GTPLANET DRIVECLUB TRIBUTE CHALLENGE

France
Nantes
P308R
Hello All,

After seeing and reading about DRIVECLUB still going strong I thought that maybe it would be nice to run a one time tribute event here at GTPLANET.

The event will be send out on FRIDAY 1 FEBRUARI 12.00 CET +2.

The car we all will be driving is the BMW M5 from 2013. I mighty and powerful business saloon which is comfortable, looks great and has nice handling. So no worries about not being able to not keep it on track :scared: It should be enjoyable for all of you :gtpflag:
DRIVECLUB™_20190129224734.png

What you need to do to participate is:
  • Send Friend Request to P308R
  • State your PSN ID in this thread
  • Fire up the game at the according date
  • Find your invitation that was created by P308R (you'll see the car, track and conditions)
  • Have fun and set a time
DRIVECLUB™_20190129225411.png

The event will stay open for 2 weeks which gives everyone enough time to participate between all those other great games you need to play!

Participants:
  • ScaffUK
  • Mr--Grandy
  • VJP77 (no fr recieved)
  • GTP_LeGeNd-1
  • Neil Pearl Jam
  • Andy-Macnab
  • Outspacer
  • Buzz1991
  • OJT6627
  • P308R

See you on track :cheers:

Regards,
doblocruiser

Last edited:
Just as long as the time is not awkward, I'm in. PSN: VJP77.

You have 2 weeks to set a time 2clicks. The event will show up and expire by itself. Must be largely enough time to give it a gentle go 👍

Last edited:
I'm in, you have my PSN already :D

Doblo being the main organiser you must have advance knowledge and practised on the track combo though :mad: I kid, I kid, 3 weeks is more than enough time to set a decent time to negate any early prep. Shame I'll be away for 2 weeks from Monday but I'll make sure to give it a good crack this weekend 👍

I'm in, you have my PSN already :D

Doblo being the main organiser you must have advance knowledge and practised on the track combo though :mad: I kid, I kid, 3 weeks is more than enough time to set a decent time to negate any early prep. Shame I'll be away for 2 weeks from Monday but I'll make sure to give it a good crack this weekend 👍

I am not such a cheap cheat :lol: I've ran the combo a couple of times at low speed to get the conditions right and I never crossed the finish line. I will set a generic easy time friday morning and then send it out 👍

Goodmorning All,

The event just went live. The event will run for 2 weeks and if you want to join in the coming days, please send me a friend request through PSN and I will send the challenge. Have fun everyone :cheers:

DRIVECLUB™_20190201111613.png

@doblocruiser Thank you for organising this! I forgot how awesome this game was to play, fighting for seconds in those time challenges. I'm very rusty though. :nervous:

You're welcome. The car handles nice but the track has some nice surprises :)

Even rusty you'll be fast. Still have nightmares from seeing your ghost popin up in front of me .....

Just gave it 3 goes yesterday. Still some time left on the table but luxo barges aren't my forte :lol: The combo itself is pretty tame though. I was expecting an Atom full grid Legend race at night in full stormy conditions :scared: :lol:

Just gave it 3 goes yesterday. Still some time left on the table but luxo barges aren't my forte :lol: The combo itself is pretty tame though. I was expecting an Atom full grid Legend race at night in full stormy conditions :scared: :lol:

I thought to make it docile so everyone can enjoy the combo. If I've added all the stormy things with some hyper machine I was afraid many wouldn't even dare ;)

:cheers:

I can't manage to get a clean run, it will require some time. As in the first sector I can get up to -0,8 of your time, but then I loose my momentum constantly.

I can't manage to get a clean run, it will require some time. As in the first sector I can get up to -0,8 of your time, but then I loose my momentum constantly.

You run with a wheel or controller? I did about 3 runs this morning (wheel) and was surprised by the time. I must admit that I have redone all TT's in the career which removed that 'rust' :lol:

For now with a controller, I did some test runs with a wheel and it's much better to control the car, but I don't have a stand yet (so the little ikea table was all around the floor). Going to make DIY one next week probably, as I have car seat from volvo 340 waiting to be used. :lol:

Oh wow, it only took you 3 tries to get down to 2:42:xxx? Damn.... It took me like 20 tries at least overall to get under 2:42:xxx

For now with a controller, I did some test runs with a wheel and it's much better to control the car, but I don't have a stand yet (so the little ikea table was all around the floor). Going to make DIY one next week probably, as I have car seat from volvo 340 waiting to be used. :lol:

Oh wow, it only took you 3 tries to get down to 2:42:xxx? Damn.... It took me like 20 tries at least overall to get under 2:42:xxx

I thought you used a controller when seeing your ghost ;)

A Volvo 340 seat huh, that has been a while I've seen one... If I create a DIY , my wife probably fires me and my PS4 into the garage so I'll stick to cling it on to my dead cheap Ikea desk :lol:

@doblocruiser Haha yeah they are quite rare nowadays, unfortunately mine went to the scrapyard last week after 31 years of life. :guilty:

Some fun with 340 day before scrapyard

Hopefully I can bite some more time with a wheel next week. :cheers:

Had a first few tries. Haven't played the game in a long while

Pretty much perfectly nailed the first sector, but botching some corners on the next two sectors

Still, managed to get under 2:42. I think i can even push it to 2:40.something, but that will take more time than i have today.

Will give it a go tomorrow again. Y'all guys fast :lol: @doblocruiser @Gr4ndy

Back