GTPlanet Fantasy Football League '08 - WEEK 14 It's Playoff Time!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 346 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoolKiller

Don't be a fool.
Premium
United States
Frankfort, KY
GTP_FoolKiller
FoolKiller1979
OK, so it is getting close to that time again.

I just renewed the league.

• We need to discuss draft date/time.
  • We need to discuss any rule changes.

I hope to see everyone back and then some.

For new members:
You need a Yahoo account. It is free and you can put in whatever fake information you want. Plus it gives you a new email address to use for spam.

To Join go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup
Click on Join a League
The League ID# is: 137182
The Password is: gtp

Once you join, please post here giving us your team name.

GTP Name - Team Name
  1. FoolKiller - The Happy Monks (Commissioner)
  2. UnoMOTO - wicky radsters
  3. JFM92_GTRacer - Team Infrared
  4. Max Powers - The Babies
  5. TwinTurbos94 - Centurion Eagles
  6. Danoff - Mighty Turduckens
  7. VashTheStampede - The STDs
  8. JoeyD - Shovel Bums
  9. Speedy Samurai - The Stiff-arms
  10. thugbear2005 - The Wildcats
  11. Earth - Mud Dogs

Last edited:
I was out of the country last year (and away from any internet access) when you guys started this, but I should be able to do it this year. I play in a league for work every year, and usually start another up for my friends, so I've got a lot of experience with fantasy football.

I'll sign up my team tonight or tomorrow.

Alright, three confirmed and one coming soon. This is already going much quicker than last year.

Maybe I shouldn't have done last year last minute.

I got your e-mail. I signed up

Team Infrared!
You playing this year? :sly:

And while this thread is still slow: You think the Rams will actually have any kind of Defense, or O-line, or anything other than offense this year? Honestly, a good offensive attack doesn't do you any good if your QB has broken ribs and your RB can't get out of the backfield.

So far, everyone who has posted has been added.

One thing guys, as we approach draft time and we start getting players stats in and whatnot don't forget to rank your draft order.

This serves two possible purposes:

1) You can sort your player list by your ranking in the draft and basically always have your next desired player at the top of his position.

2) If you miss the draft the system will automatically pick for you based on your list. Otherwise it goes based on the Yahoo! Sports rankings.

I am also in again this year and hopefully my team will decide to actually show up in the championship game this year, instead of mailing that week in.

I will get back to you with a team name and maybe suggest a rule change or two.

Alright, three confirmed and one coming soon. This is already going much quicker than last year.

Maybe I shouldn't have done last year last minute.

You playing this year? :sly:

And while this thread is still slow: You think the Rams will actually have any kind of Defense, or O-line, or anything other than offense this year? Honestly, a good offensive attack doesn't do you any good if your QB has broken ribs and your RB can't get out of the backfield.

Yeah, expect me to be more active. I just got a MacBook, so i'll have access to the internet more easily now than before.

As for our Rams, i can't wait to see Long, Carriker, and also Little, (if he could become the player he was before). We all saw what a powerful D Line can do. I think i can finally become confident in our defense.

Offensively, I don't know. McMichael didn't do much last season. And I don't even know if we can stay healthy.

I am in. I now have digital cable and an HDD box so hopefully I can watch some games over here.

Team: The Stiff-arms

OK, we are up to nine and I am capping this at 12. Already much better than last year.

I'm in, but I don't have a name yet.
I am also in again this year and hopefully my team will decide to actually show up in the championship game this year, instead of mailing that week in.

I will get back to you with a team name and maybe suggest a rule change or two.
Just because I don't want you guys to get locked out by Yahoo! if a bunch 4 or 5 more signup before you set up a team I suggest jumping in there and throwing up something generic. You can change your team name later.

I am in. I now have digital cable and an HDD box so hopefully I can watch some games over here.

Team: The Stiff-arms
If not NFL.com, CBSSports.com, FoxSports.com, and various others do live stat tracking. Of course, that would mean you being up at like 1:00 AM to watch games.

Which makes me think of something: How will you do the draft? Are you going to stay up late/get up early or just have Yahoo! auto-draft for you?

I want to be as inclusive as possible, so if you have any ideas how this can work with you let me know.

Which makes me think of something: How will you do the draft? Are you going to stay up late/get up early or just have Yahoo! auto-draft for you?

I want to be as inclusive as possible, so if you have any ideas how this can work with you let me know.

I have no problem staying up late/getting up early once I know exactly what time the draft is (haven't done the math yet). I also have no problem if Yahoo auto-drafts for me. I made a 'my list' of players. Is there a link to the rules we will be using? I am new to this web fantasy thing so pardon any stupid questions I have.

I have no problem staying up late/getting up early once I know exactly what time the draft is (haven't done the math yet). I also have no problem if Yahoo auto-drafts for me. I made a 'my list' of players. Is there a link to the rules we will be using? I am new to this web fantasy thing so pardon any stupid questions I have.
When you log into the league there is a tab at the top of the page that says "Scoring & Settings." If you click on it you will see a long list of all the settings like scoring, roster positions, etc.

Right now it is just set to Yahoo! Default.

----------------------

My first idea:

Also, I am going to extend playoffs to three weeks (six teams). This will allow for more than half the people to get into the playoffs, but it means that if someone starts out rough it will give them less time to catch up.

Centurion Eagles - TwinTurbos94

What you meant to say is...

TwinTurbos94 - Centurion Eagles

It's awesome to see that we are already up to 9 teams. Say good bye to 170 point games. I think it will be much more challenging now that we might have to scrape the bottom of the barrel when the injuries start popping up.

Get a box of tissues boys and keep your crying to yourself!

Yes...I just came in with the first smack talk of the season.

What you meant to say is...

TwinTurbos94 - Centurion Eagles
Doh! :ouch:

Get a box of tissues boys and keep your crying to yourself!

Yes...I just came in with the first smack talk of the season.
Are you allowed to talk smack this early in the season with this in your profile?

skunktrophyqy7.jpg

Let me hear it when your trophy case looks like this:

trophiesqc0.jpg

I should probably note that I haven't been involved in a Fantasy Football League since I was in high school 3 years ago. I'm sure it's changed since then but I did quite well in it, I think I was third out something like 10 people playing. I'll probably have some questions once it gets closer to starting since I'm not really 100% how to do everything with it.

Are you allowed to talk smack this early in the season with this in your profile?

It was my rookie season and don't forget that I was the scoring leader last year. Hard luck match ups on a weekly basis was the only reason I didn't crush you guys into a million tiny little pieces. I'd bet that all of you had your high point game against me, but I expect all that to change this season.

Even If that doesn't matter, tis a new season and there is always room some smack!

I should probably note that I haven't been involved in a Fantasy Football League since I was in high school 3 years ago.

Yahoo makes it really easy to keep up with your team and what changes you could and should make during the season.

I should probably note that I haven't been involved in a Fantasy Football League since I was in high school 3 years ago. I'm sure it's changed since then but I did quite well in it, I think I was third out something like 10 people playing. I'll probably have some questions once it gets closer to starting since I'm not really 100% how to do everything with it.
The bonus here is that it is a free league. So, even if you screw it up the worst that happens is we make a few jokes and then we forget about it by January.

I actually have a lot more fun with free leagues. The league I am in with my friends started free, then it was $5 from the lowest score that week, with the winner getting the money. Then it was $5 entry, winner gets the entry money, with the highest score of the week getting $5 from the lowest score.

And now it has managed to get up to $20 entry with the high and low score money. As the money racks up it gets to be stressful. Now I don't have nearly as much fun after our draft.

And I had to drop out of the work league because it got up to a $50 entry fee with the money split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

The bonus with the GTPlanet league is that it is free, and I imagine making it a pay league would be a very hard case to negotiate as no one wants to put their cash in to a pot controlled by someone they do not know in person.

That and as long as I am here I will commission a free league.

At the end of the year a free league is just more fun for me because even if I am losing I can still laugh about it.

That said: Last year UnoMOTO did pony up for a prize.

I wear my GTP shirt with pride.
dscf1813lh4.jpg

That said: Last year UnoMOTO did pony up for a prize.

I wear my GTP shirt with pride.

I will offer that same $20 value prize from the GTPlanet store to this years champion.

Thank you for not showing us a picture of yourself in the thong you also picked out. :scared:

jitcrunchyh3.jpg

That is definitely mighty kind of you UnoMOTO.

I agree that free leagues are more fun, but only if pretty much everyone in the league keeps up with what is going on.

Any other takers?

3 spots left, don't delay or risk being left out of the fun!

Put the thread link in your sig files, and if you know anyone that may be interested send them a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back