GTPlanet Sunday Cup - Every Sunday! - New Event Photos!

Netherlands
Groningen
JKcreativeworks
I am not sure if this is the right sub forum to post this. Just to keep stuff organised, It's time to make a dedicated thread for it.

PSN: GTPSundayCup

Welcome to GTPlanet's Sunday Cup! Where newcomers, amateur teams and hobbyists try their luck in friendly races!

Every Sunday, or maybe if it gets succesful, we can dedicate a whole weekend to these fun races!

N class racing! What more fun can one have pushing an economy, or sports car to it's limit on track!

I would like to have a discussion on what time we should organise these races, so everybody can join. We can also discuss what specs we should run.

If it doesnt get too difficult, I could make different number plates for each class in the race. 200hp - 400hp - 600hp classes having different colour plates, So we can all race but there are different classes, I do have to figure out how to make it an easy task lol, I am new at league or racing events so cut me some slack!

Other ideas are greatly welcome, lets make this work!

I - by the way, have another good concept for Gr.4 racecars, the Clubman Cup!

A member of here teams up with someone else on here, they both buy the same type of gr.4 car. They build a car together. Livery/tune/race has to be done together. When racing, the team races either with 2 team cars in a race (identical tune-livery/ small detail changes to distinguish the two in the race) Or one of the two races at a time in races, which means first teamperson races race 1, second races race 2.

What do you guys think of this? Ofcourse this idea needs finetuning, but discuss!

Cheers!

Race Gear

I have made a seperate GT Sport profile for the Sunday Cup.

On here, I have, and will upload the needed stuff for these races.

So far I have added:

• Sunday Cup plate
  • Clubman Cup plate
  • Numbers 0 to 9
  • Sundaycup stickers
All above mentioned are a fixed size!!! No need to adjust!

Alright!

1st of july

At 9:00 we will open the Sunday Cup trackday!

The trackday will consist of free-runs, time-attack, and 6 lap races.

Next weekend, Mount Panorama!

The Trackday will be done on Sport tyres!

Questions are welcome!

Trackday open!

PiL2HTU.png

Last edited:
I love the idea. Count me in! I’ll be sure to join in whenever I can. :)

One question though. Should the races be bop’ed or just having set the room settings to a max hp and a minimum weight?

I love the idea. Count me in! I’ll be sure to join in whenever I can. :)

One question though. Should the races be bop’ed or just having set the room settings to a max hp and a minimum weight?

Not necceserily bop, nor max hp. I want to have more N classes run, each win for each class if that works out properly, I guess we'll have to trust people on what they do with the tune, that they are honest. Maybe we should use lap times, a quicker laptime is a Class up to compete with quicker people, but then again it's still a trust thing. If it really doesnt work, we'll just have to settle with max hp/min weight.

Not necceserily bop, nor max hp. I want to have more N classes run, each win for each class if that works out properly, I guess we'll have to trust people on what they do with the tune, that they are honest. Maybe we should use lap times, a quicker laptime is a Class up to compete with quicker people, but then again it's still a trust thing. If it really doesnt work, we'll just have to settle with max hp/min weight.
Yeah, of course. I forgot for a second. :lol:

Laptimes should be a good base at least, but I guess if only GTP people are allowed to join I’m sure it’ll be mostly fair and fun with no cheaters. :)

Yes, will do. Or even better yet, I have made a GT Sport profile:

GTPSundayCup

Add this to your psn friendslist and I will try and notify you when I am going to Host the room!

On this account, I will also upload the required gear for joining the races.

I don’t normally race N-class cars, but I appreciate that (even though I didn’t join you last Sunday) the lobby was open at a time that works for those of us in Australia. Sounds like a good alternative to the hit-and-miss of Sport Mode lately.

The Clubman Cup and teaming up sounds interesting. I mainly look for the N class lobbies when I go online.

Yes, will do. Or even better yet, I have made a GT Sport profile:

GTPSundayCup

Add this to your psn friendslist and I will try and notify you when I am going to Host the room!

I sent an fr

Also be sure to add events to the PSN group, that way you get a notification you can’t miss as well (I could do this if you want, but then we need to coordinate more)

Looking forward to some N class racing! Going to put my name up for this event for sure! Hopefully the time difference will work out for those of us who live in the far east.

One way to solve it is to either host a race three times daily, one for each area, or have several hosts who lives in the different areas so each ‘time zone’ can get its race without any problem.

One way to solve it is to either host a race three times daily, one for each area, or have several hosts who lives in the different areas so each ‘time zone’ can get its race without any problem.
Maybe I could step in and host the Asia-Pacific rooms, then JK will do the EU ones, and then we have to wait and see who's willing to set up the Sunday/Clubman Cup room for the Americas.

Looking forward to some N class racing! Going to put my name up for this event for sure! Hopefully the time difference will work out for those of us who live in the far east.

This is exactly what I want to get right, I want to meet all the people time-wise, so we'll have to come up with some sort trackday that starts early, and ends late, with intervals. Wether it be a change of admin of some sort, or just small breaks of an hour. But we'll get something sorted, thats for sure. Maybe even take the whole weekend for it, if people (including myself ofcourse) can manage to run it.

Also be sure to add events to the PSN group, that way you get a notification you can’t miss as well (I could do this if you want, but then we need to coordinate more)

Will do, already saw it as a community feature. Good thing it notifies people, saves me alot of work haha! I will talk to you in pm about this matter, I could use help with this and the hosting because of full weekends that are coming where I dont have time for this other than my input on this board.

What I hope for is a full room, where classes actually make sense because a race with 4 cars all being different classes makes no sense at all lol. Is it possible to give room right to other people, if you have to leave? I have not looked into that yet.

Maybe I could step in and host the Asia-Pacific rooms, then JK will do the EU ones, and then we have to wait and see who's willing to set up the Sunday/Clubman Cup room for the Americas.

Well, as I said to Syntex, we could indeed switch and takeover the wheel after a few hours. Or do the whole day/weekend with intervals, a break and then someone else opening the room. I for one would go for the whole weekend, and give more people a chance, that way its weekend, and people can go on for longer I guess. So starting on saturday, hell maybe even friday depending what other people feel for it.

Well, as I said to Syntex, we could indeed switch and takeover the wheel after a few hours. Or do the whole day/weekend with intervals, a break and then someone else opening the room. I for one would go for the whole weekend, and give more people a chance, that way its weekend, and people can go on for longer I guess. So starting on saturday, hell maybe even friday depending what other people feel for it.
That's a good idea, I'm also keen to help out and fill in the occasional hours of hosting if need be.

• N200 class sticker
  • N400 class sticker
  • N600 class sticker
  • N800 class sticker
  • Sundaycup stickers
All above mentioned are a fixed size!!! No need to adjust!
Does that mean that no one can resize without skewing them? (The decals themselves cannot be painted or skewed)

Last edited:
Does that mean that no one can resize without skewing them? (The decals themselves cannot be painted or skewed)

It means that I have scaled them down to a size that fits on the door, so you can just paste it as is without the hassle of resizing, its easy and prevents messy numberplates. May be a bit nitpicky, but thats how I like to see it!

Do you need it skewed or something?

It means that I have scaled them down to a size that fits on the door, so you can just paste it as is without the hassle of resizing, its easy and prevents messy numberplates. May be a bit nitpicky, but thats how I like to see it!

Do you need it skewed or something?
The numberplates and numbers themselves are ok. I'm just wondering about the class and series stickers.

What type of tires would we be using?
I would presume that it will be either Sports tyres for both series or Sports tyres for the Sunday Cup and Sports tyres plus Racing Hards for the Clubman Cup. JK may have more information about that.

The equivalent of Semi slick tyres, so I think that would be Sports, for sunday cup. And at the max racing hards, for clubman cup?

That would be my choice.

The equivalent of Semi slick tyres, so I think that would be Sports, for sunday cup. And at the max racing hards, for clubman cup?

That would be my choice.
I will go with that.

But then, there's the problem when we somehow do Clubman Endurance races, as when you choose either Sports or Racing tyres, you have to stick with that grade of tyre. So, it may cause unfairness for those who chose Racing Hards when others chose Sports Softs for example.

I will go with that.

But then, there's the problem when we somehow do Clubman Endurance races, as when you choose either Sports or Racing tyres, you have to stick with that grade of tyre. So, it may cause unfairness for those who chose Racing Hards when others chose Sports Softs for example.

When that happens I will make sure we all run the same type of tyre.

We can always run themed races, like euro spec, or japanese clubman cups, classic, or even car brand races. Same goes for the regulations and restrictions.

Last edited:
Okay, in a few minutes I am going to open "Sunday Cup Enthusiasts Meet" room, abit of driving, chit-chat and car enjoyment. Anybody who is interested or wants to talk or has questions about the Sunday Cup, be very welcome! We can discuss things, and this room is nothing official. Info about he Sunday Cup this Sunday will be put up tonight, if not next morning.

Stay tuned, info about this room will be put in this post later on.

Edit:

Room closed!​

Last edited:
I'm gonna join this event with the following details:

razaqa11 - #24 - N200 - Toyota MR2 GT-S '97

Last edited:
The class explanation is a little confusing. Do I tune my R32 up to the top end of N400? Or does N400 cover cars from the bottom end of N300 and up?

LineR32 - #76 - N400 - Nissan Skyline GT-R R32

I sent an friend request.

Last edited:
Back