GTPlanet TAC Leaderboards Attack : LAMBORGHINI + SEOUL CENTRAL (RED ICE vs RPR101)

• Thread starter red ice
  • 33 comments
Philippines
Makati City
redzero9ice
GTPlanet TAC Leaderboards Attack : LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 25th ANNIVERSARY '88 + SEOUL CENTRAL-forward

Hi guys! RED ICE here. This is my first DUEL time attack. RPR101 has accepted my invitation thus I entitle this

RED ICE vs RPR101 on SEOUL CENTRAL​

1. Track : SEOUL CENTRAL-forward

2. Car : LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 25th ANNIVERSARY '88

3. Car specifics :

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : on or off
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

DURATION OF THE CHALLENGE WILL BE FROM:
AUGUST 14, 2010 1:00pm (GMT+3:00)
until
AUGUST 21, 2010 1:00pm (GMT+3:00)

Please post an image of your time and REPLAY file before the deadline. Thanks!

Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips/inside white line :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips/white line and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips/white line and two off track is considered clean.

HAVE FUN!!!:cheers:

Last edited:
so far my best time is 1'04.106... i was actually able to get into the 1'03.8xx but i hit a wall on that lap so that does not count... i do not understand how by hitting the wall on the first turn i managed a better time... weird.

:) the wall hit aided in late braking and because the hairpin is 2nd gear corner it basically cancels out the disadvantage.
I gotta admit, That 1'04.106 is hard to beat for my skills, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

I was thinking if it is possible to drift all the way the HAIRPIN(1st corner) and still maintain a competitive time.

haha i tried to drift it too but when i did i would exit much slower.. i think the best way is to go wide pretty much close to the wall and try to exit as straight as possible. you would go slow near the wall but come out fast when accelerating out if you can manage to go straight enough.. i always seem to fishtail coming out of that corner. who knows maybe that would work.. i hope :)

making progress!
1'04.856

yeah i got some issues with the oversteer in turn 1, so i agree the hairpin must be a bit wide then accelerate early straight.

YOSH! this duel is gonna be an unofficial tiebreaker. And hopefully a nice preparation for WTAC14 new york. I just realized its hard to manage two different challenges at the same time. hehehe.

Last edited:
yeah it is a good practice. and it really is difficult to manage different challenges i was also doing the weekly drift challenge.

1'03.777
last night, but the 2nd to last turn, i noticed my 2 outside tires are one the red/white strip. So i guess it will not count.
almost a perfect turn at the hairpin. I cant seem to repeat it.

i managed to get a 1'03.706 but i also think that it is an invalid lap because of the right turn after the hairpin. can i upload my ghost reply and you tell me whether it is a clean lap?

hmm, i checked it 10 times now.
1st turn after hairpin(inside)-2tires on curb/ALMOST-2tires on rumble strip-CLEAN
2nd turn after hairpin(outside)-scratch-DIRTY

actually i had almost similar thing with your 1st turn after hairpin, but the curb was longer in my case.
yours is smaller. 3 tires got dirty but 1 is clean. at the instant

But the SPARKS made the lap dirty all in all.

im amazed at your time with the wheelspin. WOW.imagine if you could make it without spin. I think your gonna make 1'01.xxx

I hope i get a better time later tonight.
YOSH!!im gonna head off!

NB. actually Im a bit anxious about WTAC 14-
it has lots of corners like these and every lap will be almost suspicous.

Last edited:
thanks for clarifying that up. seems like i gotta get back on it tomorrow or another day to try to match that time with a clean lap. i doubt i could get 1'01.xxx that seems too much for what i can do. well im off also so see ya.

i managed to get a 1'03.208 clean lap i got close to the wall on the outside of the second to last turn but i did not hit it :scared: it was a close one :nervous:

Last edited:
in case I miss the deadline:
I will now submit this time
1'03.504

photo to follow on saturday.

If i still got time tomorrow I might give it another shot.It seems I ve reached my skill limit :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B2305FF6002.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 5
i am going to submit early just in case i might not be able to do it tomorrow or the day after that. the time is 1'03.208.

SANY0002.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B2305FF6000.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 5
Back