FoolKiller

Don't be a fool.
Premium
United States
Frankfort, KY
GTP_FoolKiller
FoolKiller1979

Time for Fantasy Football!!!

Returning players should be have emails already, new members should send me a PM with an email address they would like an invite sent to. I opened up all allowable team slots (20) so that new and old members can all join. We welcome all new members. Just remember, on draft day the kicker is your most important position.

We need to discuss when the best time to draft would be. Right now most dates are free on Yahoo.

Also, if anyone wants to talk rule changes now is the time to do it.

First game of the season is September 5th

When you sign up let me know what your team name is. All registered teams will be listed below.

1) FoolKiller - The Happy Monks (Commissioner)
2) Omnis - Joe Philbin's Head
3) Patrick - Hernandez's Hitmen
4) Chqr - False Enthusiasm
5) Spacegoat - The Shield
6) Blitz - Blitz's Bold Team
7) UnoMOTO - The Wicky Radsters
8) Villain - Sixty Niners (2012 Champs)
9) Joey D - Browncoats
10) Sanji Himura - Azle Avengers
11) JFM92_GTRacer - Az-Zahir Hakim!
12) Dolph Drago - The Expendables
13) Morrac32 - Texas Twisters
14) Noob616 - The Shuttlecocks

And now, comedy.

Not that what they really say is any better.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a second I thought I would be talked about when "comedy" was mentioned. :lol:

One question, is the current starting line up still QB, WR, WR, RB, W/R, TE, K, DEF? If so, can we open discussion on changing the line up to QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DEF, or is the system not possible?

Just adding another RB slot would be great. I think it was brought p towards the end of last season.

Current system is fine for me.

There are 26 NFL teams who will probably have a feature back this season. 6 will run most likely by committee. There are 16 of us so simply not enough starting RBs to go around.

Last season's roster settings were fine. If ain't broke, don't fix it.

I still don't like the fact that I would be forced to choose a WR or a RB in a W/R position. The majority, if not all, of the league will also run a two TE set in their offensive playbooks. I'm more angry over the fact that I can't start another TE when my third WR or RB is either hurt or under performing.

I keep thinking similarly, but then I keep following that logic until I come to the conclusion that there should be five non-QB spots that are all W/R/T.

As you all know from last season, I'm all game for 2 TEs but even then the amount of strong fantasy TEs is quite slim but since you're adding to a flex, it seems much more applicable.

....there are 16 (20 FK said) of us so simply not enough starting RBs and WR and QB to go around.

Fixed

If there are really 20 of us playing and we have just one QB and one back up, the bye weeks are going to look real ugly for us. Are there really 40 quality QB's in the league? And what happens when RGIII finally does get his head taken off?

If we really are going to 20, the bench slots need to be quite small to prevent hording.

I left it open because it locks out the slots for last year's teams. Unless I go in and manually remove everyone's reserved space there are only 4 open slots for new players. We average a two or three new player rotation every year, but the issue with the guys leaving is that many just fade away and I don't know their intent.

You will also note that I changed the sign up option to invite only. Once we get a 12th player I am holding invites until I have two more and then reserving 15th and 16th for late returning players. We'd have an even 12 now if Max Powers hadn't decided to be a racist ass.

Ah yes good point. Yahoo! is slightly backward in that sense.

If we get 20 active season-long owners then there can't be too much complaints but expecting 20 active owners is a stretch when we only really had 12-14 last season.

Nonetheless, I just FK's judgement on this one.

Ah yes good point. Yahoo! is slightly backward in that sense.

If we get 20 active season-long owners then there can't be too much complaints but expecting 20 active owners is a stretch when we only really had 12-14 last season.

Nonetheless, I just FK's judgement on this one.

I'm trying to exercise more control so we don't run into the situation where someone must sign up or drop out in order to draft. I only expect two more players from last year.

Speaking of draft: Last year someone mentioned an auction draft, where it simulates a salary cap scenario. That is an option. On one hand, it has a similar effect as a rule my pay league had, where you must draft all starters before the bench. This prevents someone from drafting a bench full of RBs and WRs to use for trade extortion. At the same time, it adds a complexity to the draft that makes it a little less fun than the drunken trash-talk session it should be. Thoughts?

Auction drafts aren't bad, but I feel like they take a while. Fine with whatever though. Auto draft bots can make Auction drafts a pain too.

I'd be up to join this year, I need something to do at college all year. Don't know the NFL all that well as far as particular players go though.

Just looking through my team from last year. Forgot how screwed I was, with my top WR's falling to injuries towards the end of season. Ended up having to on rely guys like Hilton, Avant, Givens, Walter & Lafell. Hopefully I have better luck this year. :lol:

Last edited:
Just looking through my team from last year. Forgot how screwed I was, with my top WR's falling to injuries towards the end of season. Ended up having to on rely guys like Hilton, Avant, Givens, Walter & Lafell. Hopefully I have better luck this year. :lol:

Looking at my team from last year:

Andy Dalton
Michael Crabtree (out for 2013 season with torn achilles)
Justin Blackmon (suspended for 4 games with PEDs)
Montell Owens (now a Lion and 3rd string behind LeShoure and Bush)
Dennis Pitta (out for 2013 season with hip injury)
Josh Gordon (suspended for at least 2 games with PEDs)
Nick Foles (now backup to Vick most likely)
Bilal Powell (3rd string behind Goodson and Ivory)
Mike Tolbert (3rd string behind DeAngelo and Stewart)
Alex Green (3rd string behind Lacy, Franklin and maybe Starks)
Clay Harbor (well Chip Kelly's tried playing him as a linebacker. nuff said)
Zach Miller
Kai Forbath
Josh Brown
Denver DEF
Carolina DEF

If this was a keeper league, I'd be crying haha.

I still don't like the fact that I would be forced to choose a WR or a RB in a W/R position. The majority, if not all, of the league will also run a two TE set in their offensive playbooks. I'm more angry over the fact that I can't start another TE when my third WR or RB is either hurt or under performing.

I get that you're not a fan of the flex W/R, but there was a shortage of players last year. One TE spot is all that there needs to be. The TE situation with 16 players is pretty slim. If you think, there are 32 teams in the NFL and the Gronk/Witten/Gonzalez types aren't the norm for every offense.

I like the idea of:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
K
D

If you want a flex then I think we could survive adding it in on top of those, but between injuries and the size of this league, I fear that quality players will be spread thin. Some guys are really gonna hurt when injuries start happening and the best available replacement is a 3rd string blocking TE from Buffalo.

I thought 16 is pushing it, but 20? Whoa.

Yeah, the idea of a 20 team league is horrifying. 16 is pushing it, if you ask me.

I'd be up to join this year, I need something to do at college all year. Don't know the NFL all that well as far as particular players go though.

You'll do alright, we're not that serious. At least from my perspective, 100% of last season's smack talk was all jokes and in good fun. The only thing I'd ask is that if you're interested in joining for the season, you need to be active for the season - even if you're in last place. Don't give up in week 4 and punt the season by trading off good players to make things uneven for the rest of us (thankfully, this hasn't happened yet).

It's not fun to watch/play someone who's starting 3 guys who are out with injuries. It's football, you only need to pay attention 2-3 days a week.

As for league size I've had a 13th member request to join. If we decide to cap it at 14, I can do that. That will help with the roster availability.

Side note: Did TwinTurbos94 change his name? He's the only previous player left that I expect back.

Villain
You'll do alright, we're not that serious. At least from my perspective, 100% of last season's smack talk was all jokes and in good fun. The only thing I'd ask is that if you're interested in joining for the season, you need to be active for the season - even if you're in last place. Don't give up in week 4 and punt the season by trading off good players to make things uneven for the rest of us (thankfully, this hasn't happened yet).

It's not fun to watch/play someone who's starting 3 guys who are out with injuries. It's football, you only need to pay attention 2-3 days a week.

Definitely doable. I have 3 day weekends at school so there's no excuse.

I know football itself reasonably well but I only have a casual knowledge about who is and isn't good. I'm sure the internet will be a good resource though :P

Last edited:
If league size stays at or reduces, I don't see any reason to change the rosters from last season.

If we do somehow get a huge surge of people and we're pushing beyond 16 then perhaps bench slots could be sacrificed but I don't see that happening this season.

Two TE set is retarded. There aren't enough TEs in the league to run that, unless you flexed a TE/WR.

Ok, I'm locking the league at 16. With the current invites I just sent we are at 14. I have a 15th interested. Stop at 14 or go 16?

Three rule questions.

1) Can't cut list? I know that caught some off guard last year. I have never played with can't cuts until last year.

2) Number of playoff teams? 4 or 6? 6 will reduce a week of regular season play.

3) Divisions or open league?

Three rule questions.

1) Can't cut list? I know that caught some off guard last year. I have never played with can't cuts until last year.

I would rather have the option to cut the player

2) Number of playoff teams? 4 or 6? 6 will reduce a week of regular season play.

With 16 teams I vote for 6. If it were twelve or less, I would vote for 4.

3) Divisions or open league?

Open Open Open...

Latest Posts

Back