GTPlanet Lime Rock Hot Lap Board (750+ Times!)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 257 comments
Also, @Im_Lukas, that was a good time in that FNF Charger, I barely saw it last night as I was getting off. Totally didn't expect that car to be competitive.

I was just as surprised, never tuned it before and knew it was competitive on speed tracks from what I'd seen online, but decided to try and take a different approach and got it handling nicely round Lime Rock, it's still more of a power car but it really holds its own.

--

Here are some more times, the modified Skyline time should have been on the leaderboards but by the end of my run I'd disconnected from XBL. :(

Stock:

00:51.022 - 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport - 740 HP - 3042 LBS - MR - 835 - lukas2121 - Controller
01:04.152 - 1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350 - 275 HP - 3150 LBS - FR - 309 - lukas2121 - Controller
01:06.251 - 1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R - 158 HP - 2524 LBS - FR - 277 - lukas2121 - Controller

Modified:

00:51.789 - 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona F&F Edition - 931 HP - 3124 LBS - FR - 800 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:52.650 - 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS F&F Edition - 515 HP - 2994 LBS - 4WD - 800 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:52.813 - 1971 AMC Javelin AMX - 994 HP - 2941 LBS - FR - 799 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:52.993 - 1967 Volvo 123GT - 928 HP - 2126 LBS - FR - 800 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:54.227 - 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona F&F Edition - 698 HP - 3065 LBS - FR - 700 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:55.353 - 1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E - 481 HP - 1864 LBS - FR - 700 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:56.182 - 1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R - 287 HP - 2238 LBS - FR - 600 - lukas2121 - Controller

These are the 3 stock cars I found most fun to drive within the January DLC. I completely agree with others that the Lykan feels as if it has more than that 740 HP, it's an absolute rocket down the straights which may be why I've heard some people complain about the brakes but as you're arriving that much faster I don't think they're that bad.

The Monaro was great fun I really enjoyed having lower power in a muscle car but it was still enough for the rear to step out, I think I had done around 30 laps trying to shave some more time off and there's still some more left to claim, I'll have to revisit this one some time and try to push for a 1:03.

I thought the Skyline handled really nice, apart from the first little sector it was mostly just a quick dab of the brakes or a little lift off the throttle to get it slowed down enough for the corners, this is IMO the best looking Skyline especially the taillights and at least in FM6 it sounds great too.

--

On to the modified cars, there's a couple of real competitive cars here chucked in with some cars not really suitable for Lime Rock.

Dodge Charger Daytona F&F - I really didn't think it would be too good around Lime Rock before I first tried it in A class, I'd seen the car could be competitive on speed tracks but I'd never seen someone seriously try to turn it in to a handling machine and that's where it surprised me. It still has more power than cars around it but I've really done all I can to get it handling as well as it does. I really like the feel of this car, it's like a modern sports car interpretation of the classic Charger Daytona where you get the looks but apart from that it's a whole new car. In S class it was only able to reach the class limit by adding all that power but it still behaves and doesn't lose any of it's cornering abilities.

Mitsubishi Eclipse F&F - I first tried leaving this as FWD, big mistake. Wheelspin at over 100 mph and wouldn't handle corners unless you could refrain from even touching the throttle a little bit. So then I converted it to 4WD, it could now handle corners great but it struggles so much on the straights, the engine makes it feel like I'm losing 100 HP, I can't really recommend this as an S class car as even with a track where handling means so much it loses out to the more powerful Charger Daytona.

AMC Javelin & Volvo 123GT -
These 2 are in no way suitable for this track, they're both great for speed tracks and to top it off 799 is the highest PI the Javelin can reach without converting to 4WD. As you can imagine they're faster than even the Lykan down the front straight, especially the Volvo which weighs so little. They both handle quite similar despite the Javelin being quite a lot heavier but that is most likely down to the little Volvo's biggest weakness, the tyres only reach 235 mm wide so it runs out of grip very quickly, and putting down 900+ HP is difficult enough on the Javelin's 325s (?) with all that extra weight. 2 of my favourite S class cars and hearing a guys reaction in game chat geting blown away by the Volvo's acceleration was priceless.

Opel Kadett - I intend to revisit this car and develop it in to a more manageable car I can use for online racing, but maybe also chuck the twin turbo on it and go racing in S class. The handling rating was 5.5 which I think really undersells it's ability, if we exclude the uphill corner (it had a tendency to break loose) it was fantastic, and was very close to the Charger Daytona in the handling department. Acceleration was great and I can see it being very competitive on tracks like Long Beach where acceleration is probably the most important part of the car.

Modified Skyline - My fastest B class time, and it's no surprise when you drive it and it's just better at everything than the other cars I've used. It even manages to beat the mighty modified A class Range Rover :lol:. Not much else to say with this one, apart from hopefully next time I run it in rivals it can go on the leaderboard.

At the moment I haven't posted a time for the Formula Mazda, still working on tuning them last few hundredths in test drive, but all I will say is there are very few cars which can actually match it in S class :eek:.

00:58.400 - 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - 556 HP - 3931 LBS - FR - 567 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.081 - 1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - 375 HP - 3196 LBS - MR - 568 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.808 - 2011 Audi RS 5 Coupé - 442 HP - 3830 LBS - 4WD - 568 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.642 - 1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage - 250 HP - 1323 LBS - FR - 574 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.681 - 2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept - 400 HP - 3650 LBS - FR - 575 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.989 - 2009 Audi RS 6 - 570 HP - 4376 LBS - 4WD - 581 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.080 - 2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello - 508 HP - 3815 LBS - FR - 585 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.402 - 2002 Lotus Esprit V8 - 350 HP - 2851 LBS - MR - 585 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.428 - 2012 BMW M5 - 552 HP - 4123 LBS - FR - 588 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.846 - 2013 Audi RS 4 Avant - 444 HP - 3957 LBS - 4WD - 590 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.293 - 2011 Lotus Evora S - 345 HP - 3168 LBS - MR - 591 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
It's like a modern day muscle car. With grip. Far more composed than you'd expect given the power and weight, it didn't feel out of its depth here. Supercharger whine is a great addition to the engine note. The brakes are firm and powerful, which is all the best for something capable of getting on the fun side of 140mph before Turn 1.

1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
I never really got into the 355 until I got older. When GT1 came out and got me into cars, the 360 Modena was the new hotness at Maranello, so I gravitated towards that. But this is such a sweet-handling machine. The 40-valve V8 is a peach, and much like the NSX – the car that out-Ferrari'd the 348 – this flies around the track thanks to light weight, fantastic balance, and a relative lack of torque. As a testament to the talent in this group, it ends up down in sixth after originally posting in at 2nd when this time was run.

2011 Audi RS 5 Coupé
Landing in the upper half of the glut of Audi models on the board, the RS5 just can't clear the M4, though it does eke out a lead on the RC F. It drives much the same as the similarly-powered RS4, but with more planted feel, possibly due to the difference in track and wheelbase. The engine has a distinct metallic howl compared to the E92's slightly smaller unit.

1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
I've seen these online once in a while, and while they would clobber any of my cars on the straights, they always looked an inch away from disaster in the turns. I now know why. In a car that makes the Elise look fat, with narrow tires, this is a challenge to keep pointed in the right direction. It's fun though, and the high profile of those tires gives it a wonderful malleability that you don't get on the modern stuff. It didn't feel exceptionally quick over the course of the lap, which made it's chart-topping time all the more surprising. Shame the noise is a letdown.

2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
I really wish T10 would've just waited to include the production model. Anyway, you get a sense of limitless grip pretty early on, as those huge show-circuit wheels are smeared in rubber, but what also came up was the Q60's propensity for bonfiring the rears under fairly pedestrian actions. The indicator would show I'd overheated them often, but the laps weren't anything out of the ordinary. Quite a weird one, this.

2009 Audi RS 6
Another Audi, another high 58. It's already fascinating to think that we had turbo V10 executive sedans pushing out close to 600hp right on the brink of an economic disaster, and the Germans were the purveyors of the new muscle cars more so than any other country. That heavy engine up front dictates the balance though, and the swell of power compared to other four-ringed rides isn't enough to overcome that. Low corner speeds keep the RS6 down the board.

2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
I love this car. It's remembered as a great Ferrari GT, the final evolution of the brand's 90's return to the front-engined layout. Before hyper-alert helms became the norm, and when the cars still looked good, not like bizarre insects. The V12 is velvety, the car feels 3/4 of its weight, and the steering is clean. A surprising thing was the transmission thumping into the next gear on upshifts: it was definitely noticeable after driving the next-up Lotus, and I'm wondering if it's T10 taking a stab at more accurately simulating the paddleshifter this was equipped with. Either way, I wouldn't get tired of this if I had to lap it for hours. In the end, after the routine five, it practically matched its stablemate.

2002 Lotus Esprit V8
That was unexpected. It took until the final turn of my first lap to realize the Esprit was going to be a contender. The cornering speeds are unnerving, because you wouldn't expect it to be capable of such acts. It's a little slower to maneuver through the gearbox than the flappy-paddle Ferrari, but that's not enough to slow it down. That bespoke V8 is a tiny powerhouse, and the car has that trademark Lotus lightness in every move. I really grew to like it after this. Imagine what a Sport 350 could do...

2012 BMW M5
Yep, the bahn-stormer is the fastest road BMW on the board. With 0.35 seconds between it and the M4, I'm a little surprised, as I didn't think it'd lead the newer car, especially by that much. It just misses the CTS-V, though. Like that car, it's remarkably well-behaved, pointing-and-squirting in a way that feels at odds in such a big, powerful car. You could do a lot worse than this...

2013 Audi RS 4 Avant
Audis: the new muscle cars. In the sense that they all sort of blend together, though. The RS4's longer wheelbase compared to older RS4 and the RS5 makes it more stable, and the increased stiffness from the wagon body is welcome, but this thing is heavy for a so-called "compact" exec. That weight blunts the package, and it ends up just behind the coupe car.

2011 Lotus Evora S
Lotus is this class' Mazda, it seems. If it weren't for the nutty Birdcage, they'd have shut out the podium at this point. I'm a big fan of the Evora, and its similarities to the Esprit have always made a face off an interesting proposition to me. The Toyota V6 doesn't sound terrible here, especially overlaid with the supercharger, but it's hardly the sort of heart that possesses the older car. This is capable of the same blinding cornering speeds, but requires a careful hand to stop it from oversteering on Uphill and Downhill. Braking into the first corner feels so good if done right; there will be the faintest hint of oversteer, just as you clip the inside curb going in at about 80mph, and easing off sketches the racing line right through the first portion, before you're pointed at the apex and can stand on the throttle again. Getting within striking distance of the GT350R is quite an accomplishment!

Five modified times for now.

00:54.348 - 2008 BMW M3 - 496 HP - 2993 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller
00:54.357 - 2002 Lotus Espirit - 464 HP - 2876 LBS - MR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller
00:54.735 - 1998 Toyota Supra - 528 HP - 3100 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller
00:54.740 - 2005 Team Forza NSX-R - 397hp - 2656 LBS - MR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller
00:54.783 - 1963 Chevrolet Corvette - 451 HP - 2224 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller

The Supra shocked me. I figured it would have been a bit more sluggish considering the weight, but the meaty rear tires kept it glued to the road so I was able to drive pretty comfortably and power out of the turns.

The M3 took the cake both in lap time and driveability. It had very good front bite while not whipping the rear out. Still couldn't catch @Im_Lukas, though.

The Espirit took a lot more effort than the M3, but the good thing is that I feel I might be able to squeeze a little more out of it. Can't wait to give it a go once I get familiar with it

Last edited:
Wrapping up B, with a bonus new car:

00:56.790 - 2001 Honda S2000 F&F Edition - 330 HP - 2813 LBS - FR - 591 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.812 - 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 405 HP - 3120 LBS - FR - 593 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.797 - 1984 Ferrari GTO - 395 HP - 2557 LBS - MR - 593 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.751 - 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - 390 HP - 2300 LBS - FR - 594 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.588 - 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - 450 HP - 3495 LBS - FR - 596 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.045 - 1939 Maserati 8CTF - 360 HP - 1764 LBS - FR - 597 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.713 - 1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR - 460 HP - 3450 LBS - FR - 597 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.172 - 2008 Aston Martin DBS - 510 HP - 3737 LBS - FR - 599 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.677 - 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV - 455 HP - 3284 LBS - MR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.403 - 2005 Honda Team Forza NSX-R - 301 HP - 2800 LBS - MR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:48.960 - 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P - 444 HP - 1466 LBS - MR - 858 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2001 Honda S2000 F&F Edition
I had a sneaking suspicion this was going to be fast. The VTEC step-up is nuts, but the car has such reserves of grip that it easily handles all of the power. Keep it in pink for full on intimidation factor. Starts the final ten with a time that would only be bettered by two cars (and one of them, being a TF car, barely counts).

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
This too, was bound to be fast. It was always a track-happy car when new, and it's still popular for autocross to this day. Plus, Vettes have done well so far. Sure enough, this feels fantastic, a solid platform for anybody to be quick in. Doesn't quite beat the S2000 in my hands, but I enjoyed it more.

1984 Ferrari GTO
The Ferrari, more than most cars I've driven, needed some heat in the tires before it started setting quick times. At first, it felt recalcitrant, which was a shock after coming from two heavier cars. But eventually, it finds its groove, the understeer melting away as the Group B-targeting track and wheelbase measurements show off the inherent maneuverability. It didn't feel like a competitor even after it set this time, which might be a good thing.

1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
I really wanted the Shelby to do well. It's a classic, one of the most recognizable shapes in the history of motorsports. But it just couldn't compete in this company. It would benefit immensely from a handling-focused tune, because as is, the suspension just felt soft and truckish by comparison to the other cars, needing ages for turn in. A respectable enough time, it just can't challenge for the top.

2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
I didn't know where the 8C was going to place. I've always liked it, but knew it was hardly a track car. A half second quicker than the 575 is better than I would've imagined, had you asked me before. It feels like an Italian Corvette, but with a bit less body control. That extra mass is hard to reign in.

1939 Maserati 8CTF
This was as insane as the stats would suggest. Would kick its tail out deep into third gear if you so much as looked at the throttle wrong. Utterly nerve-wracking to set a quick time in, I tried my best. You feel like a guide, not a driver.

1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
I remember an old review about this car, praising it for how at home it felt on track. Turn 10, like Pepperidge Farms, remember too. It's such a delight here, not especially difficult, but not in a way that makes it boring. You keep wanting to push for quicker and quicker times. There's enough body roll to tell you what's going on, but no more. The brakes are strong, even without ABS to lean on. Favourite car of the group.

2008 Aston Martin DBS
Never been a fan of the tarted up DB9. It lacks a lot of the elegance of the standard car. But apparently, it's still quick, finishing in 6th on the board in-class, and only a hair off the Shelby GT350R. Impressive!

1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
The Countach is from a time before Lamborghini wanted to be competitive with Ferrari on track as well as off. It doesn't like lapping, and makes sure to tell you about it in the form of low corner speeds and significant understeer. Nooooope.

2005 Honda Team Forza NSX-R
Surprise surprise. The TF NSX-R has even less of a lead over the class than the Z did down below, though, only pulling a 0.3 advantage on the Viper. Despite focusing on what makes the NSX-R great in stock form – handling over more power – this just doesn't flow as nicely as the regular one. It's still quick, and has the ability to be piloted by a dummy, but something about it just doesn't feel as enjoyable.

1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
Despite driving cars this fast in the Leagues all week to earn it, I'm still not comfortable with the speed on display. For race cars, my normal five laps just aren't enough to get familiar, so I tend to run at least double that. The 312 was a model of consistency, running 8 laps in a row all within 0.15 of each other. This was the quickest clean one, though I had sectors showing at least a quarter second is out there on the track still. Lovely sound, and a wonderfully flexible powerplant. Definitely worth the work!

Just 2 times for me this time (both modified), but it's very close at the top of C modified @SlipZtrEm , and now with 3 different drivetrains competing.

00:47.534 - 2013 SRT #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R - 641 HP - 2682 LBS - FR - 897 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:57.704 - 1998 Volkswagen GTI VR6 Mk3 - 195 HP - 2496 LBS - FF - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

Modified time, the last I had from last night.

00:54.319 - 2011 Evora S - 448 HP - 2902 LBS - MR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller

The car didn't seem like it was going to be that good a lap, considering how much understeer it had during certain situations. Regardless of that, the car seems very track focused and will grip no matter what. A good way to get it's nose pointed in more would be to shift it's weight in before a turn, that way a bit into it, it gradually settles itself right before the apex allowing for some late braking.

Nice!

@ImaRobot - Can you reconfirm which Corvette you ran in A Class? There isn't a '63 Vette. :P

I'm assuming it's the '53, since it's the lightest one, but let me know.

I took a break from stock cars to run a variety of cars across three classes. New records in C, B, and A, sorry @Im_Lukas and @ImaRobot! :D

00:54.064 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - 417 HP - 2332 LBS - MR - 700 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.881 - 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 650 HP - 3461 LBS - FR - 700 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.144 - 2005 Honda NSX-R - 310 HP - 2558 LBS - MR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.446 - 2000 Plymouth Prowler - 350 HP - 2950 LBS - FR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.480 - 2011 Lotus Evora S - 345 HP - 3184 LBS - MR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.521 - 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 - 341 HP - 2739 LBS - FR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.940 - 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - 326 HP - 2940 LBS - FR - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.016 - 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 - 301 HP - 2691 LBS - FF - 600 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.622 - 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata - 198 HP - 2252 LBS - FR - 500 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.229 - 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air - 347 HP - 3198 LBS - FR - 500 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.448 - 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R - 256 HP - 2947 LBS - FR - 500 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.555 - 1961 Jaguar E-type S1 - 339 HP - 2815 LBS - FR - 500 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

A Class was a tale of two extremes. The Camaro was nuts, entirely too powerful for such a small track, but it's hilarious fun. The Exige took some dialling in, but then started nailing off consistent laps. It's a 53's car, surely.

I wanted to see if my NSX-R could outrun the stock Team Forza one. It did, just barely. I didn't realize it would just shave enough off the current record to stay on top. The big surprise in B was the Prowler. It felt great, so I might revisit it and see what else I can get out of this particular part combo. The Evora just doesn't have enough PI left to do much with, but looks fantastic. The Sierra understeers pretty severely. The two Mazdas are a team-up I've had since FM4. The rear-driver was silly fast at Sonoma in that game, but an utter handful thanks to the 49/51 weight distribution. The FF car wags its tail almost as much, and is slightly slower here, but far easier to drive.

C Class largely disappointed me, I expected more of the two American cars. The E-type didn't deliver on its in-garage stats, while the Miata unsurprisingly took top honours. I had a horrendous tune on it from the early days, which is probably why I discarded it for so long. With a decent one on, it feels much better.

@SlipZtrEm oh don't you worry, I'll catch that sooner or later :P I just gave it a go and just fell .060 short! If I get a perfect lap I just might break 53. If not it'll be damn close!

So I wanted to post my time in my MX-5 Cup, but I forgot to save the power figures! :X I'll have to wait till after work I suppose :(

I gave it a go @SlipZtrEm, but I just couldn't nail the lap. With each lap that I would pull closer, I would end up getting more and more frustrated :lol: I ended up calling it quits at 54.124. If I can't beat it today, I'll just officially post the time later!

Made a few adjustments to my springs and managed to pull this off: @SlipZtrEm

00:57.593 - 1998 Volkswagen GTI VR6 Mk3 - 195 HP - 2496 LBS - FF - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

I've been 0.08 up in the first sector but not even close with the last sector, I'm jumping from 0.08 up to being 0.15 down by the line, all I need is one more perfect run through the last sector.

I see Rayzer's up there on the rivals leaderboards with a .529 in this Golf which he set on the 2nd day of early access, he's considerably quicker than me but I'm setting my sights on that time to beat.

@mrPetros - Thanks for joining in on the fun! Can you please format your entries the same way the OP details, though: it makes it easier for me to add them in correctly.

@Im_Lukas - I won't be trying to beat that for a while, sir! 👍

Getting back into my stock laps. We're quickly approaching the limits of street cars here...

00:59.164 - 2014 Lamborghini Urus - 552 HP - 4400 LBS - 4WD - 602 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.654 - 1939 Auto Union Type D - 485 HP - 2816 LBS - MR - 603 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:59.608 - 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed - 617 HP - 5115 LBS - 4WD - 607 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.734 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - 345 HP - 2593 LBS - MR - 610 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.403 - 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport C2 F&F Edition - 502 HP - 3384 LBS - FR - 610 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.035 - 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154 - 483 HP - 2683 LBS - FR - 612 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.852 - 2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series - 510 HP - 3854 LBS - FR - 612 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.571 - 2013 Audi RS 7 Sportback - 552 HP - 4310 LBS - 4WD - 614 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.657 - 2013 BMW M6 Coupe - 560 HP - 4255 LBS - FR - 619 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.665 - 1952 Ferrari 375 - 374 HP - 1587 LBS - FR - 621 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2014 Lamborghini Urus
Feels, er, like a big Audi. I suppose that's not terribly surprising, considering it's loosely based on the Cayenne platform, with the Bentley/Audi turbo V8. Fast enough, it just isn't terribly inspiring.

1939 Auto Union Type D
More pre-war insanity. Fast when pointed in the right direction, the main problem is it's rarely pointing in the right direction. The midship engine gives it a different feel than the even crazier Mercedes, but both require careful throttle control. I really like the feeling of torque these machines provide though, being routed through such narrow tires.

2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
A hateful thing. Plows more than a John Deere. The W12 doesn't even sound very nice. A thorough disappointment, this one, I couldn't believe how slow it was.

2012 Lotus Exige S
After just driving a tuned version of this, I expected more. It's far and away the fastest in this group - not exactly a tall order, that - but it oddly pogos from understeer to oversteer and back, all in the course of a single turn. It's very hard to be consistent in it, is what I'm saying. While this is quicker, I think I preferred the Evora.

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport C2 F&F Edition
A lot of fun, even if it wasn't particularly quick. The square-set feel of the car means you can toss it into a turn and drive it on the edge without it biting back. Looks fantastic too. A really easy car to drive, it was probably my favourite of the 10.

1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
Harder to keep straight than the Auto Union. Would gladly spin its tires well into triple digits if you let it. A great tool to teach weight transfer, though: both cars need to be tossed around to get the right slip angles, as it's the only way to get on the power at a reasonable time for quick exits. Takes a lot of work.

2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series
Almost my favourite, but can't keep its weight in check. Feels like it wants to be a track star, but spends too much time at home eating Twinkies. But the sound of that AMG V8...

2013 Audi RS 7 Sportback
Can't remember: fell asleep.

2013 BMW M6 Coupe
Feels far less in control of its body movements than the M5. This does end up significantly faster, but I didn't enjoy it as much. Has a really hard time putting power down effectively.

1952 Ferrari 375
Whoa. A challenge. Crazily fast, it ratchets up the nuttiness of the pre-war cars into a fantastic, high-revving, super-narrow package. A car that should absolutely be steered by the throttle. So much fun!

00:54.124 - 2013 MX-5 Cup - 459 HP - 2474 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller

Never managed to get lower than that :lol:

Last edited:
00:56.238 - 2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato - 510 HP - 3704 LBS - FR - 622 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.394 - 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 - 662 HP - 3898 LBS - FR - 630 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.539 - 1986 MG Metro 6R4 - 250 HP - 2161 LBS - 4WD - 630 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.968 - 2005 TVR Sagaris - 406 HP - 2377 LBS - FR - 631 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.525 - 2002 Nissan Fairlady Z F&F Edition - 486 HP - 3310 LBS - FR - 632 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.513 - 2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG - 577 HP - 4277 LBS - 4WD - 634 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.874 - 2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S - 565 HP - 3671 LBS - FR - 638 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.965 - 2005 Ford GT - 550 HP - 3390 LBS - MR - 640 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.937 - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupé - 550 HP - 3638 LBS - FR - 640 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:58.527 - Tesla Model S P85D - 691 HP - 4830 LBS - 4WD - 641 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
After a disappointing first batch, this is more like it. Direct steering is pointy without being twitchy. That V12 is powerful, but with a broad spread of power that makes it a cinch to scurry out of corners smoothly. It doesn't have the power of the Vanquish, but is barely behind that car. An early favourite.

2013 Ford Shelby GT500
So. Nose. Heavy. The GT500 will obviously destroy its rear tires if you let it, but that's almost your only option in turns, since that heavy monster of an engine up front doesn't let the car rotate. Brake early if you want even a hope of a decent time with this.

1986 MG Metro 6R4
Hilariously skittish, the 6R4's balance is dominated by that high-mounted, midship engine. It'll oversteer into, during, and out of a corner. But tame that with the proper amount of countersteer, and it blows past everything else tested in this class so far. That's despite hitting its limiter on the front straight: yep, it's short-geared to the point of that happening.

2005 TVR Sagaris
Just as they were beginning to sort out their chassis, TVR closed up shop. It's too bad, because this is a beaut. The brakes are strong, the balance is sweet, and that engine seems far more powerful than numbers let on. As the fastest front-engined, rear-drive car in the class, it's also a great drive.

2002 Nissan Fairlady Z F&F Edition
The F&F cars have been a mixed bag so far. The Z is underwhelming: there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but it can't measure up to the fun of the Vette or the talent of the S2000. The tweet of the blowoff valve will have you thinking there's a mouse loose nearby, though!

2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG
Understeer. Going the all-paw route means the car that used to be the best approximation of modern muscle now just feels like an Audi. Still sounds proper, at least.

2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
That time is a disappointment. The S felt so much better than the Zagato in almost every way; a 10% power bump might not sound like a lot, but that V12 took on a new, more savage nature here. It feels significantly stronger at every part of the rev range, and the grip certainly didn't feel diminished. The suspension felt more supple, while also feeling more in charge of the masses involved in hot lapping. Shame, then, that the time just doesn't translate.

2005 Ford GT
Well of course this was going to be fast. The GT has always been a friendly giant of a car; the engine and the looks make it seem intimidating, but it has such a friendly, usable manner that you can't help but love it. It will understeer more than desired if you get on the throttle before the apex, but otherwise, an excellent companion.

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
So close to @Im_Lukas! The Jag is wild, and you can tell that even if it's billed as a more focused sports car after the grand tourer that was the XK, it's still not at home hunting for hundredths. Fun enough though, and the brakes were the surprise of the package, with strong bite.

Tesla Model S P85D
Such a challenge to extract this time. Having no engine noise makes it hard to judge where I need to start braking, and the power of the electric motors is so savage that you need to wait longer than expected before deploying it to all four wheels coming out of turns. A moment too early, and the nautical levels of torque push the car straight. But the sheer shove is awesome, and the car doesn't feel as heavy as is listed. The first road car to hit 100mph before Turn 1 on its standing start lap.

Damn I'm proud of that Lykan lap, felt like it was right on the edge the whole way round and I set it on the last lap of my race. I did save the race replay so I might upload it to Youtube yet when I get the chance.

Both stock: (Lykan is updated)

00:50.516 - 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport - 740 HP - 3042 LBS - MR - 835 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:53.456 - 2004 Maserati MC12 - 624 HP - 3142 LBS - MR - 741 - lukas2121 - Controller

I found a new place where I can really drive much better as there's pressure to not mess up (I can't lose to them pesky AI :lol:), I open my own private lobby, add 5 AI on unbeatable (collisions off) and then limit to whatever car I'm driving with stock upgrades and tuning, then I run 15 lap races of Lime Rock until I'm happy with the time.

The best AI lap for the Lykan was a 52.008, and the best for the MC12 was a 54.645. I did notice one of the AI drivers made the same mistake in every race, with both cars on the first lap which was quite amusing but overall they don't drive too bad.

00:57.957 - 2015 Audi RS 6 Avant - 552 HP - 4266 LBS - 4WD - 642 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.965 - 2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge - 560 HP - 3836 LBS - 4WD - 642 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.664 - 2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT - 542 HP - 3977 LBS - FR - 644 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.069 - 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish - 565 HP - 3834 LBS - FR - 644 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.927 - 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - 245 HP - 1543 LBS - MR - 646 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.423 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 - 505 HP - 3837 LBS - FR - 648 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.533 - 2012 BMW Team Forza M5 - 552 HP - 4123 LBS - FR - 650 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.995 - 2013 Audi Team Forza RS 7 Sportback - 609 HP - 4196 LBS - 4WD - 650 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.396 - 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale - 409 HP - 2844 LBS - MR - 651 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.226 - 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR - 617 HP - 3860 LBS - FR - 652 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.789 - 2014 Ferrari California T - 554 HP - 3813 LBS - FR - 654 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.983 - 1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV - 530 HP - 3474 LBS - MR - 654 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

And, I've re-run a car, since it was obvious I didn't know the track at the time:

00:55.345 - 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R - 538 HP - 3660 LBS - FR - 656 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2015 Audi RS 6 Avant
Felt better than other Audis, especially the RS7. Still won't challenge the leaders here, but at least it has a 57, if only just. Pleasant growl, with some added stiffness from the bodyshell, makes this a favourite from the marque.

2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
Not very well sorted – though I could blame that on the concept nature – the sedan GT-R is a hard one to keep in line. Terrible brakes. Regardless, it ends up running alongside the RS6, so it's not too bad. But I can't in good conscience recommend it, as it's not particularly fun.

2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
Feels so much wilder than the already extrovert F-Type, in the track refugee sense. Lovely sound. Not much faster though, since it's lugging around an extra 300lbs. Faster than the Viper and Exige though, which is a welcome surprise!

2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
Just sliding in past @Im_Lukas in the same car, the Vanquish is a pleasant steer. The longer wheelbase over the Vantage has it feeling calmer, with that same magnificent V12 shoving you down the road with a wonderful noise. Feels more tied-down versus little brother, much like the XKR-S does over the F-Type.

1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
I knew this was going to be a leader before I even drove it, but didn't expect it to be by so much. It's a shame this is a "leaderboard" car, as I imagine a lot of people don't drive it stock. It's magical; that tiny 2.0L V8 loves to rev, beating the S2000 at it's own game by 3 decades, but what's amazing is the broad power curve it has. It never feels like it's out of breath. The brakes are powerful too, and not just because it weighs barely more than a shopping cart.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
I'll admit, I didn't want to like the Z/28. But it's just so approachable, that I was sold by the end of the laps. Comparisons to the GT-R seemed forced back during launch, but they're fair: the Camaro wants you to be involved, and it flatters you instead of punishes. It feels made for the track in a way few cars have so far, and it shrinks around you, letting you place it with pin-point accuracy. Smashes every conceivable American muscle car stereotype.

2012 BMW Team Forza M5
Comfortably the fastest four door road car so far, the TF car improves on every aspect of the base car. It feels lighter (though it isn't), gruntier (isn't either), and grippier (that it is). It feels like a high-tech, XL-edition E30, really, such is the balance and poise it displays. Two seconds off the stock car, with only handling mods, is impressive.

2013 Audi Team Forza RS 7 Sportback
This is the polar opposite of the TF M5. It has more power and less weight than the stock car, yet understeers with conviction. While faster, it isn't by the same margin, and actually loses out to the RS6 on the board. Far and away the most disappointing of this pack.

2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Ah, my favourite modern Ferrari. It feels right at home here: the gears are perfectly spaced for maximizing thrust out of each turn. That battle cry as it winds up past 8500rpm is a thing of beauty, too. The car tracks true, and shrugs off rumble strips where other cars get upset. The CS makes you a better driver.

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR
The SLR is a testament to how far Mercedes has come in a decade. The transmission is dull-witted, the car never feels comfortable, and has trouble putting all of its power down in anything other than a straight line. It's by no means a terrible car – it looks awesome in polished aluminium – and it's reasonably fast, but I foresee both of its successors being both more enjoyable, and quicker still.

2014 Ferrari California T
The Cali did the whole "feels lighter" trick on the opening lap, initially impressing me with the way it handled itself. Then it came time to brake for T1 on the second lap, and the weight came rushing back (literally). Since T10 doesn't model the real car's torque limitations in the lower gears, it can be hard to leave a turn cleanly. Avoid the curbing at all costs.

1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
Aren't Diablos supposed to be massively intimidating? This was a kitten. A very quick one. There's so much grip out back thanks to those gigantic tires, that the tail would only slide out if I was asking for it. Otherwise, the SV would pile on the speed with a neutral balance.

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R
Feels nice and planted, though that smaller engine versus the Camaro feels a little "tight", for lack of a better term. Not quite as free-revving as I'd imagine, it nonetheless is a fantastic engine, with a wide spread of power and an awesome sound. My fastest lap saw me bouncing off the limiter a bit before braking into T1, as it wasted less time than shifting up to 5th for a split second. Speaking of brakes: wow. These are powerful, as I'm throwing out the anchor at a point on the track I normally would for D-Class cars. Awesome!

A-Stock is all done! :lol:

00:56.003 - 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S - 503 HP - 3573 LBS - FR - 657 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.300 - 1966 Ford GT40 Mk II - 485 HP - 2682 LBS - MR - 667 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.688 - 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 - 450 HP - 2271 LBS - MR - 674 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.636 - 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona F&F Edition - 675 HP - 3131 LBS - FR - 674 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.225 - 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series - 661 HP - 4215 LBS - FR - 674 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.417 - 2013 Caterham Superlight R500 - 263 HP - 1116 LBS - FR - 676 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.480 - 2009 Lotus 2-Eleven - 252 HP - 1642 LBS - MR - 681 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.307 - 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG - 571 HP - 3571 LBS - FR - 686 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.093 - 2010 Lexus LFA - 552 HP - 3263 LBS - FR - 687 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.619 - 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO - 375 HP - 1532 LBS - FR - 695 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.196 - 2013 KTM X-Bow R - 295 HP - 1786 LBS - MR - 695 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.485 - 1985 Ford RS200 Evolution - 506 HP - 2464 LBS - 4WD - 698 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.725 - 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R F&F Edition - 505 HP - 3439 LBS - 4WD - 698 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.874 - 2011 Ferrari FF - 651 HP - 4145 LBS - 4WD - 698 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.317 - 2014 BAC Mono - 280 HP - 1354 LBS - MR - 699 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
Grippy and talkative. Felt much faster than the time posted: I assumed I was running alongside the Camaro and GT350R. I really enjoy this car despite that though. A quick shift compared to the awful SLR. Wonderful noise too; how is it that BMW can't get a decent note out of their turbo cars?

1966 Ford GT40 Mk II
What a sound. Loooooong gears in this one, so it's one less thing to worry about during a lap. You can tell that aero wasn't exactly nailed down back in those days, as the nose will get uncomfortably light at the top of Uphill.

1967 Ferrari 330 P4
Feels much more modern than the GT40. A more reasonably-spaced gearbox probably helps. The nose will still get light in this too, though! Does not like to be man-handled in the same way as the Ford: it'll get out of shape in a far less enjoyable manner.

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona F&F Edition
AWESOME. Requires you to pour it into a turn and practice the art of patience with the throttle. I wasn't expecting a quick time considering where it placed on the board with others, but I realize those times were much earlier in the game's life. It's really a lot of fun, I was genuinely surprised.

2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
A little nuts. Awful transmission, like the SLR, makes this feel spiky and unpredictable. Oddly disappointing noise, too. Hugely fast in a straight line, and almost cartoonish in form, it's otherwise a disappointment.

2013 Caterham Superlight R500
Hold on! The busiest lap in a while, but you'll be grinning. The Superlight will get sideways at every conceivable opportunity, but it's so easy to hold there that you can have fun. Sounds properly mental, too. The view over that long nose is good, but you feel like you're on the business end of a pendulum, sat so far back on the rear axle. It makes all responses feel like they're in slow motion, in the sense that it telegraphs its next moves quite clearly. This makes it a lot more predictable than the MR track warriors coming up, even if it isn't outright quicker.

2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
I never really liked the 2-Eleven, thinking it too much like the Exige. But it's is utterly perfect for this track. The negative out of the way first: you need a smooth, considered turn-in, as doing it too quickly will see the back lose grip, and therefore, speed. Trailbrake with caution. The positives: it's just silly fast, and can brake incredibly late. I ended up beating even my top tuned time, and placing 99th in the Americas. There are only 6 2-Elevens in front of me, one of which is stock (and sits at a 00:53.102).

2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
There we go. This is roughly where the GT S felt it would land on the board. I guess the added power and natural aspiration help the SLS, with speed and confidence, respectively. I've always thought the SLS had some Viper in its genes, and the way it takes so naturally to hotlapping makes me think there might be some truth to that.

2010 Lexus LFA
So lovely. That V10 is epic. Pips the SLS as the fastest "regular" road car (I'm not counting the 33 Stradale either). So controllable, yet so quick and exciting to drive. It aims to flatter, which you wouldn't expect given the engine stats, but I'm glad Toyota stuck with an exploitable, friendly front-engine layout.

2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO
Hairy. The same pendulum feel as the Caterham, but with a massive increase in shove. I didn't like it, as it was just as busy behind the wheel, without the predictability of the plucky Brit. Hats off to you if you enjoy it, it's just not my cup.

2013 KTM X-Bow R
Yeah. That was unexpected. The X-Bow blitzed the competition, and I wasn't sure how that happened. I've avoided it for a while all because of GT6; it was a hateful thing to drive in that game, with a centre of gravity that felt roughly 20 feet in the air. This feels positively glue-like in comparison, though it is noticeably looser than the 2-Eleven. The turbo makes it a bit harder to drive as well. No matter, as it demolishes everything else in A-Class, Modified included.

1985 Ford RS200 Evolution
I wanted this to be faster, I really did. Unfortunately, it just can't grip, and can't rotate with the quickness of the MG it barely beats to become the fastest 4WD car in class. It's a lot of fun, feeling like a proper rally weapon even on a road course, but this was the fastest I could manage.

1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R F&F Edition
Feels tight, not very approachable. Slower than the Charger, amazingly. It could be the last few cars tainting my view, but it feels like it understeers more than the base car. Wasn't a fan.

2011 Ferrari FF
Felt painfully slow after so much quick machinery. Still faster than the F-Type, though! I don't believe the drivetrain is modelled accurately: I know its fiercely complicated in real life, but it feels like a default 4WD system here. Something about naturally-aspirated engines and 4WD just never has felt quite right to me. Not sure why.

2014 BAC Mono
I had hopes the Mono would knock the KTM off its perch, but even after more laps than my usual, it couldn't. Not that those laps helped, as my record was set on Lap 2. That tells you how approachable the car is though, as does the fact all the following laps were no more than a quarter-second off. It's an easier car to drive than the KTM, and feels better too. That Cosworth engine has such a wide range, it's incredible. Second is good enough!

@SlipZtrEm I was messing about in the A-class Limerock last night and when I first saw your time with the X-bow, I was a bit confused. At first I thought that they had removed your time, because it was slower then what you had previously posted. That was until I noticed it said 53, not 54 :eek:

Yeah, I didn't expect to do that well with it at all. I've also had a realization; while there are certainly "leaderboard" cars in the game, they're not quite the issue people pretend they are. We're looking at boards with thousands of names on them, of course there will be bunches of the same car right at the top, but even going through the top 100 – easily in the top 1% – there's some variety on display. Working for the absolute top time might limit car choice, but you can be plenty competitive in a wide range of vehicles in the upper reaches.

So, fifteen times in S Stock. I'm toying with the idea of skipping the race cars for now; it'll be more interesting to see all the road cars complete. Also will likely skip the identi-car liveries. No way am I running 10 Formula E cars. :lol:

00:55.889 - 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - 542 HP - 3887 LBS - 4WD - 702 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.075 - 1995 Ferrari F50 - 513 HP - 2712 LBS - MR - 703 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.016 - 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - 638 HP - 3350 LBS - FR - 704 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.965 - 1993 Jaguar XJ220 - 542 HP - 3241 LBS - MR - 706 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.848 - 2013 SRT Viper GTS - 640 HP - 3296 LBS - FR - 707 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:56.326 - 1995 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition - 770 HP - 3329 LBS - FR - 710 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.838 - 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia - 503 HP - 2975 LBS - MR - 710 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.622 - 1987 Ferrari F40 - 478 HP - 2980 LBS - MR - 713 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.787 - 2013 Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro - 542 HP - 3682 LBS - 4WD - 713 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.038 - 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia - 562 HP - 3274 LBS - MR - 713 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.243 - 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO - 661 HP - 3538 LBS - FR - 715 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:55.675 - 2008 Lamborghini Reventón - 641 HP - 4068 - 4WD - 717 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.361 - 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 650 HP - 3536 LBS - FR - 719 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.447 - 2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta - 730 HP - 3593 LBS - FR - 720 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.952 - 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - 600 HP - 3408 LBS - FR - 731 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

Oh yeah, also updated my Formula Mazda time. Bumped it right up to the class max, and ended up 12th in the Americas. A good tune and a better driver would help it from here on out.

00:49.764 - 2015 Mazda Formula Mazda - 264 HP - 1229 LBS - MR - 800 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
Considering how well the GT-R fares at the 'Ring every year, this left me disappointed. I feel like an SLS should not be able to hold a half second lead here, for one. Like most cars sharing the basic drivetrain layout, the GT-R understeers a little too much to nail a fast time. Feed it in early if you want to get the most out of it.

1995 Ferrari F50
Forget the people that kneel at the base of the golden cow that came before; this is the better-driving Ferrari supercar. Without a turbo, the F50's wailing V12 can be relied on for consistent power across the range, and a wonderful noise to boot. Feels like a proper supercar, with the brakes in particular coming in for positive comments. Scores high on the enjoyability scale.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Feeling borderline over-powered, the ZR1 nonetheless can behave itself if you're mindful of its limitations. The brakes are super-strong, which helps, and the gearing is spaced well for Lime Rock. Always fun to see the engine rocking up front, too. Can't quite match the Scuderia around here, but pips the 458, so way to go.

1993 Jaguar XJ220
Doesn't feel nearly as outclassed as I'd expected. It's a very big car, and you feel that length playing against you in the Uphill, but big Jag digs its claws in deep to deliver every last pony to the pavement. Doesn't need a lot of corrections in turns, either. The brakes feel their age though.

2013 SRT Viper GTS
Slightly ahead of the C6, this is precisely where I expected the reborn snake to land. Ultra-wide tires help keep it planted, though turn-in suffers a bit due to how wide even the fronts are. Softer-sprung than expected, you notice it bob when the throttle is opened up. Great hot-lapper.

1995 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition
What a mess. As arguably the most notorious of the F&F cars, I expected more from this. Sure, it has lots of power, but it can't handle itself in corners. Just an awkward, fumbling disappointment.

2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Yep. Slides past the SRT by a hundredth. The 430 just feels right, as much as I don't want to admit it: I vastly prefer the 360 CS, and even the 458 Italia. This just has never appealed to me, but it's an eminently biddable chassis, with a fantastic engine. Shame it still looks the way it does!

1987 Ferrari F40
The F40 feels a product of its time. Not a bad thing of course, but as a car that'll be celebrating its 30th birthday next year, I can't expect it to match up with everything. It does beat little brother Scuderia though, so there's that. Brakes are awful.

2013 Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
Like the GT-R, the Audi can't overcome the 4WD handicap. The better weight distribution probably helps it past that car, but it still feels shackled. Not the screamer of an engine, though!

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
The 458 feels almost too agile. Nervous, even. I had a hard time getting a smooth lap out of it, since the nose is sniffing out new directions faster than a puppy on its first walk. That engine though: hard to believe it's seven years old now, because it's still amazing.

2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
Well, while it still doesn't deserve that badge, at least it can post reasonably quick times. Can't catch the F50 nor F1, but the GTO feels great here. Like a better-behaved Corvette. It grips and goes like a proper track-oriented car, with a neutral balance that imbues a strong sense of confidence. A grower.

2008 Lamborghini Reventón
It's a heavier, arguably uglier Murci. The interior is guano crazy in all the best Lambo/military-influenced ways, but a track car this isn't. That it beats the R8 and GT-R is all the more surprising. Still, it's the fourth-slowest car in class, and is likely to stay there.

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Taking a chunk out of the ZR1's time, the new-Vette just misses out on the mechanically-similar 599's time. The feel similar, yet unsurprisingly different: the Vette isn't quite as quick on the turn-in, but gets its power down cleaner in a straight line. Wild reach of the engine is nice in a game, and since this isn't reality, it's not going to fall into limp-home mode after two laps!

2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
Mirroring the 430/458 situation, the F12 posts a slightly slower time than the older car it replaces, as the 599 was the final, most hardcore version. The F12 is scary in how little it feels ruled by its power figure. That said, it does have the modern Ferrari problem of a hyper-alert rack. It's the nervousness that dominates proceedings, and that nibbles at your confidence after the bizarrely friendlier 599 GTO.

2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
Not a surprise: this is a track version of a car that already felt like a race car for the road. This is the first car in the group to eclipse everything in the class below, which took very slightly longer than it has in the past (731 PI to beat the top of A, where 622 beat B, and 529 beat C). It's a fantastic fit for the track, with tons of grip, quick direction changes (without getting darty), and the added downforce from that massive wing equaling big gains in the fast corners. It feels strange taking such a big car around the final turn at speeds normally reserved for the tiny track toys.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't expect to do that well with it at all. I've also had a realization; while there are certainly "leaderboard" cars in the game, they're not quite the issue people pretend they are. We're looking at boards with thousands of names on them, of course there will be bunches of the same car right at the top, but even going through the top 100 – easily in the top 1% – there's some variety on display. Working for the absolute top time might limit car choice, but you can be plenty competitive in a wide range of vehicles in the upper reaches.

I think the majority of times people complain about them it's just an excuse, I mean if they're within a second of their lap times fair enough they could have gained that advantage just through the car but when you're 3 or 4 seconds a lap slower it's unlikely that the car is the only factor in your defeat, unless you've made a really bad choice. There are plenty of cars where if we deleted all top 50 times and the drivers ran another car (which isn't swarming the top 100) they would be straight back up there and this new car would now be considered a "leaderboard" car.

However I can understand how it get's annoying if one of the best drivers in the game joins a lobby and continuously takes the leaderboard topping cars, they probably have the skill to win in almost anything but stick to the very best cars.

--

Managed to match my test drive PB earlier but then with a change of build improved further to this:

00:49.157 - 2015 Mazda Formula Mazda - 275 HP - 1243 LBS - MR - 800 - lukas2121 - Controller

Good for 14th in the world at the moment (and top of the hardcore board :lol:), still 0.17 behind the leading Mazda which is just an insane lap.

@SlipZtrEm I don't know if this can help but I've put my build and tune in this spoiler in case you want to try some elements of it, I run a bit more power than you do but at the cost of some added weight.

Upgrades:
Race Intake
Race Exhaust
Race Rotors

Sport Driveline
Race Diff

Middle front tyre width (215)
Rims in the weight class to bring you to 800

Tune:
Tyre Pressure 28.5/28.0

Final Drive: 2.85
1st: 3.22
2nd: 2.21
3rd: 1.68
4th: 1.37
5th: 1.16

Camber: -1.8/-1.2
Toe: 0/0
Caster: 5.3

ARBs: 13.74/9.09

Springs: 349.3/366.1
Ride Height: Min/Min

Rebound: 8.9/9.6 (Stock)
Bump: 5.9/6.4 (Stock)

Downforce: Max/Max

Brake Balance: 55%
Pressure: 140% (change to whatever you're most comfortable with)

Diff Accel: 60%
Diff Decel: 45%

Modified:
00:54.098 - 2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary - 421 HP - 2876 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller
00:54.410 - 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 - 531 HP - 3129 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller
00:54.423 - 1985 Mazda Rx7 - 381 HP - 2273 LBS - FR - 700 - ImaRobot - Controller

Decided to finally give some of the American cars a chance this weekend and I regret not doing so sooner. The SS has some good straight line speed, and can hold steady very well around turns. It feels a bit loose with the set-up it has, and you can notice the body roll, but it never seems to get the rear end out so I'm able to throw it pretty hard into turns. Since I built it purely based on handling(I believe it's at 5.8 on the stats) I figured it would lose out on some good acceleration, but that doesn't seem to be the case with these V8's.

The Shelby was a bit unexpected, even when actually driving it. It does not break traction at all, and goes anywhere you point it with ease. Laps in this car feel really slow, but it's probably due to the fact that my brain thinks that because it's not trying to kill me, it must be slow. While it was still slower than the SS, I feel it would be a good all around vehicle to just jump into. I actually think I might like it more than the SS.

Modified:

00:53.734 - 2015 Subaru WRX STI - 356 HP - 2687 LBS - 4WD - 700 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:53.797 - 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR - 359 HP - 2619 LBS - 4WD - 700 - lukas2121 - Controller
00:56.018 - 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI - 432 HP - 3108 LBS - FR - 600 - lukas2121 - Controller

My friends decided we were racing A class last night, and I'd upgraded most of my cars up in to S class already so I had to quickly make some suitable cars, chose the 2015 WRX and 2004 Evo, with a couple of different tunes each for different types of track. Oddly the WRX has 5.9 handling whereas the Evo has 6.0, however on the track it's the WRX which makes up ground in the corners, but only slightly, whereas the Evo pulls away slightly on the straights so it made for a fun battle.

The Plymouth confuses me, it was slower than @SlipZtrEm NSX on the straights but handled like a dream to make up the time, it was definitely not what I was expecting from this car, especially with a handling rating of 5.6. I think I'll keep this out of S class just for the odd occasion I feel like racing in B class.

@Im_Lukas I've never been to fond of setting up AWD vehicles, but you do a damn good job of making them sound appealing! I usually stick to RWD converting everything, but maybe I'll try not to next time :lol:

Another dozen stock times. By my count, I have 26 more road cars left to do in the game. :D

00:55.145 - 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera - 562 HP - 3470 LBS - 4WD - 731 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.354 - 2011 McLaren 12C - 592 HP - 3031 LBS - MR - 737 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.168 - 1993 McLaren F1 - 627 HP - 2840 LBS - MR - 738 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.768 - 2004 Maserati MC12 - 624 HP - 3142 LBS - MR - 741 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.923 - 2010 Aston Martin One-77 - 750 HP - 3307 LBS - FR - 741 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.837 - 2004 Saleen S7 - 575 HP - 2756 LBS - MR - 744 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.673 - 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV - 661 HP - 3850 LBS - 4WD - 745 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.034 - 2013 SRT Team Forza Viper GTS - 700 HP - 3296 LBS - FR - 750 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.101 - 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - 700 HP - 3472 LBS - 4WD - 750 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.823 - 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe - 641 HP - 3148 LBS - MR - 757 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.914 - 1992 Bugatti EB110 SS - 611 HP - 3126 LBS - 4WD - 757 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:54.252 - 2014 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 - 602 HP - 3135 LBS - 4WD - 759 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

Two more modified times, as well (the Lotus is an update with a new tune):

00:55.834 - 1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra - 280 HP - 2323 LBS - FR - 600 SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.997 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - 345 HP - 2256 LBS - MR - 700 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

Both are the fastest of their type on the American boards. The Lotus is 44th, though I did spot two other Lotus models above it. I'm just glad to finally be able to overtake the damned stock KTM! :lol:

That's just a ridiculous time. 1+ second out of a reworked tune is simply amazing :lol:

Yep! The thing is, most of my tunes tend to be all-round types, and the Exige in particular was supposed to be more of a road-happy car. I don't tune many cars for out-and-out leaderboard attacks, and the old tune was a great example of that. Focusing on lightness – in traditional Lotus style – is where this tune came from, and it's both faster, and more consistent. That was my first clean lap, with no more than five minutes spent tuning, and ten to run laps.

Yep! The thing is, most of my tunes tend to be all-round types, and the Exige in particular was supposed to be more of a road-happy car. I don't tune many cars for out-and-out leaderboard attacks, and the old tune was a great example of that. Focusing on lightness – in traditional Lotus style – is where this tune came from, and it's both faster, and more consistent. That was my first clean lap, with no more than five minutes spent tuning, and ten to run laps.
I generally tune in the same sense. I changed my method to accommodate this track, as I my general method was usually speed>handling, but it didn't work with this track for obvious reasons. I still have the same basic tune approach though, either way.

The way I approach it is if it handles well enough on a more technical track, then it's fine for every track :lol: Excluding the Ovals. Now that I've been used to tuning for Limerock, it actually changed my whole approach for modifications. More often than not I was worried about top speed, but even if you have something between 6.5-7 in the stats, its all generally the same as most often than not you wont even be able to approach those speeds. Now I try not to get bothered by it, as long as it can get over 160sh for the most part. There is obvious tracks where this method won't work, though.

Odd thing I've noticed recently; I like the feel of all the other tires besides the Race selection. If I can achieve a good enough handling stat, as well as the car being able to achieve a certain amount of G's, without them, then I definitely leave them out. They stick too much(well that's obvious, isn't it? :lol:)

Last edited:
@ImaRobot - Yeah, tuning for Lime Rock is a lot different than most other tracks. I used to be worried about the transmission, but on the Exige for instance, it ate up a lot of PI. Turns out the slower shifting of the stock gearbox isn't a big drawback when I'm only changing gears a handful of times a lap. :D

I took the B-Class Mustang II to Laguna Seca to see how it would perform. Sure enough, it's far too slow on the straights, but it did well enough (comfortably in the top 1%). That's good enough for me, though I realize that the people that are probably playing regularly online are far more likely to be occupying the top portions of the boards.

Okay, so, S-Stock road cars done. I've got 16 more road cars to go in R and P...

00:52.764 - 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR - 622 HP - 3175 LBS - MR - 759 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.095 - 2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari - 650 HP - 3086 LBS - MR - 769 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:51.931 - 1997 McLaren F1 GT - 618 HP - 2469 LBS - MR - 769 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:51.559 - 2013 Ford Formula Ford EcoBoost 200 - 213 HP - 1069 LBS - MR - 772 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.872 - 2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale - 597 HP - 3075 LBS - MR - 786 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.137 - 2010 Noble M600 - 650 HP - 2756 LBS - MR - 786 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.814 - 2017 Ford GT - 630 HP - 2890 LBS - MR - 794 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:51.967 - 1998 Nissan R390 - 550 HP - 2364 LBS - MR - 800 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.086 - 2013 Audi Team Forza R8 Coupe V10 plus - 626 HP - 3020 LBS - 4WD - 800 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.708 - 2014 Lamborghini Team Forza Huracán LP 610-4 - 621 HP - 3135 LBS - 4WD - 800 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:51.946 - 2008 Aston Martin Team Forza DBS - 760 HP - 2994 LBS - FR - 800 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.304 - 2009 Ferrari Team Forza 458 Italia - 570 HP - 2748 LBS - MR - 800 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

Back