GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Segment: Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 249 comments

Would you be interested in such a segment?

• Total voters
I bet anything that its the citroen C4..

Special connection to GTP? (Jordan)
Its red..

Although I thought the citroen handled great, and I was really looking foreward to a car with understeer to be chosen, since all the reasonably priced cars were FF but also had significant issues with understeer. The C4, Integra (RSX) 04 were one of the best FF handling cars In prologue, because they had low understeer.

I too believe that the suziki swift is a better choice.

When I dug around the car list the 2 best choices I saw were the swift I mentioned, or a Vitz, but the Vitz is a little too slow.

My biggest criteria were 1) Premium, 2) Reasonably Priced, 3) FF

Hopefully the designer of this whole shebang had the same idea.

Yes the whole idea was to have a reasonably priced, premium, FF car.

I've just got done processing the video. The first couple weeks probably won't look the best as I play around with various way to capture the replay from the TV. But the real thing here is the interview which I've sent the questions to our first guest just moments ago.

This is looking like a solid Sunday release date, but since it has something to do with GT I might run into production problems or something. Even though I could release the GTP Star in a Reasonably Priced whenever I want, there is always a good chance that it'll get delayed with minutes to go due to the production problem.

This is looking like a solid Sunday release date, but since it has something to do with GT I might run into production problems or something. Even though I could release the GTP Star in a Reasonably Priced whenever I want, there is always a good chance that it'll get delayed with minutes to go due to the production problem.

So what you are saying is that you will release a prologue Sunday, but the real deal will be a few years down the road?

:sly:

I bet car is mazda demio :)

Hope not! I just sold mine so I would have enough cash for the 69 Camaro that showed up on my used lot, I was $3,300 short, I had to do something!

Actually I just checked the car list, the Demio is only available as a standard model, no premium. That is a deal breaker.

Courtesy of the Car Database in the Q&A forum, here is a list of all the Premium FF Road cars, sorted by price. Based on what I had thought and Joey D has confirmed, the car is going to be one of these on the list. You can take your guesses or I am willing to bet if you wait a day or two you will find out for sure ;)

selection002.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if I will ever qualify as a 'star', but this looks like a lot of fun. I am one of the people that have used a wheel for so long that I can no longer make a decent lap using the controller, so if I am ever chosen I will have to use the controller. Yes you read that right and I did not mis-type. Since this is about fun I think watching a lap of me trying to get a car around a track quickly using the controller will be perfect.

Has anyone tried this off their own backs? i would like to hear how fast others have done this challenge. i take it they were flying laps, not taken from standing start.

I done a 129.359 was wondering how i faired against others

Back