• Thread starter Hayden
  • 858 comments

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
screenshot20110221at902.png

Welcome to tournament #2 of the GT Planet H2H Drift tournament. Qualifying is now officially completed. I congratulate SAi-66, Gonales, SKR-Kaizar & TwinTurboCH on achieving a near perfect score of 19.
For those who don't know, the GT Planet H2H drift tournament is now in it's second season. If you want to know who took the cheese in tournament one, click here. With over 50 people signed up and 37 running their qualifiers, this is the biggest GT5 drift tournament on GT Planet. The future of tournament #2 looks bright, but before we get to that here is some rules and regulations for you...

Rules
-Two drivers participate in a tandem head to head battle at a time.
-Each tandem battle consists of two runs, each driver leads a run.
-Drivers are shared out 10 points at the start of each run.
-An impartial judge will award these points at the end of each run.
-After both runs the driver with the highest combined score moves on.
-Should each driver end on 10 after the two runs, a "one more time" is called. Each driver will lead a run, same rules apply as a normal run.
-Overtaking is against the rules. A driver who overtakes his opponent will hand a 10-0 score to his opponent for that run
-Contact that causes a driver to crash, spin, lose his line or suddenly gain speed will also hand a 10-0 score to the other driver. Contact is blamed on the following driver.
-While contact is blamed on the following driver, should the leader deliberately "brake check" or brake unexpectedly during a drift causing his opponent to crash, spin, lose his line or suddenly lose speed, his opponent will get the 10-0 score
-Up to 3 wheels may leave the track at any given time, without penalty
-Rumble strips are counted as part of the track. However the slippery "drag strip" section of indy is not

Judging Criteria
-Style
-Entry Speed
-Distance between drifters
-Angle
-Smoothness
-Linking "that" section

Regulations
-FR only
-Comfort hard tyres ony
-Unlimited BHP
-Unlimited Aspiration
-Unlimited tuning
-Unlimited car cost
-If a competitor is a member of a GT Planet drift team there car must wear their team colours (if applicable)

The Track
screenshot20110128at708.png

After much voting and discussion, it was decided that Indianapolis would pay host to tournament #2. The layout, as known by many GT Planet drifters, is treacherous. Specificaly, what has been known as "that" section. For the weeks leading up to this tournament, many felt it was impossible to drift nonstop through corners 3-6 on the map above. In the below video, tournament #1 champion & top qualifier of tournament #2 , SAi-66 shows a near perfect run on the GTPD1 layout of Indy, including a beautiful link of "that" section.

The Rewards
Thanks to the wonderful people who have donated to the tournament, there is plenty of prizes for tournament #2. These are listed below...
1st
2nd
3rd
4th Minolta Toyota 88cv Race Car..... (thanks to monsterGAUZ)......................Chrome silver(thanks to Duman079)
5th Buggati Veyron........................ (thanks to monsterGAUZ)......................Chrome silver(thanks to Duman079)
6th Ferrari California...................... (thanks to monsterGAUZ)......................Chrome silver(thanks to Duman079)
Battle of the tournament. Each Competitor involved in the battle of the tournament will recieve a HKS Genki Hyper Silvia, to do with as they wish. (See Tournament #1's best battle here)

Important Links T#2
The Tournament's Youtube Home
Qualifying Post
Scores Post
Battle times for round #1
Participant list w/links to GTP pages
Bracket
Important Links T#1
Tournament #1
Tournament #1's Bracket

Last edited:
GTPlanet_H2H_2.png

The_KingB_..........Vs..........Cervatoz Judged by TwinTurboCH
Team Burst..........Vs..........D-Max
12......................Vs..........8
The first battle of the tournament was a great one, with both drifters holding awesome lines.
First run went 6-4 to KingB_ due to less corrections and a succesful link of "that" section
Run #2 went 6-4 to KingB aswell, with much faster and wilder line.
The_KingB_ Moves on to the quarter finals, where they will meet either Gonales or Knight Spirit
road20course2020indy.jpg

oOIvanXOo..........Vs..........LR-L2L-Uberlight Judged by TwinTurboCH
Team Nemises.....Vs..........L2-L2L
12 (after OMT).....Vs..........8 (after OMT)
Ivan ran first (being the higher qualifier) and won the first run 6:4. Although Uberlight was quicker, he straightened between turns 2 and 3 meaning the advantage went to Ivan.
Second run, Uberlight led. Both were smooth and had good lines and angle, but Uberlight pulled a small gap, meaning he won the run 6:4.
ONE MORE TIME!!!
Ivan led, Uberlight stayed very close all the way, but was slightly shakier and made a few more small corrections than Ivan did, so 5:5.
Second run:
Uberlight led and immediately pulled a gap after Ivan ran wide on the exit of turn one, losing valuable speed. Ivan tried to catch up, but pushed too hard into turn 4, running wide again and losing yet more ground to Uberlight. Both continued cleanly to the end but Ivan just couldn't make the ground back. 7:3 to Uberlight.
LR-L2L-Uberlight wins.
road20course2020indy.jpg

Stavingo................Vs..........monsterGAUZ Judged by MrDinosaw94
Southern Sliderz.....Vs..........Team ID
6 (after OMT)........Vs..........14 (after OMT)
Run 1: Monstar span on corner 4 and Stavingo finished cleanly for the 10-0
Run 2: A very nice run, where monstar built up some gap. Both drifted well until the last corner, where Stavingo left the track. Due to the poor camera angle I was unsure if 2 or all 4 wheels left the track. I called the run 7-3 to monstar pending conformation.
Post conformation, i confirmed that all 4 of Stavingo's wheels did leave the track (for less then 1/4 a second) this means that the run was 10 - 0 to monsterGAUZ, and a one more time would be required.
ONE MORE TIME!!!
Run 1: stav was following really well, but unfortunately made hard contact with monster giving him 10-0
Run 2: both guys ran really well... Stav built up a nice lead and rode it home well for the 6-4
Monster gets the 14-6 win on the One More Time & 2nd referral
road20course2020indy.jpg

Last edited:
This tournament already is shaping up to be very interesting with the Unlimited hp and weight and aspiration. Would be intresting to see a 400hp silvia go up against a 900hp Viper and the driver line up is looking good too.

i would like to see a section of track used rather than a whole track also limit the tyres to 1 trye choice if you wanna see people get close comfort hards are the best option as this will gaurantee that people with high hp wont pull away from slower cars

Qualifying has been completed. It has thus been moved to this post.

Drivers who have ran their qualifiers Green= Currently qualified..................Red= Out of contention ..................Orange= Tying on border of in & out of contention
Please note scores marked with (&#10004;) have been checked with the new system. All others have been moderated in the best way i could.
If you have your replay, please send it to hayden.dinosaw@gmal.com as a ZIP or RAR as soon as possible.

-Sai Yip.............................19......................MONSTAR-1 (&#10004;)
SAi-66
~Matsuri Missiles~
Canada

-Dominique.......................19......................xUXIOUSx & MONSTAR-1
Gonales
Belgium
N/A

-Derek..............................19......................GTP_MrDinosaw94 (&#10004;)
SKR-Kaizer
Canada, Ontario
~Matsuri Missiles~

James...............................19......................GTP_MrDinosaw94 (&#10004;)
TwinTurboCH
N/A
UK

-Steve..............................18......................GTP_MrDinosaw94
LR-L2L-iSlide
LR-L2L (leader of Lock2Lock of the Legit Racing League)
Eastern Standard

-Shane Mace......................17......................MONSTAR-1
Stavingo
Southern Sliderz
Australia

-Bahaa...............................17......................MONSTAR-1
The_kingB_
Lebanon (GMT +2)
Team Burst

Ivan...................................17......................xUXIOUSx
oOIvanxOo
Team Nemesis
USA, Eastern time

Alex...................................17......................xUXIOUSx
LR-L2L-Uberlight
LR-L2L
USA

Johan Eriksson......................17......................GTP_MrDinosaw94 (&#10004;)
Cervatoz
D-Max
Sweden

-Lukas.................................17......................MONSTAR-1
monsterGAUZ
Team ID
Germany

jimmy.................................17......................MONSTAR-1(&#10004;)
jimmy281090
d-trick
england

Accendo..............................16......................GTP_MrDinosaw94
Accendo
Southern Sliderz
Australia

Paulo..................................16......................GTP_MrDinosaw94(&#10004;)
GTP_Paul
Portugal
D-Trick Drift Team

Nathan Poole......................16......................GTP_MrDinosaw94(&#10004;)
Knight_Spirit
D-Max
England

Marc...................................16......................xUXIOUSx
Fcpmarcus
Team NEMESIS
USA (pacific)

-Chris Godfrey......................15......................GTP_MrDinosaw94(&#10004;) Due to open comparison with other =16th runs
FRAG-ME-CG
D-Max
England

-Tiago Veiga........................15......................GTP_MrDinosaw94
Weiga-
Team Burst
Portugal

Alex..................................15......................GTP_MrDinosaw94
LR-L2L-Rear2Kurb
LR-L2L
Greece

Man Of Mystery....................15......................xUXIOUSx
LR_L2L_xdriFtz -15
LR-L2L
USA

-Matt..................................15......................GTP_MrDinosaw94(&#10004;)
Monstar-1
Melbourne, Australia
Southern Sliderz

-Vince Moten........................15......................GTP_MrDinosaw94(&#10004;)
StuntDrifter
Team-ID
Maryland, USA

-Michael Williams.................14......................MONSTAR-1 (&#10004;)
REDSUNS-KLUTCH
US
RedSuns

-Hayden.................13......................MONSTAR-1
GTP_MrDinosaw94
Southern Sliders
Australia

-Robert................................13......................Weiga_
BEAST260AU
Southern Sliderz
Melbourne, Australia

-Brad...................................13......................GTP_MrDinosaw94(&#10004;)
tuzmyfuz80
USA
N/A

D........................................12......................MONSTAR-1
reddawn_77
USA
Nemesis

Crack...................................11........................MONSTAR-1
-xCrack_stylez-
Southern Sliderz
Austealia

-AJ.......................................10........................MONSTAR-1
DrifT-AJV
Southern-Sliderz
Eastern Australian time

Steven..................................9........................MONSTAR-1
Stevenp76
N/A
?

Jon........................................7........................MONSTAR-1 (&#10004;)
Pinoy_boii_408
team purple blur
USA, san jose,CA

-yellow...................................6........................MONSTAR-1
yellomello88
Southern-Sliderz
Newcastle Australia

David......................................5........................MONSTAR-1(run #2 spin, run #1 was nice. Unluckily 3 wheels off on turn 1 degraded a good score to this)(&#10004;)
Davidevans11
Southern sliders
Vic aus

Gabrielle..................................5........................MONSTAR-1
geti01
NSW, Australia
Southern Sliderz

Queensland...............................3........................MONSTAR-1
TEAM_MONSTER_QLD
Australia
N/A

quip.........................................6........................MONSTAR-1 (crashed run #1, spun run #2)(&#10004;)
Quips007
N/A
?

Man Of Mystery..........................1........................MONSTAR-1
ITBEKELZZ
?
aus

Last edited:
Did not see that:guilty:

No biggy, it may change in the future. I am thinking of having varying restrictions.
Eg,
Tournament #1 Comfort Hard
Tournament #2 Comfort Medium
Tournament #3 Comfort soft.

Remember this is very early planning and this thread is mainly up so i have plenty of choices for tracks for the poll.

well in that case im a fan of indy#2 and fuji:tup:

Thought you would be ;). I think i'll have votes in the OP, rather then a poll. This way i can add tracks & change peoples votes (if they ask me too), rather then an uneditable poll.
This being the case, which one do you vote for

I've said comfort, the rest is up to individual preference ;)

That's goin to ensure everyone just uses comfort softs. What's the point? You might as well limit to comfort hard and get to watch more spectactular drifting. I can't imagine anyone really objects to everyone using comfort hards.

i would like to see a section of track used rather than a whole track also limit the tyres to 1 trye choice if you wanna see people get close comfort hards are the best option as this will gaurantee that people with high hp wont pull away from slower cars
Exactly. With no power restriction, I intend to use something high-horsepower, if I'm on comfort softs too, it'll be a massive advantage.

My votes for track would be firstly for Indy #2 and secondly for the Fuji layout.

Yea this is true. I have had requests for comfort softs this toime but it would blow out power advantages... This is why I opened up this thread so early, to learn what the people want :)

As far as i know, comfort softs used on the rear is insanely grippy and easy to wear out from when i tested, even with high horsepower..

i vote for fuji but i would like it backwards.

Track idea is cape ring inside reversed at the chicane into long lefthander then cruise start straight into 180 hairpin into 2 more linkable corners.

I'm with Keiso and TT here, the tyres would only ensure everybody takes the same, or the speed limitations and pulling away factor would constantly come into play.

Plus the most of us here think hards is the way to go. ;)

Definately indy road is awesome as drift track; especially the last part, but pretty slow too.
Put indy #2 as my vote!

A HUGE issue with the restictions:

If one guy is using sports and the follower isn't the guy in softs would just fly away through the corners and leave the follower without a chance of keeping up!

Comfort hards only or i'm taking a miss on this one.

Power, a similar issue, form trying out my 870bhp ford gt with lower powers in my team, I can confirm that there will be zero chance of holding a side by side tandem. People could just take advantage and shoot off on the straight, probably scoring an 8-2 for himself which is rediculous.

You can only compete, if the battle is fair, otherwise it's just a game of who has takend advantage of the rules.

I would be a backup UK Judge.

AUTUMN MINI REVERSE

Chris.

if you brake after the straight then it should lower your score. thus making more hp useless in straights.

TT had a clearer explanation of this.

A HUGE issue with the restictions:

If one guy is using sports and the follower isn't the guy in softs would just fly away through the corners and leave the follower without a chance of keeping up!

Comfort hards only or i'm taking a miss on this one.
Agreed.

Power, a similar issue, form trying out my 870bhp ford gt with lower powers in my team, I can confirm that there will be zero chance of holding a side by side tandem. People could just take advantage and shoot off on the straight, probably scoring an 8-2 for himself which is rediculous.

The straights aren't an issue as we discussed in my 'power restrictions' thread. Besides which, none of the sections we are considering using in this round have any straights. The issue with you pulling being faster in the Ford GT is nothing to do with it's 870bhp and EVERYTHING to do with it being mid-engined ;)

You can only compete, if the battle is fair, otherwise it's just a game of who has takend advantage of the rules.
Exactly. Tyres are part of this. Power is not.

AUTUMN MINI REVERSE
Too small and slow. Slow tracks are easy, easyness levels the playing field, levelling th playing field makes it harder to seperate the men from the boys. Harder tracsk are the way forward. We (JDM AllStars) ALWAYS make the course as tough as possible for the drivers so that it creates the biggest opportunity for those at the top to rise above the rest of the field and show why they are the best :)

Regarding track choice Dino, your Daytona layout has far too many straights, it's better to have a short course with no straights rather than a long one with too many. Same goes for Tsukuba. Having that HUGE straight in there just so you can include the last corner is pointless. Same also sort of goes for the Suzuka section you've used.
Where did you get all these circuit maps? I'll grab them and come up with some ideas for layouts :)

Last edited:
The power issue, it only takes a small amount of space with the car facing straight for you to gain distance over a lower powered car (during left, right transitions).

Also high powered makes initiating much easier, as you don't need to throw the car off balance as much.

I'm only doing this as I want these tournaments to be fair for everyone, otherwise the bragging rights of the winner would have little value.

I'm with Keiso and TT here, the tyres would only ensure everybody takes the same, or the speed limitations and pulling away factor would constantly come into play.

Plus the most of us here think hards is the way to go. ;)

Definately indy road is awesome as drift track; especially the last part, but pretty slow too.
Put indy #2 as my vote!

What part of Seigo reads Keisu in it, not sure why everyone always mixes us up.....

The power issue, it only takes a small amount of space with the car facing straight for you to gain distance over a lower powered car (during left, right transitions).
The car should NEVER be straight during s transition. If it is, it is considered a 'correction' as the car has lost it's drift and has to be re-initiated, so the loss of points from straightening should be FAR greater than what is percievably gained by pulling a metre or two gap. Hence power makes no difference.

Also high powered makes initiating much easier, as you don't need to throw the car off balance as much.
You still need to initate aggressively to get good angle and speed, if you are just lazy and hoof the throttle, it's really easy to tell when watching, and so you lose points for not pushing yourself or the car. Having power is not a licence to take it easy. In fact, having a higher power car should mean that you have to work even harder in the car to make the most of the power.

I'm only doing this as I want these tournaments to be fair for everyone, otherwise the bragging rights of the winner would have little value.
Same here, but I obviously have a LOT of drifting experience, and I'm telling you, power makes no difference. I've watched enough 400bhp S13's beat 600bhp+ skyline's/S15's/supra's etc to KNOW this to be a FACT.

Last edited:
The Tsukuba track is in my opinion the best drift track on the game. Sazuka east and Autumn Ring mini are just behind it in my rankings.
Quite like Clubman stage 5 reverse as well. (one to be tried, difficult to judge the corners, separates the men from the boys ;) )

ahha nice 'know' exaggeration :)

Only joking mate.

The car should NEVER be straight during s transition. If it is, it is considered a 'correction' as the car has lost it's drift and has to be re-initiated, so the loss of points from straightening should be FAR greater than what is percievably gained by pulling a metre or two gap. Hence power makes no difference.

Sorry but for a car to be drifting left, then to turn right to drift a right hander, the car MUST at some point face straight...

Can someone from ACN back me up on this?

Chris.

ahha nice 'know' exaggeration :)

Only joking mate.

Sorry but for a car to be drifting left, then to turn right to drift a right hander, the car MUST at some point face straight...

Can someone from ACN back me up on this?

Chris.

He means the car should at no point stop drifting to go straight, then initiate again. Which is what happened on Suzuka after turn 1.

Back