GTPF3 WRS Round 5

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 31 comments
United States
Albuquerque, NM
Frizbe
Darth Frizbe
Its that time of week again kiddies! This week we will be traveling to Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin to terrorize, err I mean race, through the beautiful rolling hills of northern America. That's right folks the one and only Road America this week!

Rd5Banner.jpg

For this event we will be showing the Americans how touring cars are meant to be raced! Door to door action and more than a few words we will have to beep out for the small children at home. This track is not particularly technical but does require decent skill to put down a good lap time.

roadAmericaMap.jpg

Free Race/Hot Laps
Circuit: Road America
Cars: '03 Opel #5 OPC Team Phoenix Astra V8 (817)
'04 Audi #8 ABT TT-R (810)
'08 Mercedes-Benz #? C-Class Touring Car (818)
'08 Audi #? A4 Touring Car (814)
Assists: Anything goes personal preference.
Transmission: Again personal preference.
Rules: Running DTM cars this week, post up some wicked paint jobs for the two touring cars!
Anything which invalidates your lap (exclamation mark next to time) is not allowed.
Tuning is allowed where the cars allow, you may discuss and share setups and setup tips.

Do not discuss laptimes, you may discuss your split times but not laptimes.

PM me your best time, you have until 11:59 PM MST (-7 GMT) on the 18th of January to do this. I will accept only one laptime to save my inbox from confusion of having more than one time from people. If you could also state in your final PM if you are using a pad or a wheel.

P.S. I found out that if you go into Multiplayer>Private Race and then set the AI cars to 7 you can run your own personalized Endurance race. Perfect for getting to know the track and it also fattens that wallet a bit ;) You can also manually change what cars the AI uses, so DTM racing all the way!

Last edited:
PM me your best time, you have until 11:59 PM MST (-7 GMT) on the 11th of January to do this. I will accept only one laptime to save my inbox from confusion of having more than one time from people. If you could also state in your final PM if you are using a pad or a wheel.

P.S. I found out that if you go into Multiplayer>Private Race and then set the AI cars to 7 you can run your own personalized Endurance race. Perfect for getting to know the track and it also fattens that wallet a bit ;) You can also manually change what cars the AI uses, so DTM racing all the way!

I'm assuming that should read the 18th of Jan.

Good point/idea on the Mult-Priv setup.

[empty space];3711618
i like road america, i just wish they would turn down the exposure of the track surface :lol:
X360 for ya. Have to showcase how much HDR it can do at every point in time.

For some reason I keep losing about a half second in Canada, then like magic I'll get it right and not notice what I did differently.

Well if you're going all the way up to Canada I think you've left the track. ;)
Shh if I'm only losing half a second leaving the country there is more wrong with this game than I originally thought. :dunce:

Just to make sure I'm reading the setup for this one correctly, we can tune the car all we want but we CANNOT do anything that would change the PI from stock (810, 814, 817 & 818 depending on the car). Correct?

Yeah no parts, these cars all have adjustable suspensions though so you can still tune to your liking

Yupp it is more a tuning setup you can change but no parts on the car.

So Camber, tire pressure, allingment.... and so on.

Not sure if I get the time to drive more this week, but I think I have a fairly good go at it already.

I don't know if I can get any lower than I'm at right now at this track. I took 1.3 seconds off by changing cars. I think I left about .2 out there.

thank god for a 3 day weekend. i havent even touched this yet. i should be able to find some time to put something decent together in the next few days

I don't know if I can get any lower than I'm at right now at this track. I took 1.3 seconds off by changing cars. I think I left about .2 out there.

I like how you tried to stealth your time by posting a faster lap with the LB Mazada :lol:. Good idea I suppose, but still kinda funny. BTW I noticed your prior time so I have a fair idea about where you're sitting. My fast lap, not yet clean though, in the Audi TT-R should be right around that time as well.

Ah thats the reason Spencer sent me friends request, to see my lap time.;)

It is a pain searching through the leaderboards with our under powered cars though. Luckily I'd already done a few stealth laps too.

Ah thats the reason Spencer sent me friends request, to see my lap time.;)

It is a pain searching through the leaderboards with our under powered cars though. Luckily I'd already done a few stealth laps too.

I noticed.

Just be sure everyone saves their replays. I did for my fastest one.

Mine's easy enough to verify, ie I've left that LB very non-stealthy ;).

It's always nice when a really good lap comes together on the last day :). Theoretically if I hit every corner perfectly (for me) I could shave another 2 to 3 tenths off but like that'll ever happen. Pretty much goes for all of us though right... the truly perfect lap is always just out of reach there on the horizon and never to be obtained.

time submitted. i literally just spent a little time yesterday testing each car to determine which one i felt most comfortable w/, and then ran a few laps today w/ it, just straight up, no tuning, etc. so we'll see where that gets me. i feel good about the time i have for the amount of time i spent

I don't think I've won but I should be second. I left .3-.4 out there now that I've replicated the time I submitted again, I did another lap and was up .374 on that time after S2 and blew the lap going under the Billy Mitchell Bridge.

Back