GTPlanet & Other GT Forums Race Event- ANY VEHICLE WELCOME @ Suzuka 750 (PAL ONLY)

• Thread starter GTP_DONK
  • 152 comments
GTDrivers_Gaffer
All Vehicles Welcome Race Pro Physics
PAL EVENT

Venue:
Suzuka 750
Date:
Saturday 7th June
Time:
21.00 onwards, UK Time
Teams:
GTPlanet Forum Members
&
Other Gran Turismo Forum's Members
Team Colours:
GTPLANET - Red or Black Cars (if possible)
OTHER FORUM'S - Try not to use our colours (if possible)​
Racing Structure:
Races will start at 21.00 UK time (9.00pm) and race for one hour (if it turns out to be good fun and it is working, race as long as you want afterwards. Its upto to you.) I think we should arrange it as a free for all. No set times or groups, after a race has finished or it gets disconnected just hit the start icon as quick as possible. This should fllood the starting grids with forum races.​

THIS EVENT IS NOW OPEN TO ANY VEHICLE, NO RESTRICTIONS AND NO LIMITS TO THE PP.

:) REMEMBER PLAY NICE :)

After the success of the first unofficial forum race meet I thought I would organise another unofficial forum race meet.[/COLOR]

This event is open to any member of the GTPlanet forum, YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE THE GTP_ TAG TO TAKE PART.

If you would like to take part please post your interest in this thread, stating your ID first and if you are representing GTPlanet or another forum (makes it easier for me to add you to the list) Thankyou.

• GTPlanet Drivers
    GTP_DONK - (unavailable)
    GTP_Ardius
    GTP_Stevisiov
    GTP_NOS
    GTP_jacoja06
    GTP_Timppaq
    GTP_uk86ze
    GTP_Enzo
    GTP_Grim_Reaper
    GTP_P3nT4gR4m
    nd 4 holden spd
    GTP_Dolp
    GTP_vanuber7
    GTP_hyperuk
    GTP_Gnobody
  • Other GT Forum Drivers
    Celima_TeamGT
    JARNO17_TeamGT
    CappedFra_TeamGT
    Loost_TeamGT
    Chris-L3V_TeamGT
    Taranta_TeamGT
    VirtuaMax_TeamGT
    ADM_TeamGT
    GT5net_Wayne
    GT5net_Noaina
    GT5net_Scarface
    GT5net_Vidor
    GT5net_Monk
    GT5net_SOL1DUKE
    RudiRaser-GTRP
    Retro-GTRP
    Roadrunner-GTRP
    Willi-GTRP
    zocker-GTRP
    Monza-GTRP
    Bul-GTRP
    Zocker16_GTRP

I dont think it's wise to allow the Integrale unless everyone is forced to use it.

Suzuka, standing start, 750PP and Integrales? They're just going to get in the way and not going to win anything.

In fact, all of those cars can get into 600PP...

Oh, and I'm down for GTP. (GTP_Ardius)

I dont think it's wise to allow the Integrale unless everyone is forced to use it.

Suzuka, standing start, 750PP and Integrales? They're just going to get in the way and not going to win anything.

In fact, all of those cars can get into 600PP...

Oh, and I'm down for GTP. (GTP_Ardius)

All I did was look at the cars that are 4wd drive in the game and just added them to the list, the Integrale is 4wd so I listed it, if it is under powered then people won't use it.:)

I know that all the above cars will fit in the 600 class but I wanted to organise a 750 event as the last forum race was 600.

All I did was look at the cars that are 4wd drive in the game and just added them to the list, the Integrale is 4wd so I listed it, if it is under powered then people won't use it.:)

I know that all the above cars will fit in the 600 class but I wanted to organise a 750 event as the last forum race was 600.

Ok, cool, I was just making sure you knew what you were doing :)

GTP_Stevisiov

I would love to compete and represent GTP, I am getting practice in now and I am rather liking the R8. Put me down please.

It might be an Idea to PM Rudi_Raser, and Wayne GTC and see if they will advertise this even on their respective boards that way we you can see what interest there is early on and hopefully get more people.

Where's the NTSC category? LOL

Well, we need more NTSC forums for that, because GTNDC, GT5net and GTRP are all predominately PAL forums.

GTP_Stevisiov

I would love to compete and represent GTP, I am getting practice in now and I am rather liking the R8. Put me down please.

It might be an Idea to PM Rudi_Raser, and Wayne GTC and see if they will advertise this even on their respective boards that way we you can see what interest there is early on and hopefully get more people.

Maybe we could invite some of the other boards as well? Like GTIRN (http://www.gtirn.com/sito/index.htm) or GTExD (http://www.extremegame.it/gt4/).
Theres a few others out there. (A few more I just thought of are GTC and maybe even a few people from pistonheads (http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=108), as I know they sometimes frequent this forum.)

Well, we need more NTSC forums for that, because GTNDC, GT5net and GTRP are all predominately PAL forums.

Maybe we could invite some of the other boards as well? Like GTIRN (http://www.gtirn.com/sito/index.htm) or GTExD (http://www.extremegame.it/gt4/).
Theres a few others out there. (A few more I just thought of are GTC and maybe even a few people from pistonheads (http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=108), as I know they sometimes frequent this forum.)

The more the merrier, if you know how to contact them.👍

stuff like this makes me want private rooms to appear soon.

Me too, but we have to work with what PD has given us. This is one of the ways to try to organise online races, using forums.

I hope I'll be there, but a large number of cars cited can't go to 750pp?? :sly:

Should make for some interesting racing, quite a number of the above listed cars are capable of winning, if they are in the right hands. In the last unofficial forum race the Honda NSX's dominated. Hopefully this time round there should be more variety of cars winning.

👍

GTP_jacoja06

Only this time, I need to adjust my PS3's 'internet' time to everyone else’s. I think it was 5 minutes off during the last meeting... so I was always participating in the wrong events. 👎

Odd day to do it on... Sunday. It couldn't possibly be Saturday, could it? I’m sure Europeans work on Mondays ;) . The race for me is at 6:00am, right before work. It'll be inconvenient for every Aussie on the East coast, who are 2 hours ahead of me. None of them could participate…

I´m in. Should be interesting to try a 4wd for the first time besides the obligatory stuff in the offline races.. :)

So someone who has driven these should tell me which car to take. 👍

GTP_Timppaq

I´m in. Should be interesting to try a 4wd for the first time besides the obligatory stuff in the offline races.. :)

I predict a race full of R35s with maybe the odd R34 here and there. The R8 is also good, but not a match for the Nissans.

👍

GTP_jacoja06

Only this time, I need to adjust my PS3's 'internet' time to everyone else’s. I think it was 5 minutes off during the last meeting... so I was always participating in the wrong events. 👎

Odd day to do it on... Sunday. It couldn't possibly be Saturday, could it? I’m sure Europeans work on Mondays ;) . The race for me is at 6:00am, right before work. It'll be inconvenient for every Aussie on the East coast, who are 2 hours ahead of me. None of them could participate…

I decided on Sunday because the last unofficial forum race was on a Saturday and I am sure that quite a few were not able to take part, plus Sunday nights TV is usually rubbish here in the UK.:lol:

GTP_Timppaq

I will personally be using the EV0 X GSR '07

I decided on Sunday because the last unofficial forum race was on a Saturday and I am sure that quite a few were not able to take part, plus Sunday nights TV is usually rubbish here in the UK.:lol:
The last meeting was held on a Saturday, to make it convenient for other people outside of the UK. It all seemed to run well last time… so I don’t see the need to knock off the Aussies for this meeting. :odd:

The last meeting was held on a Saturday, to make it convenient for other people outside of the UK. It all seemed to run well last time… so I don’t see the need to knock off the Aussies for this meeting. :odd:

I am not meaning to ''knock of the Aussies'' 👍, but it is staying Sunday Night. You have two choices compete or not.

I know you weren’t intending to do so... no worries about that. I’m good to compete, but I just felt a bit sorry for those living on the east coast who won’t be able to.

A- It's not just knocking Aussies, it's knocking the entire world. eg. It would be 1 o'clock in the morning for someone in Finnland! The time zone limits it exclusively to UK.:grumpy:

B- Err, none of those cars can even reach 750 PP. What's wrong with 600 PP?:odd:

Yes, 600pp could be better, and kind of hoping for free car choice(personal preference:4wd :crazy:), but fine with me anyways. 👍

A- It's not just knocking Aussies, it's knocking the entire world. eg. It would be 1 o'clock in the morning for someone in Finnland! The time zone limits it exclusively to UK.:grumpy:
Yes, even for CET (UK+1) it's too late: lots of people have jobs to go to the next day and have to get to bed relatively early. 23:00 leaves a very small window (if any) for any racing.

B- Err, none of those cars can even reach 750 PP. What's wrong with 600 PP?:odd:
Guess: something with R3 tires. :sly:

Have you informed the other forums that you're doing this?

If you are posting a racing event for other forums to take part in, then the least you can do is to post it on the other forums.

If possible the time could be a bit earlier....

That would at least make it a bit easier for the rest of Europe (which I might add is where all the other forums come from). I understand Aussies are hard to work in a time with, and not every event will suit us.

Yes, even for CET (UK+1) it's too late: lots of people have jobs to go to the next day and have to get to bed relatively early. 23:00 leaves a very small window (if any) for any racing.

Guess: something with R3 tires. :sly:

Yeah, the time is pretty unreasonable if were thinking of inviting other boards into it, hadnt thought of that.

I propose:
Change it to Saturday
Change it to an earlier time, at least an hour earlier. If possible, 2 hours earlier.
Lay down some rules, especially in respect to the standing starts in PP750, I think there should be a rule where everyone is expected to move out of the way, so all the GT LM's and S2000 GT1's can move off without us, otherwise a lot of people are going to be shunted from the start.

Lay down some rules, especially in respect to the standing starts in PP750, I think there should be a rule where everyone is expected to move out of the way, so all the GT LM's and S2000 GT1's can move off without us, otherwise a lot of people are going to be shunted from the start.

Good point. Maybe just stay stationed applying the brake so "outsiders" can see that you are not moving, when the timer hits 10 seconds --> start. This could also be used in the garage showdown... too many races spoiled by the punters.

?

Good point. Maybe just stay stationed applying the brake so "outsiders" can see that you are not moving, when the timer hits 10 seconds --> start. This could also be used in the garage showdown... too many races spoiled by the punters.

?

I considred that after I made the rules for the 1-on-1 bouts should they ever come up. (staying at the start line for 30sec). (Of course here 10sec would be more reasonable otherwise you won't finish in time). But punters are still idiots, if you have your brake lights on (remember they don't even know what brakes are :dunce: ) they will still hit you (been there, done that). You'd have to launch and jump off the side of the track at the beginning, then all scramble back on in time to rebuild your grid. (That's why in Garage Showdowns I suggested 30sec, time to prepare that restart see?;) )

The other big problem I noticed here, the R35 GT-R will win every single race hands down. None of those others will hold a candle to the GT-R. So basically what you're suggesting is a GT-R Showdown? 600 PP is the way to go here.

Latest Posts

Back