post with the GT5 AI opponent list in it?

I have. This thread.

There are a couple of stragglers I will have missed in there for sure but I definitely have a whole lot of them down. The MX-5/Miata/Eunos ones were particularly grieving - it's a fairly different way to dislike the amount there are in the game :lol: I could have just written down the lot that were on the eligible list but there's no way of telling if all of them are actual opponents.

Back