GTPlanet Fantasy Football League - FoolKiller Wins!!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 355 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Foolkiller. Even though you botched the draft by taking a kicker and defense waaaaaaaay too early,
With kickers and defenses regularly getting double digits this year it could be argued that they were more important than tight ends.

Like so many this year, I was playing without my first round draft selection basically the entire year. As a result, I'm pretty happy with 3rd. It was a crazy year for fantasy football. I have to say I'm happy to have this one in the books.
I have to say that I have no clue how anyone made decent decisions this year. It seems like everyone was grasping as injuries and whatnot just destroyed entire teams.

With kickers and defenses regularly getting double digits this year it could be argued that they were more important than tight ends.

Tight ends can be predicted. That's why it's useless to draft a kicker or defense. Who was good going into this year? Vinatieri? Chicago? Ravens? Gould? It's a crap shoot.

Tight ends can be predicted. That's why it's useless to draft a kicker or defense. Who was good going into this year? Vinatieri? Chicago? Ravens? Gould? It's a crap shoot.

I dropped both my drafted defenses and both drafted kickers sometime around mid season. I learned much about how I will draft for next year, defense and kickers will probably be my last picks for next year.

Got my shirt in yesterday. :D

My wife asked what the logo was and I said it was a pixelized planet. She still didn't see it so I had to point out the continents. She then says, "Oh, I thought it was a rabbit." Huh? "Well, there are his ears, his backpack, and his tail." :odd:

My wife asked what the logo was and I said it was a pixelized planet. She still didn't see it so I had to point out the continents. She then says, "Oh, I thought it was a rabbit." Huh? "Well, there are his ears, his backpack, and his tail." :odd:

Great. Now I see a rabbit.

Silly rabbit..."logo's are for Champions"

Let's have a bit of post season review with a fun twist.

Please tell us about your team.

Who was your MVP? Randy Moss

Who was your best draft pick? Adrian Peterson

Who was your worst draft pick? Mcnabb or Young

What player suprised you the most? Randy Moss

Who was your best mid season pick up? D. Anderson or W. Welker

Which player that got injured hurt you the most? Ronnie Brown

Which player frustrated you the most? Willy Paker, 1300 yards and only TWO TD's.

Are we talking team or league MVP?

Team MVP: Reggie Wayne
Best Pick: Andre Johnson (round 7) / Braylon Edwards (round 11)
Worst Pick: Shaun Alexander (round 1)
Surprise: Shaun Alexander
Best Acquisition: Rob Bironas / Torry Holt
Frustration: Shaun Alexander
Most Damage to Team: Shaun Alexander / Antonio Gates

I list Gates as co-damage champion because he may have single-handedly cost me the title in this league. He turned in a horrible performance in the semi-finals, leaving me short by less than his usual point total. In the final week, I outscored all other teams ensuring that I'd have first place if not for his weak showing.

• Team MVP: Brian Westbrook

Carried my team most of the year, enough said.

• Best Pick: Drew Brees (Round 5)

Not for the first part of the season though, but tore up the second half. Otherwise I would say Brian Westbrook in Round 2. Did not really have any best picks in this draft.

• Worst Pick: Donald Driver (Round 6)/Todd Heap (Round 7)

Driver did not have a lot of production fantasy-wise, even though he had a solid year. Todd Heap did not even finish the year on my roster.

• Surprise: Steve Smith

I expected him to be better than what he did. I guess playing with eight different quarterbacks will do that to you.

• Best Acquisition: Brandon Marshall

Solid performances down the stretch.

• Frustration: Without a doubt, Steven Jackson . . . hurt most of the year.

Frustrating in that he did not play for a lot of the year.

• Most Damage to Team: Steven Jackson/Drew Brees/Jon Kitna

Honestly expected Jon Kitna to tear it up this year and that offense ended up stinking. Not having Stephen Jackson hurt a bunch. Drew Brees stunk it up the first half of the season.

MVP: Tony Romo - Nearly every week he performed and did the most for the team all season.

Best draft pick: Tomlinson - LT started slow but put up the points when it mattered.

Worst draft pick: Marvin Harrison - did he ever play?

Suprised you the most: Kevin Curtis or Tony Romo - both were supposed to just be a back-up but ended up being a starter and giving me some clutch points that were the difference in games.

Best mid season pick up? Kevin Curtis

Player that got injured hurt you the most: Marvin Harrison or Marc Bulger. I'm leaning towards Bulger because he played injured and they didn't tell us until after week 3. I would have replaced him sooner if I had known.

Player frustrated you the most: Tomlinson - big game, no game, big game, no game. COME ON!!!! Set a record last season and then look like a mere human this season?

I think I have become a sad little man.

After hearing that Grant had 200 yards and 3 TD's, I turned to my wife and said "WOW...thats 38 fantasy points" with out even blinking an eye.

She gives me the wife like rolling of the eye's and moves on with her day.

After hearing that Grant had 200 yards and 3 TD's, I turned to my wife and said "WOW...thats 38 fantasy points" with out even blinking an eye.

See, I said the same thing to my wife and she responded that she might have to draft him next year.

See, I said the same thing to my wife and she responded that she might have to draft him next year.

Speaking of wife related football conversations. My wife has been completely ranting lately about the Romo-Simpson combination. She is so pissed about that match up that she wouldn't draft Romo again next year if he is dating that skank.

She blames Simpson showing up at that first game for Romo bombing that game and thus her losing the championship of her league. No...she is not holding a grudge...why do you ask? :rolleyes:

That's odd. I seriously doubt that simpson had any impact on Romo. Like she's not watching at home if she's not at the game? She is a bit skanky, but comeon, Romo is a football player.

She blames Simpson showing up at that first game for Romo bombing that game and thus her losing the championship of her league. No...she is not holding a grudge...why do you ask? :rolleyes:
Yeah, because normal women hate on skanky/hot/slutty/remotely considered good looking celebrities dating hot/cute celebrity guys for normal reasons outside of football.

I seriously doubt that simpson had any impact on Romo.

She'll have none of that rubbish no matter what I tell her.

Yeah, because normal women hate on skanky/hot/slutty/remotely considered good looking celebrities dating hot/cute celebrity guys for normal reasons outside of football.

It's really not as much about looks as it's a woman getting in the head of a man.

It's really not as much about looks as it's a woman getting in the head of a man.
Come on, let's all be honest. The women rationalize that to themselves so they don't have to admit jealousy.

Hopefully she doesn't mind it the other way 'round.

She wouldn't be my wife if such were the case.

Come on, let's all be honest. The women rationalize that to themselves so they don't have to admit jealousy.

If it were "The Rock", then you'd have a point. That's her man-love celeb. Romo just didn't score with the football when she needed him to because he was scoring with the air head.

I think you took me literally when I meant to be taken figuratively. I was basically making a dirty joke.

No No No...I completely got where you were coming from. I have good reasons for making this woman my wife! :sly:

wifeymi5.jpg

bikewifeyzg6.jpg

She lays on the hoods of cars for me...

She knows how to handle crotch rockets...

What more do I need?

You're Lucky I hope I find someone like that in my young life.

anyways...

Who was your MVP? Tom Brady

Who was your best draft pick? Tom Brady

Who was your worst draft pick? Reggie Bush (flopped BADLY)
What player suprised you the most? Randy Moss

Who was your best mid season pick up? Farve
Which player that got injured hurt you the most? IDK

Which player frustrated you the most?Reggie bush

I'm upset UNO took AP from me during the draft. I had my eye on him only to be taken away from me the turn before my pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back