GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
Meaning JDM only I assume... Correct me if I'm wrong.
I have about four or five beast fighting to take part in the Max class.

Actually, foreign cars are allowed too. Just so long as it's "proper". I mean no race cars, etc. Although I'm allowing tuned cars like Nismo, Mine's, Amuse, etc.

Anyways, me and TakumiFuji01 have just finished doing the final battle, and we've decided that there are TWO winners for this class. One dominated on the corners, and another one dominated on the straights. Deciding was just way too hard. Both cars were evenly matched.

Last edited:
Ahh! It was fun running with you, Mat! The Touge Drift Stuff and trying out Akina. :P By the way, did you notice something different with my Roadster? :lol:

Last edited:
Touge Drift Stuff

This'll only happen once Touge Showdown runs out of popularity. Drifting/racing in the pits of Eiger/reverse approximately 15 seconds. :lol:

Oh, and your Roadster? I dunno? Faster?

Yeah, that's right. My Touge Monster lost... Unofficially of course. :lol:

Last edited:
How was my Top Fuel Civic ?

Errm... Hard. lol With the very high BB, and no ABS, it was very hard to drive. It's still a good car though. The tires couldn't take it in 1st and 2nd gear, lol they kept spinning, and the throttle control was very delicate.

But don't worry! I gave it a second chance. This time, with the ABS on.

Errm... Hard. lol With the very high BB, and no ABS, it was very hard to drive. It's still a good car though. The tires couldn't take it in 1st and 2nd gear, lol they kept spinning, and the throttle control was very delicate.

But don't worry! I gave it a second chance. This time, with the ABS on.

:scared::scared::scared: You can use your own BB and with ABS, on the tight hairpins, 1st/2nd gear throttle need to be maintained smoothly at 70% to 80%, this is where the LSD will work best to maintain traction. Or use the stock transmission, it still works well with the car, but better control on 1st and 2nd gear :cheers:

If it was the R1 from yesterday…then to more than one car, possibly. ;) How did mine do? As bad as I predicted?

*Taken from my review (unfinished)

Well, what can I say? It's fast! It's balanced, responsive, has monster acceleration, but it just doesn't seem to be very exciting. It's above average, actually. Anyways, here's the review. At launch, the car just flew by! It's quick! Turn-in, it shows some very good signs, and continues to turn in perfectly, all the way to the corner exit, which I think is somehow different from usual All-Wheel drive cars. Acceleration, is also spot on! So far, it doesn't have anything to fix, in my opinion. I still can't seem to figure this car out though... I just can't seem to be excited while driving it. My attention was lost, my focus was gone, I didn't quite care about my line, or braking points, etc. I felt quite... dull?

Pros:
-Quick acceleration
-Balanced cornering
-Great rotation
Cons:
-Doesn't feel too exciting

Score:5-5-5-5-7=27/30

Oh, and no. My MR2 lost to Tak's Roadster.

:scared::scared::scared: You can use your own BB and with ABS, on the tight hairpins, 1st/2nd gear throttle need to be maintained smoothly at 70% to 80%, this is where the LSD will work best to maintain traction. Or use the stock transmission, it still works well with the car, but better control on 1st and 2nd gear :cheers:

Like I said, I'm giving it a second chance.

Last edited:
*Taken from my review (unfinished)

Well, what can I say? It's fast! It's balanced, responsive, has monster acceleration, but it just doesn't seem to be very exciting. It's above average, actually. Anyways, here's the review. At launch, the car just flew by! It's quick! Turn-in, it shows some very good signs, and continues to turn in perfectly, all the way to the corner exit, which I think is somehow different from usual All-Wheel drive cars. Acceleration, is also spot on! So far, it doesn't have anything to fix, in my opinion. I still can't seem to figure this car out though... I just can't seem to be excited while driving it. My attention was lost, my focus was gone, I didn't quite care about my line, or braking points, etc. I felt quite... dull?

Oh, and no. My MR2 lost to Tak's Roadster.

Yup, nailed it…bang on the head! It's fast as bloody screaming hell, but because of that, everything just seems…a bit too perfect (?), which is strange to say for me, being the tuner of the car. It oversteered more pre-2.09, but since then, it's been needlessly neutered, so I guess that's where it falls down on.

I'd still like my car back though, I have no intentions of building another since I forgot most the tune. :lol: The Impreza beat your R1…quite badly though, no? :lol:

Yup, nailed it…bang on the head! It's fast as bloody screaming hell, but because of that, everything just seems…a bit too perfect (?), which is strange to say for me, being the tuner of the car. It oversteered more pre-2.09, but since then, it's been needlessly neutered, so I guess that's where it falls down on.

I'd still like my car back though, I have no intentions of building another since I forgot most the tune. :lol: The Impreza beat your R1…quite badly though, no? :lol:

Well, with Tak behind the wheel of the R1, he'd probably blow past by any car. :lol:

No, seriously, he gave both the FD and Evo a run for their money. At the first checkpoint, he gained a 2 second lead in both rounds. :scared:

Anyway, I'll return the STI as soon as I get online. Maybe Friday? I can't today, since I'm at my daily limit. (I'll be very busy with school, so Friday.)

Is it my EVO doing good or the other EVO
petter ? Maybe she is not fun car but I enjoy driving it :dopey:.

The Evo was SolidSnake's Evo. yours recieved 26/30 points. You'll see next week. It did pretty good though. I think that the car could use less understeer, and maybe transfer some torque to the rear. Also, I think it would be better if the car would let me apply more throttle in the corners. 👍

Well, with Tak behind the wheel of the R1, he'd probably blow past by any car. :lol:
Haha! It's been my favorite S2000(other then my low powered GT-1 Turbo with 315hp). I just tend to master cars in probably 1 or 2 runs. :D The R1 was just the car I've been using since Decemeber 2010. But there is another cars I like.

Last edited:
On the subject of cars, did you drive my Impreza as well, or are you splitting the cars up with Mat taking half the field and you doing the other?

Wait, Mat told you guys I was gonna test the cars, right? Just making sure, since I am. Going to need Mat to send me the setups and etc. :lol: Unless you guys wanna PM them. He said I'm judging for Max Class.

Last edited:
Wait, Mat told you guys I was gonna test the cars, right? Just making sure, since I am. Going to need Mat to send me the setups and etc. :lol: Unless you guys wanna PM them.

Ugh…since I forgot how I tuned the gears on my Impreza, I'll have to get Mat to pass it to you for testing…:grumpy: I can never have my most prized and loved cars back when I need them, can I? Hmph. :lol:

Wait, Mat told you guys I was gonna test the cars, right? Just making sure, since I am. Going to need Mat to send me the setups and etc. :lol: Unless you guys wanna PM them. He said I'm judging for Max Class.

Dude, your testing on Max class. lol

I'm almost done with this class anyway. lol

Anyways, once MAX comes around, I'll be setting the cars on share. You could either: A. Borrow and test offline. or B. Replicate the tune, and test online.

Offline and Offline doesn't seem so different in my opinion, so I say it's best to go with option A.

jc, yeah, actually... Everyone scored about 20. lol
ugabugaz: pretty good, actually. I can't post the final reviews just yet though.

Last edited:
Dude, your testing on Max class. lol
Lol I knew that, just wanted to make sure everybody knows what class I'm judging for the rest of the Rounds/Seasons. I'll start judging for Max Round 1 and the rest of the Season/Rounds.

JUST to make myself CLEAR....
I'M STARTING MY JUDGE BUSINESS ON MAX Round 1!
:lol:

I might enter my Phantom-R, w/ the ATTESA-ETS Pro(TCS) for Max Class. Has about 597HP as a new ride :P Keeping weight stock to keep it Street Legal.

Here's what I think of Weight Reduction System
Weight Reduction 1= Remove Parts like Spare Tire, & Tools
Weight Reduction 2= Removes A/C & Radio.
Weight Reduction 3= Removes whole interior and replaces materials(Not shown in-game but meh)

The Weight Reductions should be restricted up to Reduction 2(for all HP Classes). Reason is because, there's some cars like Tsuchiya's AE86, has no A/C but radio(but his recent one from Tec Arts has no Radio replaced by Defi Guages).

Last edited:
Back