GTPlanet Attchmnt question

  • Thread starter Thread starter epic
  • 16 comments
  • 858 views
Messages
2,223
United States
Miami
All the time when I attach something it takes forever and ever to load upload it.. whether I'm on 56k or a Cable modem, it still takes the same amount of time. This happen to anyone else or is it just me? :(
 
Yeah, I think it happens to everyone. I never thought about asking about it though. Just something you deal with, ya know?
 
I thought it was my internet at first, so I wanted to make sure what it was
 
yeah,.. I noticed at GTN it takes about 5 seconds, whereas here it takes about 60 seconds.
 
Happens with me all the time , usually get the ' server is not responding' page and have to close of the site then re-open it .
 
I just open another webpage and sometimes it speeds the uploading process up
 
Originally posted by epic
I just open another webpage and sometimes it speeds the uploading process up

huh,.. sounds bass-ackwards to me,... but hey, whatever works.
 
I've noticed that several times also. I'll get a "connection timed out" or "this page failed to display." But the file will still have uploaded.
 
I mentioned this not long ago then Jordan rambled on about something and I was confussed!

I am also experiencing this nighmare!
 
We already had a thread about this, and Jordan wanted the sites ping times. It still happpens to me.

OA
 
Yes, attaching files is slow for me as well. I think the fact that our attachments database is quickly approaching 1 GB doesn't help speed it up. Hopefully vB3 will improve this, but other than that I really don't know what else I could do.
 
Originally posted by Jordan
Yes, attaching files is slow for me as well. I think the fact that our attachments database is quickly approaching 1 GB doesn't help speed it up. Hopefully vB3 will improve this, but other than that I really don't know what else I could do.


What about purging old crap? Or is the release of v3 just around the corner?
 
I just really dont want to do that. vB3 is probably a month or two away.
 
Hopefully vB3 will sort something out, because it's just not good enough, Jordan. Call yourself a Webmaster?!
 
You guys complaining about the speed need to remember that what you're uploading is being sent from your computer to the GTP server, and this will take some time. Especially for 56K users, who often forget that this is just the downstream (i.e. server to client) speed. The Upstream speed is stuck at 33.6K, due to the general rubbishness of the analogue telephone system.
 
True, but I find it quicker to upload images over at an art site then use IMG tags to get it over here.
 
Back