GTPlanet's Gaming Year in Review: 2017

2018 will be the year of ‘player catch up’ as I’ve got more games to play than I ever had before. Should be busy for a while!

Right? Nevermind the racing games — I still have yet to snap up WRC7 and F1 2017 — I have at least a dozen non-racers that I haven't even started. There are four PS4 games on my shelf that are still in wrapping!

2018 will be the year of ‘player catch up’ as I’ve got more games to play than I ever had before. Should be busy for a while!
I've got more coming, but certainly no lack of things to do either way. Ace Combat 7 is around the corner, and Harebrained Schemes' Battletech should be getting a release date before long; I got pre-orders for both of those for Xmas. :) Then there's Kirby Star Allies sometime in 2018, and in terms of racing games, I hope the retro indie Racing Apex makes it to the finish line. It has a cool list of oldschool lookalike cars and it appears quite a bit of thought and care has gone into it.

Meanwhile, I've got a lot more Xenoblade 2 ahead of me, PCARS2, Splatoon 2...I guess it was a year of twos.

An awesome round-up of an awesome year, @SlipZtrEm! In the endless sea of whinging complaints, your summary provides an excellent reminder of what a special time it is to be a racing game fan. Few realize just how good we have it these days.

You and the rest of the writing team have done an incredible job keeping GTPlanet at the forefront during the most amazing year for racing games we've ever seen. It's been quite a journey and I'm looking forward to what 2018 has in store for us. :D

:cheers:

Back